Hacking The old update debate

TheInsaneDarkOne

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks a lot for all the replies and discussion here, really helped me a lot and seems I´ve made my mind with all the details

I will wait up a little bit cause, again, there is no need for me to do things right now, I get some emulators running on my Wii and WiiU already and, it would be a simple luxury to have them on a portable device, so, it´s something I can wait a little bit more to see how the scene will develop

Also, about the Gamecube controller thing, seems I can update to 4.0.1 if needed with an original game (I have a friend with Bayonetta 2 for example) or, if I hack things in the future, seems also there is a program now that you can update things up with homebrew, so all things good too

And for Smash, when it releases, if I get resources for a new Switch just for it and its online features, great, if not, then this current one will be updated and everything accordingly, it just gives more time for the scene to develop (like a new boot method as mentioned and such) and, for the current games, yeah, nothing too big that I´m missing at the moment

But yeah, needed all this info and discussion to be more aware of how things are with the Switch scene, so, again, thanks for all that contributed, hope this thread was useful for others just as well! :)

ravensfan8448

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just update without burning fuses using this tool. Fuses are the only thing that prevent us from downgrading but we now have a way to update without burning them. The only stipulation for updating without burning fuses is that you use AutoRCM as it will prevent you from accidentally burning the fuses.

Wow, I have had a 1.0 switch sitting on my desk loaded with xecuter os for almost 3 months now. I was waiting for atmosphere/emuNAND so that I could maintain my 1.0 switch and still play newer games/updates off of my sd card. This sounds like it would be just as good for me though. I can update using this method and downgrade at any time? If so there is no real reason for me to wait for some form of emuNAND is there?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I have had a 1.0 switch sitting on my desk loaded with xecuter os for almost 3 months now. I was waiting for atmosphere/emuNAND so that I could maintain my 1.0 switch and still play newer games/updates off of my sd card. This sounds like it would be just as good for me though. I can update using this method and downgrade at any time? If so there is no real reason for me to wait for some form of emuNAND is there?
EmuNAND would introduce the same AutoRCM conundrum as it can also burn fuses. The only difference EmuNAND would make compared to what we can do using ChoiDujourNX is the ease of dual booting firmwares without downgrading.

Reactions: ravensfan8448

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're okay with installing and using AutoRCM, there's no reason not to update to 5.1.0 using ChoiDujourNX. Doing this will allow you to downgrade back to 1.0.0 at any time, yes.

EmuNAND would introduce the same AutoRCM conundrum as it can also burn fuses. The only difference EmuNAND would make compared to what we can do using ChoiDujourNX is the ease of dual booting firmwares without downgrading.
The use of an emuNAND won't require AutoRCM to be installed.

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: ravensfan8448

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: