Hacking Unusual WiiWare Behavior

masamunecyrus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm having some unusual behavior regarding a WiiWare wad. Specifically, with the US release Gradius ReBirth, the channel seems to install fine, but when I trying to start the game, it instead resets the Wii and brings me back to the main menu.

I've not run across this behavior before, so I thought I'd ask to see if anyone has any ideas. The Japanese release worked fine; could my wad file be broken? I'm running 3.2U with Starfall, as well.

TaxiTitan

Trophies
XP
Country
masamunecyrus said:
Hey, I'm having some unusual behavior regarding a WiiWare wad. Specifically, with the US release Gradius ReBirth, the channel seems to install fine, but when I trying to start the game, it instead resets the Wii and brings me back to the main menu.

I'm not run across this behavior before, so I thought I'd ask to see if anyone has any ideas. The Japanese release worked fine; could my wad file be broken? I'm running 3.2U with Starfall, as well.

Could be an update that you need from a newer IOS version.
Maybe IOS51, 53, or 55?
A friend had the same prob with Mega man 9, because he only had 1 cIOS installed to play DVD-r backups

lll

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Maybe you're missing the IOS that game requires. Do you know what IOS it uses?

The Wii resets when something bad happens but not bad enough that IOS craps its pants, so things like trying to load a IOS that isnt there, or something failing hashing/signing, or certain kinds of obscure game bugs, or failed region checks without starfall or the like. It also resets a lot under normal conditions...seriously, Nintendo really like resets.

Given that the WAD installed successfully it's not likely that the WAD itself is corrupted. The contents of the WAD could be borked I suppose but I've never heard of it happening. My guess is that you need to install one of the newer IOSes for this game but I've been wrong before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Trans Former, women and men who used to be the other sex! Autoerotic asphyxiation bdsm is fun at...