Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
justinefremlouw said:
binya said:
i have the ram expansion in slot-2
This is obviously your problem. You need the GBA expansion card in slot-2, not the RAM expansion card. BTW, M3 Real has pretty much gone rock bottom...kind of a waste to buy a fallen product

Why do you say it's gone rock bottom?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
justinefremlouw said:
binya said:
i have the ram expansion in slot-2
This is obviously your problem. You need the GBA expansion card in slot-2, not the RAM expansion card. BTW, M3 Real has pretty much gone rock bottom...kind of a waste to buy a fallen product
I think you are thinking about R4

Deleted member 177877

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I say it has gone rock bottom because it used to be the best flashcard around, and now, not only did it take them forever to release a firmware, it doesn't fix what it claim it has. If that's not going rock bottom, then I dunno what is.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
justinefremlouw said:
I say it has gone rock bottom because it used to be the best flashcard around, and now, not only did it take them forever to release a firmware, it doesn't fix what it claim it has. If that's not going rock bottom, then I dunno what is.
TBH, I agree.
The flashcard is getting less and less popular.

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Prowler485 said:
justinefremlouw said:
TBH, I agree.
The flashcard is getting less and less popular.
+1 support is falling
frown.gif

Atleast I got mah Ak2i for backup lol

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
justinefremlouw said:
I was going to disagree, but then I got my Supercard onei and would sadly have to agree with you, M3 is slowly turning into the R4.
Not to say it wasn't and isn't a good card, but the firmwares have become dated and bloated, just look at Touchpod, it's slow and ugly.
Most of their updates now are bugged and contently need to be repaired and half the time it's not them who does it, but what makes the updates worse is they don't fix anything or they only half ass it and the update kinda gets the job done. Looking at Sakura, since the Sakura updates wrap around the Touchpod updates it has all the same compatibly issues and really sakura isn't that great either, compared to most firmwares out there it doesn't even come close to the amount of features and flexibility they have. Now this is coming from someone who has owned an M3 Real for at least 2 years give or take, I got it near the end of 10th grade and I am almost out of 12th. And now I am seeing all the bugs, but this only comparing it to a newer card.

Jaylen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Pink Cat Boy
what features does the supercard onei have that M3 Real/Zero doesnt, i mean i was thinking about maybe getting another flash card soon, dont get me wrong i have seen videos,
but well they are sort of hard to watch when its some 12 year old kid trying to sound pseudo-intelligent, while trying to keep his glasses straight, and also keeping the camera on pivot while lastly fiddling the DS
and its not the same as owning the product as updates come and address shortcomings present at the time of the video shoot.
end statement/question

but i would have to disagree with updates not being able to match up, sure they may not be first but they do get the job done.
i also do think that expectations are somewhat unrealistic, the specs for the DS arent all that great and i think that for what they are working with they did a great job
sure as heck beats the m3 lite days, by far.

i mean the m3 only plays music, movies, ebooks and offers for you to read strategy guides, while you real time save
all features that if you were just playing regular games, would not be able to do.

as far as boot engine 2.1, kaura, yeah they are taking a long time for that, but the concept looks pretty sweet, i just recently stopped using the beta in favor of not having compatibility issues with newer games.
and R4 status...wow, that is bleak, but people still use R4 religiously and it is the name that they most commonly refer when the topic is flash cards, people are like its an R4 thingy

even though officially their firmware doesnt go beyond 1.18, people try to play newer games and patiently wait for cracks, patches and hex fixes

all in all, what more can they do with the ds, even others that do do something else, only slighlty improve on what already is...

