Hacking USB LOADER COVER IMAGES

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
First off, thanks to everyone for keeping all those images upto date and djtaz for running what became the #1 ressource for us usbloaders coders.
however i might add a little feature request to the website. you should put an alphabet list at the very top so we just have to click on the letter to go straight to the relevant titles.
it can easily be done with an anchor, or name atttribut in a div.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oggzee said:
Hi,

I really think it would be better if the site returned 404 not found instead of creating fake images... as it creates strange situations as quoted below...
Anyway, I just have to thank you again for the amazing cover collection and site
wink.gif

This has already been answered - the site is a sub folder of theotherzone site and was set up just to help out but the 404 error is not possible because theotherzone.com main site will be using it.
Sponsor a new site and ill do it that way for you, though it will crash the auto loaders that depend on images, but you can explain that to the coders who spent hours with auto download scripts on USB loaders.
Dont ask again unless you want to spopnsor a new hosting package for the site.

Golfje said:
Hey Guys
How can i download just the disc images from the site
http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/pal.php
If i use the all in zip file the disc images isn't there
You cant - this has also been discussed already.

QUOTE(Don Killah @ Apr 27 2009, 04:21 PM)
First off, thanks to everyone for keeping all those images upto date and djtaz for running what became the #1 ressource for us usbloaders coders.
however i might add a little feature request to the website. you should put an alphabet list at the very top so we just have to click on the letter to go straight to the relevant titles.
Ill take a look into that for you Don - should be possible to do.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Don Killah said:

Done - sorry if i knocked anyone off while testing - i thought it was working until i put the headers in.

nindim

Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz said:
Don Killah said:

Done - sorry if i knocked anyone off while testing - i thought it was working until i put the headers in.

Doesn't seem to work for me, using Firefox 3.0.9.

nindim

Trophies
XP
Country
I tried to pm you djtaz, but your inbox is full so it wouldn't let me send it
ohmy.gif
Here's the message:

QUOTE said:
Hey man, got a few more disc images to upload, BlackEnigma scanned in some of his collection and I processed them.

I tried Tatsunoko vs Capcom NTSC-J and Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition NTSC-U, but it doesn't seem to work. Can you let me know if you're getting them on your end? Still got another 4 or 5 to upload....

I actually uploaded two images for Tatsunoko vs Capcom, the first was massive and it was the source image (whoops), the second being the 600x600 centred image with transparency. I forgot to rename it to 4 digits though, it's the full 6, maybe you can do this at your end, that is if you even got the file....

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
nindim said:
djtaz said:
Don Killah said:

yep for me too, i'm on opera though.
but i know why it doesn't work (i'm a web dev too, so it's an easy one):
your links look like this "http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/pal.php#a"
but your anchor is name like that "A".

See the diff? the browser is case sensitive so it will look for a "lower a" and won't find any... to fix this either name all your anchors with lowercase letters or your links with uppercase arguments.
i'd rather go for the lowercase though:
http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/pal.php#a
A

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nindim said:
I tried to pm you djtaz, but your inbox is full so it wouldn't let me send it
ohmy.gif
Here's the message:

QUOTE said:
Hey man, got a few more disc images to upload, BlackEnigma scanned in some of his collection and I processed them.

I tried Tatsunoko vs Capcom NTSC-J and Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition NTSC-U, but it doesn't seem to work. Can you let me know if you're getting them on your end? Still got another 4 or 5 to upload....

I actually uploaded two images for Tatsunoko vs Capcom, the first was massive and it was the source image (whoops), the second being the 600x600 centred image with transparency. I forgot to rename it to 4 digits though, it's the full 6, maybe you can do this at your end, that is if you even got the file....

Nope didnt get either that i can see , but if the file already exists the upload will fail.
And yeah - i keep getting spuds PM'ing me asking me stupid questions they should post on threads filling up my inbox- its a pain in the bum cause theres a few genuine people pm'ing me

nindim

Trophies
XP
Country
djtaz said:
Nope didnt get either that i can see , but if the file already exists the upload will fail.
And yeah - i keep getting spuds PM'ing me asking me stupid questions they should post on threads filling up my inbox- its a pain in the bum cause theres a few genuine people pm'ing me

Ah, I see. I thought I could upload a four digit one and have it go up for moderation to replace a 3 digit one. What's the best way for me to get them on the site then? Don't want to have to bother you to upload them each and every time.

