Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
kobykaan said:
I Guess you was tying your shoelace at the time LOL!
I see what you did there
rofl2.gif

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Toni Plutonij said:
I'd kiss Densetsu3000 even on the ass, he's cool like that!!

Also, my ass is nice to be kissed......if you like Nintendo that is!!
smileipb2.png

..Backs away slowly .......... turns and runs like HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smile.gif

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Damn Densetsu3000, NICE work! Now we NEED iamanobody! I want this baby region-unlocked and on my M3! Sure, M3 may be a little pissed from this hacking, but they don't have any room to talk about stealing work, right?

Beige

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Styles420 said:
I have a bit of a clue, but I'm no expert... just a trial-and-error programmer with a fair amount of persistance. I'm not giving up anytime soon, but I don't want to get anyone's hopes too high just yet.

I have been comparing the 6gdsloader.* files from the asian and japanese versions of sakura, as well as their equivalents in touchpod - hopefully a pattern will emerge that will enable me to use parts from the current English touchpod to modify the current sakura files, to create an English sakura loader... Believe me, you guys here at GBATemp will be the first to know if I figure anything out.

Hopefully I will get more done tonight - I kinda passed out on the keyboard last night due to a long night at work. But now I found a hex editor that does hex comparisons, which are much better to work with for this type of thing than windiff - thanks goes to SeaofTea for that tip

Don't overwork yourself, the good users here have a high level of patience (as if that wasn't already obvious.) From what I remember, there was some bit about making it region free. Of course, this may only be achieved by doing a dump of the M3 DS Real, which is not something easily accomplished by one. Send me a message if you really want it, because I'll shoot one your way if push comes to shove. Reverse engineering is the best thing when needed.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Just so everything is in a single organized post, and to help out any newcomers wanting to try their hand at unlocking the firmware...

M3 Sakura 1.34 Clean SYSTEM Files - Here

M3 Sakura 1.34 Executed SYSTEM Files taken straight from my Japanese flashcart (Sakura as default) - Here
For these files, I took a clean SYSTEM folder, ran it on my card and set Sakura as the default system. I didn't do anything else on it besides boot it once.

M3 Sakura 1.34 Executed SYSTEM Files taken straight from my Japanese flashcart (TouchPod as default) - Here
I took another clean SYSTEM folder, booted it and set TouchPod as the default system this time. Again, I only booted it, then shut it down. These files are the result.

QUOTE said:
Files that changed after booting:
\SYSTEM\g6dsload.1
\SYSTEM\RealTime.dat
\SYSTEM\setting.dat
\SYSTEM\Sysbuff.swp
\SYSTEM\m3sakura\bgbmp.dat
\SYSTEM\m3sakura\launch.dat
\SYSTEM\m3sakura\m3sakura.dat
\SYSTEM\m3sakura\saveback.dat

Files that were created after booting:
\SYSTEM\boot.ini
\SYSTEM\g6ds.ini
\SYSTEM\gba_info.ini
\SYSTEM\GBAINFO.ini
\SYSTEM\minibuff.swp
M3 DS Real Hardware Dump - We don't post things like that on the forums! Understand?

Beige

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Juanmatron said:
I can´t run the new Sakura Firmware and I have a English Flashcard of M3DSREAL.Help me
frown.gif

It's not ready yet. Japan and Asian firmwares will not run on an English Real.

Densetsu3000:
Yeah, I realize that will be an issue, but sometimes we have to fight back at the Pirates with their own weapon.
tongue.gif

Styles420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Densetsu3000 said:
M3 DS Real Hardware Dump - We don't post things like that around here! Understand?

Good point, didn't even think about that...

I just tried something on a whim based on a post from SeaofTea - I XORed the entire jp g6dsloader file by hex 15 (21 in decimal), and suddenly it's almost identical to the asian version... go figure... I'm going to try selectively reversing the XOR on the parts that don't match, and a few other ideas that just came to mind, as soon as I get done clearing the drive of a massive pile of snow... (I'm ready for spring already)

leslieliang

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I just stumbled upon this thread today and it is really interesting to me, but I can't read 36 pages in a day, so can someone explain to me what is currently happening? Something about 1.34 or something? I know that v1.34 of the M3 Sakura firmware just got released like 2 days ago, but was v1.11 the last official firmware?

liipod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Actually ,we've got a 100% translated Sakura 1.34 by THE GREAT Densetsu3000.

You can have a nice full "Video Demonstration & Pictures of Translated Sakura" in the first post.

But it's region-locked by "M3 TEAM" ,and now some of us are trying to HEX-EDIT the g6dsload.jp to make

it boot with EU/US M3's.

EDIT:
No more news from SeaofTea & Densetsu3000,I think they're preparing a surprise.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
liipod said:
No more news from SeaofTea & Densetsu3000,I think they're preparing a surprise.
Sorry, but we can't get our hopes up yet. But I can assure you that some people are working hard to hack this, and they're all collaborating and working together instead of independently. We can only wait for news.

metron

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im just glad to see that old skins still work with it. When I heard it did everything in its own GUI I was excited yet wondering if skins would have to be updated. And Great job at translating. Its way worth the wait for this!

mc_B3oWoLF

Trophies
Website
mc-b3owolf.narod.ru
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I've sent an email to m3Team
Code:
Hello, M3 Team!

I'd like to ask several questions:

1. Are you going to add Russian language to the Fws?
2. If you ARE going to do that, and you don't have the translations -
you can send me the texts in English & I could translate them easily
3. Are you going to release finally the European/US regional - Sakura
system?))) (Both Asia & Japan already have the opportunity to use new
updated Sakura, we don't. That's a pity!)

Hope to hear from you soon!)
Thanks in advance,
mc_B3o™
And that's what was the answer:
QUOTE said:
Hi ,

We are busy to make the firmware of USA/Europe Sakura version .
So we will consider to make other language version later .

Kindly Regards
Danny

wilsonramal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
::We are busy to make the firmware of USA/Europe Sakura version ::
wacko.gif

Busy?? I think they wasted more time adding the region lock to m3 sakura asian/japanese firmware....
dry.gif

LD560

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys I just went over to the M3 website just on a wing (in other words) theres nothing to do at 7:15am in the morning...lol

Anywho I knowticed this :M3 with Micro SD for the side EU/US version???

I thought the latest cards had the SD card slot on top for EU/US???

But more importantly than that they talk about a new version of Sakura built into them.

Now is my news old news? Or somet that just hasnt been put in this thread...lol

Anywayz just thought I'd bring it to your attetion guys....so u can correct my n00biness...XD

LD560

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have just received two from Dealextreme, they seem to be slightly thinner as well (no more scratches on the M3 when taking it in and out) back to using the crappy black micro sd holders tho.

LD560

Trophies
XP
Country
So perhaps they are making some changes to them.

But as I said they are saying on there site that they are changing where the Micro SD card is being stored from the top to the side.

But what still makes me wonder is this thing about them mentioning a new version of Sakura?

Regardless anyway I just e-mailed M3, less someone beats them to it and clears up this confusion..XD

LD560

PS off topic Kittymat still want to know how to change your flag?? just go to my controls and you'll see the option on the left hand side
wink.gif

EdIT: wow Densetsu you post quick...lol

You're right I didnt knowtice the date on it, but still does that mean M3 are changing ther cards then? And if so what bout Sakura?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack