Hacking USB LOADER COVER IMAGES

AppleBelly

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz said:
AppleBelly said:
Djtax, following your post in the other thread, i have image download working on my modification of the usb loader, but would you be able to upload 120*168 versions of the box arts as well?
Yes that should be entirely possible if required - i could put them in a sub folder called small like you do ?

Actually hold off this for a minute, I am messing around with a way of resizing the bigger ones (will mean less bandwidth drain as well).

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wiigee said:

Done :
All Star Cheer Leader RCXP78 pal
are you smarter than a 5th grader R5GE78 ntsc
baja 1000 RJCE52 ntsc
Big Catch Bass Fishing RXPPGT pal
Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWII RBAP41 pal
boogie superstar RG6P69 pal
bratz girlzs really rock RRLE78 ntsc
brothers in arms earned in blood RB5E41 ntsc
Brothers in Arms Road to Hill 30 RI8E41 ntsc

Ill get working on these now:
build a bear workshop RR4PFK pal
Carnival Games Mini Golf RG9E54 ntsc
celebrity sports showdown REAP69 pal
disney sing it RUIX4Q pal
disney think fast RXDP4Q pal
harvest moon RHMP99 pal
hells kitchen RH2P41 pal
Job_Island RHKP18 pal
Kidz Sports basketball RKSPUG pal
Kidz Sports International Football RKTXUG ntsc
MLB Superstars R4SE54 ntsc
Moto_GP_08 RQ8E08 ntsc
my pet hotel RMNPFR pal
neighborhood games RN7E78 ntsc
Pangaya Golf With Style RPYP9B pal
petz dogs sport playground RG8P41 pal
professional bull riders RYTE4Z ntsc
Professor Heinz Wolffs Gravity RHEPKM pal
puzzle quest challenge of the warlords RQWPG9 pal
radio helicopter RGCPGT pal
Rapala Fishing Frenzy RTBE52 ntsc
Safecracker RQFP6V pal
Sam and Max Season 1 R3XP6V pal
Shrek's Carnival Craze Party Games RRQP52 pal
sports party RSUP41 pal
The Destiny Of Zorro RZRPGT pal
Ultimate I Spy RUZE7T ntsc
winter sports RUCXRT ntsc

LMAO - were u making a shopping list and just kept going onto the wii side of things ?
tongue.gif

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djtaz said:
FvKey said:
OMG! Just what I'm looking for!
I changed the gameID for the ones that I have in my customs and that's it.
Thanks.

Can you look after the uploads on these to the site please ?
Im not sure of the names and im not 100% on the Game ID's

That's the whole issue I came across... There is no game ID.

These games are all made off of a Guitar hero 3 disk (RGHE52, RGHP52, or RGHJ52). Because of this, the Wii sees them as the same GH3 disk. Before the USB loader, the Wii only saw one of the disks at a time- so it was never an issue. But now any WBFS installer sees them as duplicates and won't allow more than one using each ID to be installed.

So to get around this, I have changed MY disk IDs to random ones that I pulled out of my ass. Everybody else using these games will have a different made-up ID (and so there is no set ID for these games). The "Official" Titles are... "Guitar hero III: Downloaded Content Edition", "Guitar hero III: Rock Band Edition", "Guitar hero III Custom: GH II Songs", "Guitar hero III Custom: Guitar Hero", "Guitar hero III Custom: Rocks the 80's".

The only solution I can think of is to start a "custom/other" section on the hosting site.

wiigee

Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz said:
LMAO - were u making a shopping list and just kept going onto the wii side of things ?
tongue.gif

not quite, i had been making a list for images to find and resize for use with the usb loader, then i found your thread and jeez i could kiss you MWAH !!, this list was just those that were left after obtaining the ones i needed from your site

you have saved me hours of work
grog.gif

i cant use them until the wii returns from mother in laws, she has the kids for the week so im just getting files ready
wink.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Added :

harvest moon RHMP99 pal
hells kitchen RH2P41 pal
Job_Island RHKP18 pal
Moto_GP_08 RQ8E08 ntsc

by the way , unless ur a tall hot swedish supermodel with a twin sister im not too bothered about the kissing part
tongue.gif

dck

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dck said:
Thanks for setting up the page. Added all the names. However, some names were really long and got truncated.