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Jaylen said:
@Pink Cat Boy
what features does the supercard onei have that M3 Real/Zero doesnt, i mean i was thinking about maybe getting another flash card soon, dont get me wrong i have seen videos,
but well they are sort of hard to watch when its some 12 year old kid trying to sound pseudo-intelligent, while trying to keep his glasses straight, and also keeping the camera on pivot while lastly fiddling the DS
and its not the same as owning the product as updates come and address shortcomings present at the time of the video shoot.
end statement/question
Alright most of the features included in the Supercard onei are features I personally enjoy such as being able to use homebrew firmwares such as YSmenu. Not many would agree that is a good reason to call it better, but in all honesty I do enjoy YSmenu for the same reason I enjoyed R4i RTS firmware, which isn't something I feel like explaining. But to go on, Supercard has save size choices, patched play, SD speed options, homebrew firmware support, and a few other features I don't really feel like listing

but i would have to disagree with updates not being able to match up, sure they may not be first but they do get the job done.
i also do think that expectations are somewhat unrealistic, the specs for the DS arent all that great and i think that for what they are working with they did a great job
sure as heck beats the m3 lite days, by far.
I manage 2 to 3 M3 firmwares (Quad-Boot 1-2 as well Temp Sakura) every update and test them out every time, they work for the most part, but the M3 team always seems to mess something up in the process of making a game work, like the latest Touchpod update had a skin problem and the Touchpod updates are increasingly slowing down. The reason they are slowing down is because they are becoming bloated, M3 should really work on Touchpod more and try and make it smoother. So it's not the DS limitation as much a firmware limitation.
As for the M3 Lite comment, I got an M3 Lite after my M3 Real, I skipped over the Slot-2 cards.

i mean the m3 only plays music, movies, ebooks and offers for you to read strategy guides, while you real time save
all features that if you were just playing regular games, would not be able to do. Most cards do that, excluding a few like iTouch, so it's nothing really different there.

as far as boot engine 2.1, kaura, yeah they are taking a long time for that, but the concept looks pretty sweet, i just recently stopped using the beta in favor of not having compatibility issues with newer games.
and R4 status...wow, that is bleak, but people still use R4 religiously and it is the name that they most commonly refer when the topic is flash cards, people are like its an R4 thingy
Don't get me wrong on kaura, there, I know it's in beta, I couldn't bash it, that would be like beating up a little kid, sure you can, but that would make you some a real asshole. And sorry R4 users, but the card is dead, please upgrade to R4i RTS, it has all the same features (well it doesn't work with YSmenu sadly) and uses the same skins. As well has an active team. I really don't get why people have to cling to a dead card.

even though officially their firmware doesnt go beyond 1.18, people try to play newer games and patiently wait for cracks, patches and hex fixes And then troll the forums with the same question "Is there an R4 patch yet?" That is annoying.

all in all, what more can they do with the ds, even others that do do something else, only slighlty improve on what already is...
My complaints hold the M3 Team at one point were one of the best on their updates where as now they leave their users hanging and often only finish some of the update. Admittedly it seems their ninja update has fixed the previous problems, but still M3 hasn't been stepping up like they used to and that's just sad.

Deleted member 177877

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from my standpoint, Acekard is currently at the top, with AKAIO firmware...It seems letting unofficial firmware do the job is better than letting the actual company handle it XD ofc, we don't know when support will die for it, I didn't expect M3 Real to have gone so bad within the short time since I bought it.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Right now the M3 is atleast #2 if not #3.

People say it hit rock bottom because they released one slow/bad firmware?

You guys sound really spoiled right now. When the R4 hit rock bottom they got NO updates and only had one other firmware to rely on. The M3 on the other had has 5 different firmwares it can run (all of which the M3 has to maintain).

I'd say give the M3 team a little more time before saying it's hit rock bottom. It's definetly not as good as it has been, but there's multiple factors that play into maintaining a flashcart.

For all you guys know they could be working on a new flashcart with a built in processor.

Deleted member 177877

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think about it, the main purpose in flashcards are 100% rate, so firmware updates that are not only fast, but also flawless makes up pretty much the entire brand. After all, without the firmwares, what's the difference between R4 and an M3, or any other flashcart on the market for that matter. Don't we rate flashcards on how good the firmware looks and more importantly, the functionality of it? How can M3 still be #2 or 3?

