Hacking WIP [Trinket] [Rebug] [Others] SWITCHBOOT_UF2 / FUSEE_UF2 modchip software

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Gawd you freaking legend, can I ask if this version btw have continued "flashing" (the led blinks for a dongle to keep sending the payload) or is it just for the internal modchips?

EDIT: I am blind, it's for modchips

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Gawd you freaking legend, can I ask if this version btw have continued "flashing" (the led blinks for a dongle to keep sending the payload) or is it just for the internal modchips?

EDIT: I am blind, it's for modchips
It's for both. Take a look at post 2 :)

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Dumb question but don't I need to make any folders or such for this version? Because Hekate doesn't boot of the UF2 now does it?

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dumb question but don't I need to make any folders or such for this version? Because Hekate doesn't boot of the UF2 now does it?
No such thing as a dumb question. Only dumb answers!

No... You don`t need to make any folders. Here we are... Some situations...
If "payload.bin" / "payload<yourpayloadnumber>.bin" isnt there and bootloader folder IS PRESENT - Will use existing bootloader folder

If "payload.bin" / "payload<yourpayloadnumber>.bin" isnt there and bootloader folder IS NOT PRESENT - Will create bootloader / sys / ini / payload folders as usual.

If "payload.bin" / "payload<yourpayloadnumber>.bin" IS there, no folders are used or made as your payload is already running completely bypassing Hekate menu / tools.

Hope this helps!

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Intresting, I think I have bricked my dongle by flashing a SWITCHBOOT file
Hmmm... Read me the numbers on the chip... If it says E18 or G18 then it <reputation on line> cant brick.

Worse that can happen is the LEDs will be wrong / buttons or whatever... Should still open to UF2 drive.

Let me know.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It does open the Drive but I can't get it to send payloads. I need to rebuild it with the sourcecode

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
OK... can I help?
Yeah, I don't get how
Trinket_Rebug_Joycon_Only.uf2 could reprogram the bootloader.

Because no other UF2 does that. So I'm very confused. Both my htm file and .txt file have changed name. And it seems that the bootloader isn't included in the sourcecode from Electronrancher.

mattytrog

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, I don't get how
Trinket_Rebug_Joycon_Only.uf2 could reprogram the bootloader.

Because no other UF2 does that. So I'm very confused. Both my htm file and .txt file have changed name. And it seems that the bootloader isn't included in the sourcecode from Electronrancher.
OK... Looks like we need to build you a new bootloader.

Yes, the joycon_only is a replacement UF2 bootloader that controls the straps.

To fix this, I`d need to know the pinouts of your board. A pic of both sides of it. I can build you one then. I think it is a SAMD21G18 without a crystal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh