Hacking The great freeze problem!?!

ubernoob87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, this may be complicated, but here it goes...

I have a 4.3 U Wii with USB Loader GX, Wii Flow, CFG, etc.

I am having particular problems with a certain game: Pikmin 2 (both wii and gamecube)

The wii version's game code is: R92E01

The gamecube version's game code is: GPVE01

I have DM and DML 2.1.0, and do not wish to change that (currently, all my wii games are on a wbfs formatted flash drive and gamecube games on a FAT32 flash drive or Sony DVD-R - work, so I know DM or DML is not the problem).

Gamecube problem: When it loads (takes approximately a minute), I select “Start Game”. After that, the screen goes black, and the sound glitches.

Wii Problem: Loads much faster, but will not let me pass Day 2. After I emerge from the cave and return to the world map, it freezes and the wii remote starts vibrating uncontrollably. Not until I unplug the Wii can I get it to stop. Even when I unplug the Wii, it takes about 5 seconds for the remote to recognize the fact that the Wii is off.

Now I had Sony DVD-R – in my house, but are all used up now (I found out that I had a similar problem with Shadow the Hedgehog: the firstly level would not render, so I would be flying off the entrance ramp into nothingness.)

I decided to check to see if both titles were on the compatibility lists for usb loader and sd card loading, and the Wii version is supposed to crash at a different point than where mine crashes. Also, the gamecube version is supposed to work on the USB, which it does not.

Before anyone suggests anything about “Devolution”, or “SNEEK” or anything else, please keep in mind that I am an Ubernoob: you would need to explain how it works before I can really take your advice into consideration. After all, what fun would it be if I didn't know what was being suggested, and bricked my wii? :P

Any and all suggestions is greatly appreciated. (BTW: I know the Flash Drives are not the problem. On the one I tried the Pikmin games, there is a copy of Animal Crossing (GC) that works perfectly fine. Thus, it cannot be the flash drive, so don't try to suggest that! )

Finally, I must mention that I do know the difference between DM and DML, so please do not say anything about that either...

Thanks for all Help!

ubernoob87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if it appears rude, but the last time I was on here, I was arguing about a bricked wii that I was trying to save. So, I have no idea how this post stuff works :huh:.

Doux91

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
or the game is bad or the cIOS are outdate, i ended it this game not at all but at least to the first final and you must use the last version of DML that is 2.10 and for transfer the game you could use Dmtoolbox, after all you must check if the games are OK because you could have a CRC error when you were extracting, well i just guess...

ubernoob87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I wll try that now. I am not certain that is the problem tho... After all, all of my other games work.

could be bad rips of the games themselves.

Well I do know for a fact it cannot be that as I have received all of my games from the same site, so I am pretty sure that is not the reason.

or the game is bad or the cIOS are outdate, i ended it this game not at all but at least to the first final and you must use the last version of DML that is 2.10 and for transfer the game you could use Dmtoolbox, after all you must check if the games are OK because you could have a CRC error when you were extracting, well i just guess...

Well, I really did not have to "extract it" per-say, when downloaded, the wii version came as a .wbfs file, and the gamecube as an .iso file.

WAIT A SECOND! Could it be that my gamecube file should be .gcm and my wii an .iso instead? Would that really affect it??

I really do appreciate all the help!

This may seem random, but if you have or have not played kingdom hearts, just have a listen to this epic remix!

I dare anyone to listen to it, and not try to shed a tear.

Doux91

Trophies
XP
Country
Honduras
it doesnt matter you can play games Isos, wbfs, wdf, etc in your wii of GC check here
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/DIOS_MIOS_Lite_Compatibility_List
if you use DMLtoolbox that will convert to ISO even if you use DiscExit can do it Try to update your cIOS i use these
sin-tc3adtulo1.png

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I do know for a fact it cannot be that as I have received all of my games from the same site, so I am pretty sure that is not the reason.

Even if your Pikmin games come from the same website as all of your other working games, they could still be bad rips. However, I think it's more likely that you're using out of date loaders, cIOS files, and DM/DML files.

ubernoob87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I tried that but it does not work still.

it doesnt matter you can play games Isos, wbfs, wdf, etc in your wii of GC check here
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/DIOS_MIOS_Lite_Compatibility_List
if you use DMLtoolbox that will convert to ISO even if you use DiscExit can do it Try to update your cIOS i use these
sin-tc3adtulo1.png

Well that is the funny part... I see Pikmin 2 on that list for NTSC but it still does not work. Will DMLtoolbox somehow allow it to work? I have DML toolbox, but have never used it (never had a reason to do so).

