Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
So, how do you know the designer is the one that made the decision? Maybe it was the software engineer that decided to replace the FW version text, in useable memory!? For a designer, YOUR statement is a bit frustrating.
Do you really think that in big projects like the firmware for a console, for a company as huge as Nintendo, where user experience is key, the developer makes ANY decision about what to place where? Hell, in small media companies I've worked at I couldn't do this.

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where it says "System update ready", that is where the FW version is normally displayed.
My assumption is, this text string replaces the FW version text string, until the update has been performed.
If so, that is poor coding.
Do you really think that in big projects like the firmware for a console, for a company as huge as Nintendo, where user experience is key, the developer makes ANY decision about what to place where? Hell, in small media companies I've worked at I couldn't do this.

Yes, they do...and they most-definitely would have a Lead Software Engineer to advise other teams working on the project what is efficient and effective from the developer point-of-view. I'm not pushing blame to either team—I'm merely stating it was an oversight and/or poorly thought-out. And in my original post, my usage of "coding" was meant to be generalized—as in...it shouldn't have made it to RTM in this manner.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's at it's peak now, comic books past will tell you retro gamings future