Hacking Tatsunoko vs. Capcom music hack

Tonitonichopchop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check the third post for the tutorial.

Me and TyRaNtM have worked together and substituted the music made for this game with the original character themes. It isn't possible to make this game like the original, but if you don't like the new stuff you can have some original. Here's the break down of what was changed:

Wasteland ----> Ippatsuman's Theme
Yatterman's Workshop ---> Yatterman-1's Theme
Washinkyo, Amehon ----> Viewtiful Joe's Theme
Galactor Base ---> Ken the Eagle's Theme (Gatchaman I)
Burning Wasteland ---> Gold Lightan's Theme
Les Vagas ---> Karas's Theme
Daigo Temple (Cherry Blossoms) ---> Kajin no Soki's Theme
Gesellshaft (Clear Skies) ---> Megaman Volnutt's Theme
Aensland Castle ---> Unchanged
Uncharted Region of China ---> Batsu's Theme
Daigo Temple (moonlight) ---> Ryu's Theme
Gesellshaft (storm) ---> PTX-40A's Theme
Orbial Ring Systems Cargo Bay --> Tekkaman's theme
Willamette Parkview Mall ---> Roll's theme (English)
Training Stage ---> NTSC character select screen
Select Character Screen ---> Select Character Screen (Japanese
Roll's Theme ---> Roll's Theme (Jap)
Main theme (Before pressing start at title screen) ---> Main theme (Before pressing start at title screen) (Japanese version)
All instances of the American opening are now the orignal Cross Generation of Heroes opening; Even in the gallery.

Credits:

Tonitonichopchop- Hacker
TyRaNtM- Creative music decider + File organizer

Reactions: DarthDub

Tonitonichopchop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm adding this here for wii hackers to see.

1. If you have any question about how this was done, don't pm me since I'll eventually detail a tutorial that will explain everything.

2. If you want to ask me to join a wii hacking project, tell me what game it's for and who you have on board and who you need on board.

3. If you're interested in hacking a sound file know as .brsar for me, then pm me since I am very interested in decompiling and compiling this for a hack I'm currently working on (Not for this game).

4. If you know of a good resource for wii hackers, pm me since I could use info on some of the wii iso's main files.

Tonitonichopchop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How to replace music (Pre-determinded pack)
Things needed:

Wii scrubber
Partion builder
Watch this video. The file is in the description.
The NTSC iso (Not the disc) of Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom: Ultimate All Stars
step1q.png

First, right click on the partition in wii scrubber after loading the Iso. Selected unencrypted and then extract.

step2l.jpg

Make sure that they're in a folder with nothing in it. It will look like this.

step3ur.png

Click on snd and you will see this.

step4h.png

Then after clicking on stream you will see this.

Replace this folder with the one in the RAR you downloaded.

step5.png

Extract the files (By right clicking on them and selecting extract) in the pic below:
step6c.png

Optional; Replace the intro movie.

Do you want the Japanese opening to play everytime you boot up the game and make your iso smaller? Then read this. If not skip down to the next step where the italics end.

Warning! This removes the American intro from your game. Backup the movie folder to be safe, or better yet have a backup clean iso.

1. Go into the folder thp and select "us".
2. Inside that folder, copy the file named "1001" to an external folder seperate from the iso files.
3. Rename and replace it with every file in the folder. For example, rename it "0501" and then replace it with that file in the folder. After you've finished they should all be the exact same size (135,127 kb).
4. Continue to the next step

step7w.png

In partition builder, put the files in the appropriate slot. Wait for it to finish, the open the iso in wii scrubber and right click on the partition. Go to unencrypted, but this time select "load". Choose the partiton YOU DID NOT RENAME and it will load into the iso. Play it on your medium of choice then viola! You're done!

Reactions: cvskid

vashgs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who cares? We can all replace files with Trucha Signer or WiiScrubber. Figure out the format so we can have custom music, then start a topic.

Tonitonichopchop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vashgs said:
Who cares?

A lot of people. Don't say whatever comes to mind; think about it for a second. This way if you don't have or want the Japanese iso and don't want to figure out which file goes where you have a song list already built.

vashgs said:
We can all replace files with Trucha Signer or WiiScrubber.

That is incorrect. A good majority of people don't know how these programs work and probably don't wish to spend a few hours learning how to.

QUOTE(vashgs @ Jan 28 2010, 06:41 PM)
Figure out the format so we can have custom music, then start a topic.

I don't know the first thing about coding, so I can't do that. I just want to make a quick music alternitive for those who want it. If you don't like it then ignore this thread. Or better yet do something instead of asking me to.

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
BTW, the files that you need to extract manually, like main.dol, apploader.bin, boot.bin, etc.. Where need to be? inside of the same folder where all files are or in a separate folder?

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
GREAT JOB!!! Tonitonichopchop

Thank you for dedicating your time for this. Once I get home I'll test it.

Once again THANKS!!!!

Tonitonichopchop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TyRaNtM said:
BTW, the files that you need to extract manually, like main.dol, apploader.bin, boot.bin, etc.. Where need to be? inside of the same folder where all files are or in a separate folder?

They need to be manually extracted one by one. They're right where they're shown in pic #5.

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Tonitonichopchop said:
TyRaNtM said:

They need to be manually extracted one by one. They're right where they're shown in pic #5.

Yeah, but for example, you have all TvC files in C:/tvc/, you need to put the files in another folder, for example C:/files/ or need to be in the same tvc folder?
Because i tried the first time putting all that extra files in the same tvc folder and in wiiscrubber appear 2 of that files.

Tonitonichopchop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TyRaNtM said:
Tonitonichopchop said:
TyRaNtM said:

Yeah, but for example, you have all TvC files in C:/tvc/, you need to put the files in another folder, for example C:/files/ or need to be in the same tvc folder?
Because i tried the first time putting all that extra files in the same tvc folder and in wiiscrubber appear 2 of that files.

No you should have the manually extracted ones seperate. They can be with other files though, but they're easier to find in one place. Here's my example setup:

aaaaaaaaaaat.png

The core iso folder leads to pic #5, and other folder leads to pic #2. The TvsCeng folder will be the folder you select for partition builder as the last option on the list.

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Tonitonichopchop said:
TyRaNtM said:
Tonitonichopchop said:
TyRaNtM said:

No you should have the manually extracted ones seperate. They can be with other files though, but they're easier to find in one place. Here's my example setup:

aaaaaaaaaaat.png

The core iso folder leads to pic #5, and other folder leads to pic #2. The TvsCeng folder will be the folder you select for partition builder as the last option on the list.

Oh, ok, i will try it!
biggrin.gif

Tonitonichopchop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TyRaNtM said:
WOOOOOOOOOOOORKKKKKKKKSSSSSSS!!!!!!!
rofl2.gif
Excelent! All works really well!
The hard work made was succesful!
biggrin.gif

I'm glad to hear it! I get a nice nostalgic feeling everytime I play Joe's stage, since Viewtiful Joe is my favorite gamecube game.

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I'm thinking about something:
Try to contact to the guys that created the Fatal Frame IV patch for original game discs, to give the opportunity to have this musics also to them.

Tonitonichopchop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To have it be used for retail discs? We just have to wait for Riivolution to come out and then we can have retail discs use custom music.

justjack

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
when are you going to post the instructions for the japanese opening? I'll wait to patch the music and opening at the same time
smile.gif

syn13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the tutorial but is the music fuzzy for anyone else? apart from the select a character screen and a few stages the music sounds really fuzzy to me
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3