R4 is not rock bottom, when a flashcard no longer gets updates, it is effectively dead. There is a difference between dead and rock bottom...Isn't having multiple different firmwares one of the major flaws of M3, especially when all of them are just as useless as the other? What's the point of multiple firmware of none of them can play games properly? Isn't the fact that M3 has to deal with multiple firmwares makes them release updates slower?

Let's not forget this fact: Current M3/Sakura firmware still hasn't fixed HGSS or SMT freeze problems...In fact, they don't even acknowledge the latter problem.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
justinefremlouw said:
Think about it, the main purpose in flashcards are 100% rate, so firmware updates that are not only fast, but also flawless makes up pretty much the entire brand. After all, without the firmwares, what's the difference between R4 and an M3, or any other flashcart on the market for that matter. Don't we rate flashcards on how good the firmware looks and more importantly, the functionality of it? How can M3 still be #2 or 3?
There's other factors such as build, support, ease of use, etc.
Check the favorite flashcarts of 2009 thread, it's #3 behind the Acekard and CycloDS.

R4 is not rock bottom, when a flashcard no longer gets updates, it is effectively dead. There is a difference between dead and rock bottom...Isn't having multiple different firmwares one of the major flaws of M3, especially when all of them are just as useless as the other? What's the point of multiple firmware of none of them can play games properly? Isn't the fact that M3 has to deal with multiple firmwares makes them release updates slower?
Yes one of their biggest flaws at this point is that they have to keep up multiple firmwares, but you should also factor in that they actually do maintain these firmwares. Teams like Acekard don't update at all at this point (yah, I know they are likely to pick up if AKAIO stops but AKAIO is no excuse to stop completely). You also seem to mixing up rock bottom with becoming less desirable. Rock bottom means it can't get any worse (which can also mean dead). The M3 can certainly get worse and isn't anywhere near as bad as you're making it out to be.

Let's not forget this fact: Current M3/Sakura firmware still hasn't fixed HGSS or SMT freeze problems...In fact, they don't even acknowledge the latter problem.
Sakura got a new update almost right after the touchpod update to fix the HGSS fixes. Everyone bitches so much about freezing every 3 hours, I say to shove it. Not only does it vary from person to person, it doesn't happen at all for some people. I have yet to have 1 freeze in HGSS (and yes I know it's continuous play that causes the freeze).

You seem to have this faded view of how others teams work. Not all teams are like AKAIO and update 24/7 and within hours of problems. The M3 Team's recent slow update was probably the slowest time it's ever taken to update for a new game.

Plus, like I've said before, with the SCDS2 coming out they're going to have big competition. They haven't had a new cart with fresh new features in a while. Who knows? Maybe they're making their own iPlayer based flashcart.

Deleted member 177877

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welcome to 2010. BTW, I said the MAIN use purpose of flashcards...I realize there are other factors, but let's face it, no matter how good it looks, if it doesn't work, it doesn't work...

Releasing firmware almost a week after other competitor's release theirs is bad enough...yes, technically, it CAN get worse, but any worse than that, it might as well be dead. What's the point of maintaining multiple firmware if it clouds the true purpose of these flashcards? I stated my opinion regarding Acekard precisely because I think official firmwares, whether it be M3 or Acekard, are equally bad. I did say that "It seems letting unofficial firmware do the job is better than letting the actual company handle it" ya know?

Well, unfortunately, you're not the only M3 user, so even if you don't get problems doesn't mean that others that do can "shove it". And yes, they released firmware update for HGSS (twice), and neither of them has fixed the problem. As of right now, the current problem still gives most people trouble in HGSS and SMT.

That's kinda like my point? When you sell the same product on the same price level (or even pricier) than your competitors, you expect the product to work just as good, or even better. The fact that M3 can't keep up like other teams mean it's falling behind. And BTW, I'm saying it's fallen not only because this recent one slow update, but the fact that even with the much delayed update, the firmware doesn't fix the problem, when other cards that have released firmware much earlier, WORK.