Excellent job dck , that makes like a lot easier for everyone
biggrin.gif

Yeah , i limited the text input size as people were slightly abusing the system when i had that on there , so to be safe i only left enough space to enter names though i know some are longer - that being said , anyone looking will find it ever with the truncated name i would think ?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wiigee said:
All Star Cheer Leader RCXP78 pal
are you smarter than a 5th grader R5GE78 ntsc
baja 1000 RJCE52 ntsc
Big Catch Bass Fishing RXPPGT pal
Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWII RBAP41 pal
boogie superstar RG6P69 pal
bratz girlzs really rock RRLE78 ntsc
brothers in arms earned in blood RB5E41 ntsc
Brothers in Arms Road to Hill 30 RI8E41 ntsc
harvest moon RHMP99 pal
hells kitchen RH2P41 pal
Job_Island RHKP18 pal
Moto_GP_08 RQ8E08 ntsc
my pet hotel RMNPFR pal
neighborhood games RN7E78 ntsc
Pangaya Golf With Style RPYP9B pal
petz dogs sport playground RG8P41 pal
professional bull riders RYTE4Z ntsc
Professor Heinz Wolffs Gravity RHEPKM pal
puzzle quest challenge of the warlords RQWPG9 pal
radio helicopter RGCPGT pal
Rapala Fishing Frenzy RTBE52 ntsc
Safecracker RQFP6V pal
Sam and Max Season 1 R3XP6V pal
Shrek's Carnival Craze Party Games RRQP52 pal
sports party RSUP41 pal
The Destiny Of Zorro RZRPGT pal
Ultimate I Spy RUZE7T ntsc
winter sports RUCXRT ntsc

Right - thats them all done for ya.

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
What's the point of adding the 5th and 6th letters anyway? Those letters just signifiy disc pressings. If the first 4 letters are the same, the covers will be dupes.

nindim

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
What's the point of adding the 5th and 6th letters anyway? Those letters just signifiy disc pressings. If the first 4 letters are the same, the covers will be dupes.

Hmm, it does seem like the first 3 letters are what actually signifies the title, with the fourth being the region (PAL: P, NTSC: E, NTSC-J: J)

eg.

No More Heroes

PAL:
RNHP41
RNHP99

NTSC:
RNHE41

NTSC-J
RNHJ99

So if we could get the multitude of loaders using just the first three letters of the ID. We could have one set of images (albeit possibly the "wrong" images for PAL) with no duplicates required.

Does anyone know if there are any exceptions to the above rule?

nindim

Trophies
XP
Country
Knocks said:
We can't use just the first 3, because different regions have different cover art. 4 is optimal.

In my post I said "We could have one set of images (albeit possibly the "wrong" images for PAL)", I'm fully aware that the images for NTSC and PAL regions are different, but to be honest, does it really matter?

I live in a PAL territory and all my games are PAL, it doesn't really matter to me whether I am displaying PAL or NTSC images, we're talking about less disc usage and an easier to maintain library, I'm all for "one region to rule them all".

Others may disagree and in the end the already established format may be the easier option, just an idea.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nindim said:
Knocks said:
We can't use just the first 3, because different regions have different cover art. 4 is optimal.

In my post I said "We could have one set of images (albeit possibly the "wrong" images for PAL)", I'm fully aware that the images for NTSC and PAL regions are different, but to be honest, does it really matter?

I live in a PAL territory and all my games are PAL, it doesn't really matter to me whether I am displaying PAL or NTSC images, we're talking about less disc usage and an easier to maintain library, I'm all for "one region to rule them all".

Others may disagree and in the end the already established format may be the easier option, just an idea.
I think the way it is now suits everyone , if it changes then it wont suit some and will suit others and the aim is to suit the most people possible in the end.

Knocks

Trophies
XP
Country
nindim said:

I understand your suggestion. The difference is mainly in Japanese vs Western covers, not NTSC-U vs PAL. Japanese cover art tends to be particularly gorgeous and it would be a shame if it got replaced by crappy western versions. Also, some people keep different region versions of the same game, so merging is not ideal.

I would support switching completely to a 4-letter format though, since letters 5 & 6 serve no purpose to the consumer, and most game databases (like Gamefaqs) use 4 letters. Less typing for people and less strain on the USB Loader trying to read all those images from the SD card.

QUOTE(djtaz @ Apr 11 2009, 08:51 AM) I think the way it is now suits everyone , if it changes then it wont suit some and will suit others and the aim is to suit the most people possible in the end.

I think a 4-letter solution will suit everybody, simply because it provides all the information anyone might ever need about game cover art.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Knocks said:

All the above have RGHE (well 2 have RGHP) to start so how would we deal with that situation without the 5th and 6th ?

nindim

Trophies
XP
Country
My idea could be supported from code anyway with the existing database. I'm a programmer by trade but have yet to dip into any Wii programming, it would be a very simple change to make it work this way.

Being a programmer, I might be a little biased, not wanting duplicates and only one region is all about efficiency for me
smile.gif

The vast majority of the games listed under the PAL section of your website are the NTSC covers anyway, so until they're updated (if that happens), it's not like you'd be missing the PAL covers anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night