• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 1,927
  • Replies 8
  • Likes 4
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Some might bring up how much I despised the Joy-Cons and well, that was my first and second impressions I had of it. I was wrong about them, they're actually pretty comfy and brilliant gaming controllers!

The Joy-Cons on my hands feel as though I'm not holding anything, they're just that good, and plus, if I want to have one hand behind my head and play the game - I can! It's true that the Joy-Con doesn't have a real d-pad and as we all know, Nintendo made that due to making it usable for two-players.

From now on I think I'll be using the Joy-Cons moreso than the Pro Controller, for what it's worth, the Pro Controller is a damn good traditional controller but for "Relax Mode" I'll always go with the Joy-Cons. So, there's very little reason to get the Pro Controller, for exception of 2D platformers and 2D fighting games.

I don't regret buying the Pro Controller but it's definitely not essential or a 'must' like I said before, the Joy-Cons are more than sufficient. However, as a second (full) controller, then the Pro Controller is an excellent choice (the WiiU Pro Controller may become compatible with the Switch but nothing official so far).

It's a shame Nintendo didn't advertise the Joy-Cons as "Feel as if you're playing with your mind!" because this would have been great too for many to know.

P.S. Yes, they're very small but they also very comfortable. :P

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah for me it was just a matter of overcoming a little muscle memory with my thumb and the right stick. I'm at the point where I'd say that neither the joy cons nor the pro controller are "better" than the other, only different from each other. My biggest concern was that there'd be too little space between the sticks and the buttons/directional buttons, but even when the sticks are pressed fully in that direction you've got a good 1.5" of clearance.

Plenty of varying complaints about the joy cons everywhere you go on the internet, but I love these little guys and I can't wait for someone to make them fully compatible with PC.

As a final note: anybody comfortable with 3DS XL should be pleased with the joy cons, as they're slightly taller than the grip on it with slightly smaller buttons and better sticks/triggers, but otherwise essentially identical to the "controller portions." If that makes any sense.

Last edited by Xzi,

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yea, you can just stand there in front of the TV, with your hands in the pockets. If your parents forbid you to play games, just say you are watching a movie.

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Some might bring up how much I despised the Joy-Cons and well, that was my first and second impressions I had of it. I was wrong about them, they're actually pretty comfy and brilliant gaming controllers!

The Joy-Cons on my hands feel as though I'm not holding anything, they're just that good, and plus, if I want to have one hand behind my head and play the game - I can! It's true that the Joy-Con doesn't have a real d-pad and as we all know, Nintendo made that due to making it usable for two-players.

From now on I think I'll be using the Joy-Cons moreso than the Pro Controller, for what it's worth, the Pro Controller is a damn good traditional controller but for "Relax Mode" I'll always go with the Joy-Cons. So, there's very little reason to get the Pro Controller, for exception of 2D platformers and 2D fighting games.

I don't regret buying the Pro Controller but it's definitely not essential or a 'must' like I said before, the Joy-Cons are more than sufficient. However, as a second (full) controller, then the Pro Controller is an excellent choice (the WiiU Pro Controller may become compatible with the Switch but nothing official so far).

It's a shame Nintendo didn't advertise the Joy-Cons as "Feel as if you're playing with your mind!" because this would have been great too for many to know.

P.S. Yes, they're very small but they also very comfortable. :P

I have to agree. The first time I fired up the switch and started playing Zelda I was going to put the joycons on the cradle game pad thing but I'm glad I decided to just hold one in each hand. It was a "holy shit" moment when I realized that using them this way was extremely comfortable and enjoyable. I had to go buy a pro controller because of the left joycon issue, but since I resynced the joycons the issue has gone away and I am once again enjoying playing with a joycon in each hand. It's the next best thing to hands free gaming. The pro controller is great I have no complaints and I loved using it but I hate having to hold a controller in the same spot in front of me ( pro controller style ) and I sure don't miss the hand cramps after a day worth of gaming. They should market the joycons to people with disabilities that can't hold a normal controller.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

slingblade1170

Trophies
Website
xtremehack.net
XP
Country
United States
Day one I hated the joy cons but after getting use to how small they are I love them. Technically u don't even have to lift ur arms from the seat ur sitting in. They also have a killer battery, I've played Zelda hours every night with the joy cons attached to the controller dock and they still have even lost 1 bar.

kamekaz3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can anyone comment on hd rumble vs wii u/wii/gamecube iterations of rumble?

It's loud from the strenth of the rumble and all the jiggling of the plastic. IMO I'm unimpressed with it. Sure it might be a little better but it feels more like a gimmick to charge you a lot more extra for the joycons.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was a bit afraid that the Joy-Cons would be too small, as some Dutch reviews mentioned. However, not only did I not want to spend another 60 euro's to a controller, they were sold out as well on launch.
But: when I started playing with the Joy-Cons in the grip, all that fear immediately disappeared. It's really comfortable actually!

However, when using the controllers in portable mode (so attached to the switch), or when using in (I guess what OP calls) relax mode (so as 2 loose controllers, one in each hand), I kinda lose the ability to find the right analog stick, and for some reason I can't press the top button on my left hand, always pressing the right one.

KamazasBl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I love them since day one. It was my plan to play zelda while laying comfortably under sheets, or on a side, or laying in any position i wasn't able to play in before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    the author has the final aproval
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Canada: America's Russia