...And your point? a new flashcard is just about the worst solution to their problems. It's like, "hey, our old flashcard doesn't hold up against competitors, so let's make a new one and screw over all our customers"

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
justinefremlouw said:
Welcome to 2010. BTW, I said the MAIN use purpose of flashcards...I realize there are other factors, but let's face it, no matter how good it looks, if it doesn't work, it doesn't work...
That joke isn't funny. And uh no, if the only thing people cared about on a flashcart was the compatibility then reviews would be based completely on the compatibility tests. People don't only buy flashcarts for the flashcarts or the compatibility. Look at the DSTwo and iPlayer.

Releasing firmware almost a week after other competitor's release theirs is bad enough...yes, technically, it CAN get worse, but any worse than that, it might as well be dead. What's the point of maintaining multiple firmware if it clouds the true purpose of these flashcards? I stated my opinion regarding Acekard precisely because I think official firmwares, whether it be M3 or Acekard, are equally bad. I did say that "It seems letting unofficial firmware do the job is better than letting the actual company handle it" ya know?
Uh no, you seem to be over exaggerating on having to wait a god damn week for an update. If they were to drop support for even 1 flashcart you better bet there'd be 10x more pissed off people than there would be agitated people.

Well, unfortunately, you're not the only M3 user, so even if you don't get problems doesn't mean that others that do can "shove it". And yes, they released firmware update for HGSS (twice), and neither of them has fixed the problem. As of right now, the current problem still gives most people trouble in HGSS and SMT.
No, they didn't release a update for HGSS update twice. They released an original update that fixed HGSS and SMT (SMT is fixed besides the opening cutscene, just skip it). Then they updated it when they realized that they had forgotten to fix the WarioWare not saving bug. And I'm not the only M3 user that don't have a problem with HGSS, there's many others.

That's kinda like my point? When you sell the same product on the same price level (or even pricier) than your competitors, you expect the product to work just as good, or even better. The fact that M3 can't keep up like other teams mean it's falling behind. And BTW, I'm saying it's fallen not only because this recent one slow update, but the fact that even with the much delayed update, the firmware doesn't fix the problem, when other cards that have released firmware much earlier, WORK.
Actually, no. The M3 is fairly cheap, the Acekard just happens to be extremely cheap. And like I've said it fixes the problem for many people like me. Keep in mind that not everone has the same flashcart or microsd when using this update.

...And your point? a new flashcard is just about the worst solution to their problems. It's like, "hey, our old flashcard doesn't hold up against competitors, so let's make a new one and screw over all our customers"
There's people who still use the R4 and still completely support it, and you're asking people to leave a flashcart just because of one slow update? You're incredibly spoiled and impatient.

Many people have called me biased for only owning the M3, and they say I'm an M3 fanboy and I love the M3. I don't. I have suggested the acekard2i to many people instead of the M3i Zero. The M3i Zero is a good cart, and it has it's perks over others carts it's just not the best cart.

Me only having the M3i Zero has allowed be much more tolerant to slow updates or small bugs. Most people freak the fuck out whenever 1 game doesn't work, I say "Do you have any idea how hard it is to make a fix for a game, or even maintain a flashcart? Yah it's not rainbows and butterflies."

If you really think the M3 is dead then throw yours away and get an acekard already and please stop complaining, some of us still enjoy our current flashcarts.

Deleted member 177877

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's great that you have so much patience, but you're obviously missing the point. The point is not that "we should be patient even though we paid more than the acekard guy", but simply that "multiple products competing on the same market should strive to be on top, and releasing an update a long time behind everyone else is not an example of that"

If you notice, the first time I mentioned that M3 is going rock bottom is when I advised someone else to get another card, because like you said, "it's just not the best cart." Then, you demanded an explanation of me, and that's what I've been doing this entire time. Forming a set of explanations of why it has gone rock bottom. Notice that I never just blatantly complained for no reason, you were the one asking me to explain, I simply did.

Also notice that NO ONE here asked you or any other M3 supporters to stop supporting them. Everyone who posted after me, including myself, simply stated their opinions on the cart. No one asked anyone else to stop using them. What was said, and remain to be said, is true, and just because it may not fall in the favor of the M3 team should mean that it can't be said.

