Hacking The Conduit Config File(CDGame.txt)

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I just finished 'buying' The Conduit(don't worry, I didn't leech and run - 25GB uploaded so far at 500KB/s), and immediately opened it in trucha. Most of the ISO is boring when it comes to modding, except for a couple text files -- namely one called CDGame.txt.

In this file is the following, which I believe is customizable:
<!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->COLLISION 1ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ64ÂÂÂÂ64ÂÂÂÂ64ÂÂÂÂ// No-Climb
COLLISION 2ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ0ÂÂÂÂ88ÂÂÂÂ0ÂÂÂÂ// Grass
COLLISION 3ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ255ÂÂÂÂ207ÂÂÂÂ55 ÂÂÂÂ// Gravel
COLLISION 5ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ65ÂÂÂÂ42ÂÂÂÂ9ÂÂÂÂ// Wood (Rough) - half of Wood (Polished)
COLLISION 6ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ130ÂÂÂÂ83ÂÂÂÂ18 ÂÂÂÂ// Wood (Polished)
COLLISION 7ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ25ÂÂÂÂ97ÂÂÂÂ216ÂÂÂÂ// Stone
COLLISION 10ÂÂÂÂ0ÂÂÂÂ0ÂÂÂÂ179ÂÂÂÂ// Metal (Solid)
COLLISION 11ÂÂÂÂ0ÂÂÂÂ0ÂÂÂÂ89ÂÂÂÂ// Metal (Hollow) - half of Metal (Solid)
COLLISION 12ÂÂÂÂ0ÂÂÂÂ255ÂÂÂÂ255ÂÂÂÂ// Glass
ÂÂÂÂ
TEX_OFFSETÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ1
NAMEÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂNAÂÂÂÂ ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// Name of game
WADÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ99_99ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// First WAD to read
LANGUAGEÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂENGLISHÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ // Territory or language
STRATDBGPATHÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂStratBin/ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// Where the .SVM files are
PALÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂOFF
DEBUG_TEXTÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂOFFÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// Global enable/disable of debug info
DEBUG_MEMORY_INFOÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂOFFÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ//
DEBUG_WAD_INFOÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂOFFÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// Display which wads are loaded
DEBUG_SCALEFORMÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂOFFÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// Display debug output for scaleform
DEBUG_SCREENPRINTSÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂOFFÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// Display strat "screenprint" output
DEBUG_PROFILE_LABELSÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂOFFÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ//
DEBUG_STRAT_PRINTSÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂOFFÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// Display strat "print" output
DEBUG_ASSERT_MESSAGESÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂOFFÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// Display strat "assert" output
DEBUG_SOUNDÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂOFFÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// Extra sound debug
DEBUG_CHEATSÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂOFF ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// Are debug cheats on/off
DEBUG_FLYÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂOFFÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ // Fly-through mode on/off
LEVEL_SELECTÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂOFFÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// Level select on/off
DEMO_LEVEL_SELECTÂÂÂÂÂÂ ÂÂÂÂOFFÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ // Only show * levels in level select
SOUNDÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ÂÂÂÂONÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// Sound on/off
HEAPSIZEÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ18.5ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// Size of game heap in MB
GEOMSTRATSÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ0ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// Number of geometry strats
PARTICLES0ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ1024ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// Number of particles
PARTICLES1ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ1024ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// Number of particles
PERFORMANCE_METRICSÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ0ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// How much performance data to display, 0=none, 1=fps, 2=lots, 3=tons
SKIP_MOVIESÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂOFFÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// Whether to skip the front end into movies or not
SCREENPRINT_YPOSÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ-220ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// ASL screenprint start y position
ASSERT_YPOSÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ-100ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// ASL assert start y position
REGIONÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ0
KEYCODEÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ÂÂÂÂBAÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// Region Code from Sony
PRODUCT_NUMBERÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂNAÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// Product Code from Sony
VIDEO_ALLOC_METHODÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂMALLOC
PSPÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂON
DISABLE_PSPÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂOFFÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// PSP mode
SAVE_NAMEÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ ÂÂÂÂNA
OFFER_MULTIPLAYERÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂONÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// Turn on multiplayer options//DMK
AUTO_HOSTÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂOFFÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// ON=Automatically host a network game after booting.
AUTO_CONNECTÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂOFFÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// ON=Automatically join a network game after booting.
AUTO_NAMEÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂNAÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// Name of network game to host/join automatically.
AUTO_MONKEYÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂOFFÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// ON=automatically run the controller
ASL_SERIALIZATION_LEVELÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ0ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// 0,1,2 Higher levels give more network debug info, but run slower.
ASL_SERIALIZATION_DEVICEÂÂÂÂ1ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// Where to write network out-of-sync logs: 0=MemStick, 1=Host
USE_CLASSIC_CONTROLLERÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂOFFÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// Ignore input from classic controller
ROLLING_LOGÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂOFFÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// ON=using rolling filenames, OFF=always use same log filename.
LEVEL_WALKÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂOFFÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// ON=run a level walk, OFF=don't (normal case)
HEAPSIZEÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ32.0ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// Size of game heap in MB
AUDIO_HEAP_SIZEÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ200000ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// Size of Audio heap (not content, just data structures!)
DISPLAY_LIST_SIZEÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ65536ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ // Size of each dislay list (there's 2 display lists!)
UNMANAGED_HEAP_SIZEÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ2877504ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ // Allocations outsize of the Diesel/Scaleform/Quantum/Audio huaps
DIESEL_HEAP_SIZEÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ786432ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// Diesel heap size
SCALEFORM_HEAP_SIZEÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ1572864ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ // Scaleform heap size
ALLOW_PATCHED_WATERÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂON
LOAD_TO_START_LEVELÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂOFFÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// Set to ON if you want to skip the UI and jump right into the level specified in START_LEVEL
START_LEVELÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ03_01ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// A start level that works from start game (this is used only if LOAD_TO_START_LEVEL is set to ON)
SAVE_SYSTEM_ENABLEDÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂONÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// Flag to enable/disable the save system on the application side.
USE_WII_NOSAVE_MESSAGEÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂONÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ// Home Button Menu: ON=home_nosave.csv OFF(default)=home.csv
NICK_NAMEÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂNA
DEBUG_MULTIPLAYERÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂOFF
GAME_CHANNELÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ35
GAME_BUILDÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ4
DWC_RELEASE_AUTHENTICATIONÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂON
ENGINE_VERSIONÂÂÂÂTue May 26 14:03:20 -0500 2009
GAME_VERSIONÂÂÂÂFri May 29 23:12:48 -0500 2009

-- APPENDED (some duplicates)--

COLLISION
BUILD
SAVE_NAME
ENGINE_VERSION
GAME_VERSION
LEVEL_SELECT
ON
DEMO_LEVEL_SELECT
SOUND
PAL
DEBUG_CHEATS
DEBUG_TEXT
DEBUG_FLY
DEMO_BUILD
DEMO_MAGAZINE
DEBUG_SOUND
DEBUG_SCALEFORM
DEBUG_LIST_STRATS_UPON_ERROR
CHINA_WORDWRAP
PSP_16BIT
PSP_DITHER
SKIP_MOVIES
USE_GCN_CONTROLLER
USE_CLASSIC_CONTROLLER
DISABLE_WII_HOME_MENU
DISABLE_WII_STRAP_MESSAGE
USE_WII_NOSAVE_MESSAGE
BANKED
HEAPSIZE
DMASIZE
REGION
PARTICLES0
PARTICLES1
KEYCODE
PRODUCT_NUMBER
SAVE_SYSTEM_ENABLED
BANNER_COPY_DISABLE
START_LEVEL
LOAD_TO_START_LEVEL
USE_KIKI_JOY_CONTROLLER
OFFER_MULTIPLAYER
AUTO_HOST
AUTO_CONNECT
AUTO_NAME
AUTO_MONKEY
ASL_SERIALIZATION_LEVEL
ASL_SERIALIZATION_DEVICE
DISPLAY_PARTICLE_COUNT
PERFORMANCE_METRICS
GPU_METRICS
ROLLING_LOG
SKU_TYPE
ALLOW_PATCHED_WATER
SLOW_MOTION_TOGGLE
LEVEL_WALK
GAMMA
BRIGHTNESS
CONTRAST
VM_WARNING_OPCOUNT_LIMIT
VM_PREEMPT_OPCOUNT_LIMIT
FRAME_INDEX_CACHE_POOL_ENTRIES
DISPLAY_FRAMES_PER_GAME_FRAME
VIDEO_ALLOC_METHOD<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->

