• Views 7,262,135
  • Replies 29,395
  • Likes 48

BlindDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, question.. I have a forwarder that I have been using since wani's v1.1. Thing is, its SLOW as hell.

I installed the boot.dol into preloader and when I turn on the wii, the GUILoader opens in about 3 seconds. Really Fast.
Forwarder takes about 10 seconds to start GUILoader.

Anyone have faster times with other forwarders?

Thanks

Xylexis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think the forwarder is slow because it is switching between video modes.
My Sony Bravia is a PAL tv. And when I start the forwarder channel it first tries to get 480i and then 480p.
Maybe that accounts for the slow loading.
Could someone make a 480p forwarder channel. or just PAL, dont know exactly how it works in the loader.

Gr Xyl

_Belial

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I've been using Ultimate USB loader for a couple of weeks with no problems, but really liked the look of this one so just gave 2 different builds a go (172 and 180) but neither of them detects my USB drive at all? It just sits there saying no USB device waiting 30 seconds but never finds it.

I've tried booting wii with and without the drive attached, attaching after it loads, but makes no difference.

I know the drive is fine, as I said works with the other loader.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

joshed

Trophies
Website
www.scened.info
XP
Country
United States
zouille83 said:
Good idea
But is it possible to have the complete file ( boot.dol + all folder + wad) like this : GUIL

thank you

hey deak freak why not put up a separate "you need this" package to go with it with the folders to place in the SD, etc, and have that on the site with the themes and revisions as well... the companion pack if you will

NeoRame

Trophies
Website
www.neorame.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
RavRob said:
Tx BlindDude....no wonder I couldn't find one. I will give this loader a try now that I know.
Cheers
if you had read the FIRST post, you know it ;-)

joshed said:
It is based on that it libwiigui uses GX for drawing so tantric slapped it on all his new emus. Since this loader uses libwiigui, why not adopt the same convention. UsbLoaderGx or LoaderGX sounds good to me. add disc loading and it's the best loader there is.
i agreed ;-) i like this name too.but i have anothe idea ULoadGX

QUOTE(zouille83 @ Apr 28 2009, 08:54 AM)
Good idea
But is it possible to have the complete file ( boot.dol + all folder + wad) like this : GUIL

thank you
i would say no, because its not a stable release its only a pre alpha/beat?1?
wait for a stable beta and we release a complete pack....

ToGau

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello,

I try to follow this big thread, but I lost the overview.

Is it possible to post once again all the things I need to install this loader.

I mean:

- the directory "apps" will all that is needed in it (boot dol, Icon.png, meta, evtl. config etc.)
- wad
- where to put the covers
- and how can in change the background
- Icons for channel , HBC icon and so on

I tried to follow this thread, but it´s nearly impossible to do this. If I had once the loader running, I will be able to change the boot.dol.

frankomio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
_Belial said:
Hi all,

I've been using Ultimate USB loader for a couple of weeks with no problems, but really liked the look of this one so just gave 2 different builds a go (172 and 180) but neither of them detects my USB drive at all? It just sits there saying no USB device waiting 30 seconds but never finds it.

Thanks

My HDD often needs 10-15 Sec before its detected with the GUIL,
in the Ultimate USBloader, especially an older version, the 1.1 from LOPST,
was quiet faster and more reliable

AND: a FORWARDER-Channel with PAL or 480p initializing , would be my favorite , if theres anybody who will compile

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
NeoRame said:
Would be really great, if you guys would give this wonderful Loader a own name; just for the sake of beeing able to tell all these Loaders apart...

And really good job guys and take your time and this will be the best loader out there!
yaynds.gif
(no Wii in hand but you get the idea
wink.gif
)

NeoRame

Trophies
Website
www.neorame.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ToGau said:
Hello,

I mean:

- the directory "apps" will all that is needed in it (boot dol, Icon.png, meta, evtl. config etc.)
- wad

I tried to follow this thread, but it´s nearly impossible to do this. If I had once the loader running, I will be able to change the boot.dol.