I do appreciate the fact that everyone has provided good advice, but I guess I avoided the real question I am trying to ask.

If all of this fails, would it be recommended that I get some dvd-r's? I was trying to avoid spending money, but if I must, I will. However, I want to avoid missing all alternatives.

I feel like a twit now :P I realize that I did not tell ya'll that my wii was softmodded, not hardmodded. Thus, please do not provide information regarding hardmods and chips and stuff.

ubernoob87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you have outdated cios. I have Pikmin 2 and it works for me. Install these wads to your wii and try running the game

https://mega.co.nz/#!JVMy3CBT!Sz_JJK2xGpnMNGdlYylws0mhri5HUr-1LiFJeucqBm8

Believe it or not, the wii version works! Now, the strange part is when I have certain Ocarina codes on, the game still freezes at the world map. Also, the gamecube still does not work.

I got some sony dvd-rs and tried something. I tried to place the Pikmin 2 wii iso on a disc to see if it would work. All of my launchers did not recognize it, but the game works with usb, so there is nothing to worry about.

Do you think that if I place the Pikmin 2 gamecube version on a sony disc and try to launch it, will it work, or do I need to DMLToolbox?

Sh0ckwave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Certain ocarina codes don't work well together and will cause errors, don't use too many codes at the same time.

If you want to burn an iso I recommend using imgburn. Also burn the iso at a low speed, preferably at 3x.

If you use DMLToolbox, extract the game.Using an iso can make a game run slow.

ubernoob87

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, great news everyone,

Thanks to Sh0ckwave, I was able to get both games to work! However, there are significant differences in how I got them to work:

WII: It appears that the two Ocarina codes "Inf Health Olimar / Louie" was the reason the game froze (I tested this by turning off ALL other codes, and the game still froze. When I disabled Ocarina, the game worked fine).

Gamecube: I had to burn the ISO to a Disc using Imgburn at 4X speed. It now works at full speed, and does not crash. I have yet to try codes for it yet.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

However, I now have a new problem. Up until a week or two ago, I always used the Accio Hacks app to download and use my Ocarina codes. However, it has become finicky in the fact that it will not display any game codes. Rather, it would display:

"Gamecube NTSC: (S) No games could be found

It could be that you have disconnected. Also
check to see if geckocodes is still up (it should be!)

Reconnect? "

S in the quote represents the game letter to locate. Now, I have not had many problems with Accio Hacks up until a few weeks ago. Does anyone know what went wrong? (I try multiple times to reconnect, to no avail)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I had a Wii-U it sucked lol
    Even hacked it sucked lol
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    nah the Wii U wasn't bad
    +1
    the hardware is good
    The controller sucked
    it has good games, just not enough of them
    +2
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    the indie games on wii u were amazing though
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    and also some of nintendo's first party games
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    some of the best selling games on the switch are wii u ports (that are priced way too high
    like come on 60 for a game thats a decade old??)
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @ColdBlitz, i forgot breath of the wild released for the Wii u
    $60 for a game that's a decade old might be unheard of on PC but actually is not uncommon on consoles
    +1
    especially Nintendo because they only ever lower the price of games when they do a greatest hits/platinum hits/players choice re-release
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, and the HD collections released for 7th gen consoles too
    but they don't seem to have done any of those for the switch yet and maybe never will
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I think we all forgot breath of the wild released for the wii u tbh
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, tbh the HD collections are more justified since they include more than just 1 game per copy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ I read that non-binary people identify as a blend of male and female. The point is i think i'm a blend of those and thus non binary
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Non-binary people are those who don't identify themselves exclusively as male or female.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I don't identify as anything, unless I need to get on a plane then I show ID
    +3
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    👈 [homo, queer, fag, coksuqr, etc......]
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I meant that I read that they can also identify as what i mentioned
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I identify as Long Rod Johnson, cause a cat called me that once.
    +2
    [takes a 👀 in your pants] Liar :angry:
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, and thus that would make me non binary since i feel like a blend of both male and female
    +1
    @Xdqwerty only time will tell, what/whom you are. At 14 is a bit young to "Define" yourself. :)
    +3
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: @Xdqwerty only time will tell, what/whom you are. At 14 is a bit young to "Define" yourself. :) +3