I have been seeing a few reports about white boxes around the disc images (no transparency), so i just tried using the PAL Wii music original disc image in the GUI USB LOADER resized to 160x160 through your site and sure enough it's showing a white box around it. I also tried my original image resized to 160x160 with photoshop and it works fine. Not sure what your resize algorithm is doing to the transparency, but when I open it up in photoshop, it doesn't have any transparency at all (just white background). It's strange because it seems to have it in the windows preview tool.....

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Don Killah said:
nindim said:
djtaz said:
Don Killah said:

yep for me too, i'm on opera though.
but i know why it doesn't work (i'm a web dev too, so it's an easy one):
your links look like this "http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/pal.php#a"
but your anchor is name like that "A".

See the diff? the browser is case sensitive so it will look for a "lower a" and won't find any... to fix this either name all your anchors with lowercase letters or your links with uppercase arguments.
i'd rather go for the lowercase though:
http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/pal.php#a
A
Ahh yes

I had

instead of

thats what i get for rushing it - bloody case sensativity.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do the 3D boxes at theotherzone have no transparency? And the disc labels all look like someone used ms paint to cut all the edges off?

untitled_5.png

nindim

Trophies
XP
Country
nindim said:
I have been seeing a few reports about white boxes around the disc images (no transparency), so i just tried using the PAL Wii music original disc image in the GUI USB LOADER resized to 160x160 through your site and sure enough it's showing a white box around it. I also tried my original image resized to 160x160 with photoshop and it works fine. Not sure what your resize algorithm is doing to the transparency, but when I open it up in photoshop, it doesn't have any transparency at all (just white background). It's strange because it seems to have it in the windows preview tool.....

Seems like there's something wrong with the resizing of the images and transparency..... Could be wrong though.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah it looks like the script for the server to resize the images cant really handle transparency properly.

Im not sure if anyone has any insight into PHP resizing images on the fly , but i may have to remove it if we are getting things like the above as its pointless having the images like above on the wii.

Ill just keep the actual sizes on the site i cant resolve the problem with resizing.

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi i'm looking for the disc image/art for Little King's Story Pal RO3P99.
The disc image on djtaz's site is not transparent and does not have a hole in the middle, can someone please correct this?

nindim

Trophies
XP
Country
The transparency issues with the 3D cover and discs from www.theotherzone.com/wii/ should be sorted now. Please let me know if there are any problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I used to drink alcohol fairly often. Never to the point of it being a problem, but like 2-3 beers with dinner each night, or a few cocktails or glasses of Scotch or something. Started smoking/vaping weed a lot a few years back which killed 90% of my interest in booze. Now I stopped smoking/vaping weed as much and just deal with life the boring way most of the time
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I only drank alcohol once and it was by accident
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt know it was beer, it was on a juice bottle
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yeah, I'm addicted to smoking, sadly. It's very addictive but I wish I didn't start.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    May just order a 5700g for a nas/emulation set up tbh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast you were asleep on 4/20
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, you played that Mario flash game called Mario 63?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, No, but I've seen it on Vinesauce's stream.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that game is one of the reasons i met newgrounds bc the full versión of it is in that site
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Also somebody is remaking it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the other game where I found newgrounds is new york shark
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Spoke to Tom Fulp the other day, if he can find his old Newgrounds site content like the mini Flash animations from the 2000's that played on the portal.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So far no response, but he did say that he'll find them. Wayback Machine doesn't have em.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast the 1999 versión of pico's school is avaliable (the difference between it, the 2006 versión and the 2016 versión is that the speed of the game depends of the speed of your computer and that it had the og soundtrack)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Another being Pico VS Bear, the original 1999 version before Jim Henson filed a DMCA takedown.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    The 2006 versión was made when the flash portal was made
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many people thought it was lost, but was discovered that he hid it on the same page.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, although the "secrets" system where the game was has been removed. Also pico vs uberkids had a netplay versión that was shutdown, although the swf file has been found
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Nope. There are two download buttons on the same page, where you can download the original under a file called "bear.exe". "bear2.exe", however, is the updated game in a Flash projector. P.s. this was on the archived Pico page from 2000.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's been there for a long time, too. People who search for lost media don't look hard enough lmao.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, also the pico 2 demos used to be only for the newgrounds patrons but they are on internet archive too (https://archive.org/download/picos_school_2)
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Iirc the demos were removed from newgrounds in 2022
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Iirc the demos were removed from newgrounds in 2022