A few notable items are:

DEBUG_MULTIPLAYER // Setting this to on unlocks another multiplayer menu. From this menu, you can play LAN games, host a game on any channel you like, and make custom games that anyone should be able to join.

USE_GCN_CONTROLLER /*
USE_CLASSIC_CONTROLLER As far as anyone can tell, these do nothing without some sort of additional variable turned on
USE_KIKI_JOY_CONTROLLER */

GAMMA /*
BRIGHTNESS Works well for fine tuning your LCD display
CONTRAST */

PARTICLES0 // It appears that these can be lowered to improve frame rate,
PARTICLES1 // but without any performance metrics, it's hard to really tell.

REGION // It should dump you into your local region, allowing you to play with people nearby.

START_LEVEL // These pertain to debugging levels,
LOAD_TO_START_LEVEL // but can be used to skip.

NICK_NAME // You can probably use this to change your online nickname,
SAVE_NAME // but if not, you can use this.

COLLISION 1 64 64 64 // No-Climb
COLLISION 2 0 88 0 // Grass
COLLISION 3 255 207 55 // Gravel
COLLISION 5 65 42 9 // Wood (Rough) - half of Wood (Polished)
COLLISION 6 130 83 18 // Wood (Polished)
COLLISION 7 25 97 216 // Stone
COLLISION 10 0 0 179 // Metal (Solid)
COLLISION 11 0 0 89 // Metal (Hollow) - half of Metal (Solid)
COLLISION 12 0 255 255 // Glass

Changing these all to the collision property of Glass should allow you to wallhack in multplayer (please don't do this in public games).

All options pertaining to debug output and metrics appear to function, but won't display without an additional variable turned on(if someone could investigate that, it would be appreciated.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
teq said:
(this is kind of concerning... I thought this was supposed to be a Wii exclusive?)
What are you talking about? They probably were just considering classic controller support and decided to block it cuz they knew the controls can stand on its own.

axe97

Trophies
Website
www.softmii.org
XP
Country
United States
dinofan01 said:
teq said:
(this is kind of concerning... I thought this was supposed to be a Wii exclusive?)
What are you talking about? They probably were just considering classic controller support and decided to block it cuz they knew the controls can stand on its own.

i think he meant the PSP part, not the classic controller

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
axe97 said:
dinofan01 said:
teq said:

i think he meant the PSP part, not the classic controller
Woops. I see the Sony now. Very weird.

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dinofan01 said:
teq said:

As those below you and above me have said, I was talking about the PSP options. I mean, there's a commented option that even mentions SONY.

If they do release it on PSP, I hope they link online play with the Wii... it would be great to host a server on the Wii and be able to join it remotely... not that I ever intend to give Sony a dime for a PSP.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oh man al this speculations.
The Engine is simply for more as one System even if there is a PSP Option it doesn´t mean that the game comes out for PSP

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've found that framerate can be very choppy in a full multiplayer game.

If you change

PARTICLES0 1024 // Number of particles
PARTICLES1 1024 // Number of particles

to

PARTICLES0 512 // Number of particles
PARTICLES1 512 // Number of particles

It becomes a lot smoother with no apparent effect on graphical quality. However, I haven't tried enabling the FPS counter, so take this with a grain of salt.

I'm investigating into the possibility of more variables and I'll post my findings.

blitzxp said:
i guess those references are for future use of THE QUANTUM3 ENGINE on psp ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum3#Quantum3_engine

check out Astro Boy: The Video Game

Thanks for pointing out the engine, I was just about to go looking for it.

nIxxoh man al this speculations.
The Engine is simply for more as one System even if there is a PSP Option it doesn´t mean that the game comes out for PSP

Don't you think it's at least odd that they would leave those in?

HisshouBuraiKen

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
teq said:
nIxx said:

Not really, if they're global engine options then it makes sense. They're just practicing good documentation.

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HisshouBuraiKen said:
teq said:
nIxx said:

Not really, if they're global engine options then it makes sense. They're just practicing good documentation.

There have to be more global options than that.

It was most likely an accident.

On another note, the game runs fine in Dolphin.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I was having fun with this earlier (turning the game into it's E3 demo version and such). Sad part is that it changed my profile to say the mission that was loaded for that demo, so I deleted the save, and then I couldn't copy it back completely. I have used StartPatch to patch out the no copy flags, but I guess this doesn't apply to copying FROM SD?

Also, has anyone gotten the LOAD_TO_START_LEVEL option to work? I can get it to come on, but when I plug in numbers from the levels.txt also conveniently located on the disc, it just loads nothing (a non-existant level). It should be noted also that a lot of the debug stuff doesn't seem to work (like the FPS counter), unless perhaps something else must be done to activate the actual display. I haven't tried the debug cheats or debug fly.

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9th_Sage said:
I was having fun with this earlier (turning the game into it's E3 demo version and such). Sad part is that it changed my profile to say the mission that was loaded for that demo, so I deleted the save, and then I couldn't copy it back completely. I have used StartPatch to patch out the no copy flags, but I guess this doesn't apply to copying FROM SD?

Also, has anyone gotten the LOAD_TO_START_LEVEL option to work? I can get it to come on, but when I plug in numbers from the levels.txt also conveniently located on the disc, it just loads nothing (a non-existant level). It should be noted also that a lot of the debug stuff doesn't seem to work (like the FPS counter), unless perhaps something else must be done to activate the actual display. I haven't tried the debug cheats or debug fly.

DEBUG_TEXT must be on for FPS to work, I believe.

As far as LOAD_LEVEL is concerned, are you sure you're using the actual number and not the indicator?

See if CODE01_01
works and proceed from there.

Triumph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TRushInfo said:
i think he is talking about the PSP part, so do most of the people here

I work in the wireless field, have now since 802.11b was started up, I just wanted to pass along that most likely PSP is Power Save Polling Mode for the wireless.
PSP Mode, is where the radio shuts off after every successful transaction, then turns back on when it hears something that is beaconing for it from the Access Point.

I would bet that PSP is that instead of the Sony PSP, since PSP Mode for wireless IS on every wireless device, a la the Wireless24 in the Wii.

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Triumph said:
TRushInfo said:
i think he is talking about the PSP part, so do most of the people here

I work in the wireless field, have now since 802.11b was started up, I just wanted to pass along that most likely PSP is Power Save Polling Mode for the wireless.
PSP Mode, is where the radio shuts off after every successful transaction, then turns back on when it hears something that is beaconing for it from the Access Point.

I would bet that PSP is that instead of the Sony PSP, since PSP Mode for wireless IS on every wireless device, a la the Wireless24 in the Wii.

That would be true, if it didn't, in fact, mention Sony in the comment section.

Also, working in wireless, you should know that PSP Mode tends to not work with UDP, which is how FPSes usually transmit their data.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DTApple @ DTApple: Except that.