Homebrew Official U-Paint v2.5 for Homebrew Launcher

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
Just tried it at 480i over composite (ew, wish I could find a component cable but there seems to be none in Australia) and the manual does seem to jump around a bit on the DRC when changing pages. The TV is fine. Same sort of thing at 576i.

(wonder if I could buy another compositecable and splice it into component?)

Reactions: brienj

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Just tried it at 480i over composite (ew, wish I could find a component cable but there seems to be none in Australia) and the manual does seem to jump around a bit on the DRC when changing pages. The TV is fine. Same sort of thing at 576i.

(wonder if I could buy another compositecable and splice it into component?)
I didn't even know people used less than HD TVs in 2016, so it's not programmed for it. :D

I've updated the OP to indicate that it is not guaranteed to work on anything other than HDMI output to a 720p or 1080p TV.

Sorry, but I have no way to test anything other than HD TVs, I don't have any non-HD TVs in my house.

Last edited by brienj,
Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
I didn't even know people used less than HD TVs in 2016, so it's not programmed for it. :D

I've updated the OP to indicate that it is not guaranteed to work on anything other than HDMI output to a 720p or 1080p TV.

Sorry, but I have no way to test anything other than HD TVs, I don't have any non-HD TVs in my house.

No worries.
I actually do have a HDTV but I also have a small projector that isn't HD. I still have the cabling from the Wii days.

Reactions: brienj
D

Deleted User

There is only two levels of zoom, in and out. When zoomed in, the DRC and TV resolution are matched, meaning that you can see 854x480 of the TV on the gamepad when the menu is closed. When zoomed out, you can see the whole TV on the DRC, but the resolution isn't as good when drawing, since what you draw is increased by 1 1/2 times to fit the TV screen. It's best to zoom out for stuff that doesn't require great accuracy, and then zoom in for finer detail.

1. I don't understand what you mean by this. If it's drawing in the wrong location, have you tried calibrating your touchpad in the system settings? I've never had anyone say the drawing was very far off, if at all.
2. Like the instructions say, toggle fill to be on if you don't want it to act like a brush, or increase the flow rate. And for the size, use the plus and minus buttons. Also make sure you use the brush setting and not the spray setting or else it splatters like spray paint. It's all in the instructions. I'm also not adding things like lines or circles, because it's a drawing app, not meant to make professional quality Photoshop images.
3. I don't know what might be causing this. I've never had it lock up.
4. What do you mean by smoother? It shows each page one at a time, there is no animation. It changes the page each time you press a button until you get through all four of them. Are you holding the stick or something when looking at it?
5. Again, what animation?
Sounds good! I just tried to re-write what some of my siblings inputs were. About the drawing in different locations, maybe I could make a video showing it. That video and the video of it freezing up. Could you possibly work on the GUI of it too? All suggestions, no worries :)! I'll write it clearer next time too

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@SirBeethoven The more I think about it, is your TV running through the HDMI to at least a 720p TV? I don't know if it would even work on anything less, nor would it draw very well anyway.
It's at 1080p right now

brienj

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Sounds good! I just tried to re-write what some of my siblings inputs were. About the drawing in different locations, maybe I could make a video showing it. That video and the video of it freezing up. Could you possibly work on the GUI of it too? All suggestions, no worries :)! I'll write it clearer next time too

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's at 1080p right now
Yeah, I'm baffled at why it's not drawing in the correct place, especially if you've calibrated your touchpad in the system settings. I'm really not going to be working on this for a long time, so the GUI is going to say the same in the OSScreen version. When I come back to it, it's going to be totally re-written to use GX2.

I would perhaps check to make sure none of your buttons are sticking on the gamepad, that's the only thing I can think that would make it act in this strange manner.

Last edited by brienj,
Reactions: Deleted User

vgmoose

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Zg77nHG.png

vgmoose

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
@vgmoose, nice picture. HAHA
Thank you :lol: I was getting sloppy towards the end.

Also, I noticed if I did
0. Start upaint
1. Make a stroke
2. Make a stroke
3. Undo (goes to #1)
4. Make a stroke
5. Undo (expected to go to #1, instead went to #2)
6. Undo (goes to #0)

The second undo would restore the stroke that I had previously undone.

brienj

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Thank you :lol: I was getting sloppy towards the end.

Also, I noticed if I did
0. Start upaint
1. Make a stroke
2. Make a stroke
3. Undo (goes to #1)
4. Make a stroke
5. Undo (expected to go to #1, instead went to #2)
6. Undo (goes to #0)

The second undo would restore the stroke that I had previously undone.
Yeah, the undo is kind of wonky near the beginning, but the more you draw and the more it gets filled up, the more accurate it becomes. I spent over a full day trying to fix the bugs, I wasn't going to spend any more, and the way it currently is, is the best I could get for now. It's not until I update it to GX2 graphics that it will have a much better undo functionality. You may have also used an old test build, because the final release is pretty good when doing undos.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    the author has the final aproval
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Canada: America's Russia