god damn it. read the f****** FIRST POST there is all you need
and no there is no WAD and no channel icon from our side because its NOT A STABLE RELEASE ITS A F****** TEST VERSION (no alpha no beta or whatever. its 0.0188!!! )

zouille83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
hello

I try something but it doesn't work. I wanted to change images_path but I have no cover now.
At the beginning , images_path was on the SD root but now I would like to put this folder here : SD:/apps/USBLoader wii/images/

so I change this ligne in config.txt but nothing

wimages_path = SD:/apps/USBLoader wii/images/
images_path = SD:/apps/USBLoader wii/images/

Is it possible to make a lang.txt to modifie the lang ?

somebody have ideas ?
thanks

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ToGau said:
I mean:

- wad

I tried to follow this thread, but it´s nearly impossible to do this. If I had once the loader running, I will be able to change the boot.dol.QUOTESmall How-To

To get the USB Loader working you need to follow a few rules.

-cover images need to have dimensions which is a multiple of 4 and must be place in SDRoot:/images/

-DVD covers image need a resolution of 160x160 and must be placed in SDRoot:/images/disc/

-It doesn´t matter if you use Boxart/DVD images with 6 or 3 characters if the USB Loader can´t find the 6 character images the USB Loader will load the images with 3 characters.
wink.gif

frankomio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
NeoRame said:
ToGau said:
Hello,

I mean:

- wad

god damn it. read the f****** FIRST POST there is all you need
and no there is no WAD and no channel icon from our side because its NOT A STABLE RELEASE ITS A F****** TEST VERSION (no alpha no beta or whatever. its 0.0188!!! )

I think , NeoRame leaves his Posts still in the Clipboard -->> to answer all these stupid questions
hate2.gif

@NEO: keep calm, or ignore such posts , we need your coding-skills and Ideas :-)

@all: Good work !!! It´s amazing what happens here !!!

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
NeoRame said:
@ master wenigstens einer der lesen kann und ein wenig aufpasst ;-)
Nein, nein.... ich verfolge diesen Thread nur schon sehr lange und hab diese Frage schon öfters gesehen...

@ToGau: You should try to PM some people, if you don`t have an idea on how to run anything before asking in a thread, even if you already tried to for yourself. They might point you to the relevant thread or post... That`s because these question come up very often and many people here are already really sensitised because of the "noobness"
wink.gif
Just for future questions...

NeoRame

Trophies
Website
www.neorame.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
frankomio said:
I think , NeoRame leaves his Posts still in the Clipboard -->> to answer all these stupid questions
hate2.gif

frankomio, not realy but its a good idea with the clipboard ;-)

QUOTE@NEO: keep calm, or ignore such posts , we need your coding-skills and Ideas :-)
lol coding skillz??? LOOOOL i can only design ;-) and the only coding skillz i have is copy and paste ROFL

djmvt

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
DR.Hossa said:
Ja die meistgestellte Frage hier^^ Wer Lesen kann ist klar im Vorteil...

Sry for German Post^^
hahaha learning my languages here
tongue.gif

kan ook nog in het nederlands hoor, deutsch ist auch keine probleme (at least not for reading but writing pfew hahaha) but I think english is the easiest for most people here...

btw excellent development people, I am not a coder anymore (been coding on the Amiga but that was years ago) but I'm following all of this with great pleasure.
And hey: I compile my own revs at the moment, just for the fun of it hahahaha

On with serious work: testing rev188
wink.gif

greets...

cyrex

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Stang said:
469 games? You are a top notch pirate good sir. Here is your gold star for a job well done
images

*Arrrrrrrr*

RavRob said:
Everyone talks about a config.txt and a title.txt but it is no where to be found. I have read up to page 102 and gave up. All I can find is ppl uploading new version but still no config.txt
This loader sounds and the video looks great but there seems to be no instruction on how to use it and files missing to make it works.
Too bad
Nothing available yet (nothing official)

QUOTE(icpmattj @ Apr 28 2009, 07:49 AM)
I can't stand the default them.Looks like crap to me and the text on screen(hard drive text) gets cut off because of the background.
And i can't stand you. Let's see your try on a design for it!? Anyway the text gets cut off because the font just sucks... but as long as i don't find THE FONT i will leave this crappy one in just to annoy ppl like you. I think it's pretty stupid if you would go over to an artist and tell him that his current picture hes working on sucks .... because if it's just half the way done you have no idea how it will look when it's finished.... anyway ... ppl like you just suck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: It is really cool how they managed to do this. Hopefully we get a fully hacked XBox One by next... +1