Finally, I'll state this since it seems you think I'm some kind of M3 flamer. I am not simply criticizing M3, I'm criticizing pretty much every official firmware makers. I recommended Acekard simply because it has worked well with an unofficial firmware, and I think that doing so is a much better approach than letting the flashcart companies handle them. Because like you said yourself, even Acekard's official firmware is outdated. Hence my point when I said, "It seems letting unofficial firmware do the job is better than letting the actual company handle it".

dohclude

Trophies
Website
www.MODaWii.com
XP
Country
United States
I have been a long time g6/m3 user. I had a g6 lite first, then a m3 simply, and then a m3 real. I've used my m3 real for a very long time. Since it was released basically, and I've always sworn by m3 products. Until recently. Now I'm not trying to knock M3 at all, they have served me well for years, but the fact of the matter is that they have stopped "serving me well" and that is why I ordered an acekard2i a few days ago. Now when (or if) they ever release a single update that actually works as it should then I may go back, but for now I will put the m3 in a drawer somewhere and move on to a cart that works.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
justinefremlouw said:
That's great that you have so much patience, but you're obviously missing the point. The point is not that "we should be patient even though we paid more than the acekard guy", but simply that "multiple products competing on the same market should strive to be on top, and releasing an update a long time behind everyone else is not an example of that"
I'd say the point isn't that we have to be patient and we paid more than the acekard, I'd say it's we have to be patient and we payed for a cheap cart but it just so happens that there's another cart out there with less features and it's even cheaper. I use my RTS, Slow-mo, and RTG quite a bit.

If you notice, the first time I mentioned that M3 is going rock bottom is when I advised someone else to get another card, because like you said, "it's just not the best cart." Then, you demanded an explanation of me, and that's what I've been doing this entire time. Forming a set of explanations of why it has gone rock bottom. Notice that I never just blatantly complained for no reason, you were the one asking me to explain, I simply did.
I never said you were complaining out of the blue, and I'm not trying to scare you away. A good debate/argument never hurt anyone.

Also notice that NO ONE here asked you or any other M3 supporters to stop supporting them. Everyone who posted after me, including myself, simply stated their opinions on the cart. No one asked anyone else to stop using them. What was said, and remain to be said, is true, and just because it may not fall in the favor of the M3 team should mean that it can't be said.
Yes but you might as well be saying that. If you come in here criticizing any sort of product you better bet there's going to be atleast a dozen people go "Oh the M3 must be the worst flashcart there is". I'm not saying you can't state your opinion, but if you come off too aggressive on anything people will assume a lot of stuff. Like if you check the acekard forums you'll see quite a bit of "omg mah acekurd is not wurkin" topics, most people would assume that the acekard is either hard to get working or it sucks.

Finally, I'll state this since it seems you think I'm some kind of M3 flamer. I am not simply criticizing M3, I'm criticizing pretty much every official firmware makers. I recommended Acekard simply because it has worked well with an unofficial firmware, and I think that doing so is a much better approach than letting the flashcart companies handle them. Because like you said yourself, even Acekard's official firmware is outdated. Hence my point when I said, "It seems letting unofficial firmware do the job is better than letting the actual company handle it".
That's fine, it's just you made it almost painfully obvious that you hated the M3's guts.

QUOTE(dohclude @ Apr 9 2010, 01:48 PM) I have been a long time g6/m3 user. I had a g6 lite first, then a m3 simply, and then a m3 real. I've used my m3 real for a very long time. Since it was released basically, and I've always sworn by m3 products. Until recently. Now I'm not trying to knock M3 at all, they have served me well for years, but the fact of the matter is that they have stopped "serving me well" and that is why I ordered an acekard2i a few days ago. Now when (or if) they ever release a single update that actually works as it should then I may go back, but for now I will put the m3 in a drawer somewhere and move on to a cart that works.

So you left your M3 for one lousy update? You know not all of AKAIO's updates are ginger and dandelions :\

As a side note, if you want to continue this let's continue it somewhere else. I don't know if Densetsu would appreciate this if it went on much longer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious