• Views 7,237,355
  • Replies 29,379
  • Likes 48

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Kallim why wouldn't it work with cheats ?
What is tab mod : take vanilla sources (from Cyan or from blackb0x), take tab mod sources, shake it, compile it, done. So :
  • everything that works with USBLoader GX (from Cyan or blackb0x), will work with tab mod too
  • everything that doesn't works with USBLoader GX (from Cyan or blackb0x), will not work with tab mod too
  • every bug present in USBLoader GX (from Cyan or blackb0x), will be in tab mod too
And as blackb0x said, some downsides :
  • no theme support (tweaks were made for the official theme, and I can't ask anyone to include the changes in their skins, as it is not official and won't be anytime soon)
  • no 4/3 support (will add it, for fun)

FYI I tried my build (latest public sources from blackb0x + tab mod) with Donkey Kong Country Returns, with Classic Controller cheat, and everything worked fine. So I guess cheats are working...BTW it's not that hard to try it by yourself, don't you think ? :unsure:

ps : Anybody that wants official "quick game switching" (it won't be with tabs obviously, so we can't use this word :moogle:, I'm curious and excited to see what it will be) with corrected bugs should wait for the official blackb0x build, when it's done. I only put my tab mod build here because some people asked for it (I'm no developer, don't expect anything from me :teach:).

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What is tab mod : take vanilla sources (from Cyan or from blackb0x), take tab mod sources, shake it, compile it, done. So :
  • everything that works with USBLoader GX (from Cyan or blackb0x), will work with tab mod too
  • everything that doesn't works with USBLoader GX (from Cyan or blackb0x), will not work with tab mod too
  • every bug present in USBLoader GX (from Cyan or blackb0x), will be in tab mod too
  • no theme support (tweaks were made for the official theme, and I can't ask anyone to include the changes in their skins, as it is not official and won't be anytime soon)

FYI I tried my build (latest public sources from blackb0x + tab mod) with Donkey Kong Country Returns, with Classic Controller cheat, and everything worked fine. So I guess cheats are working...BTW it's not that hard to try it by yourself, don't you think ? :unsure:

ps : Anybody that wants official "quick game switching" (it won't be with tabs obviously, so we can't use this word :moogle:, I'm curious and excited to see what it will be) with corrected bugs should wait for the official blackb0x build, when it's done. I only put my tab mod build here because some people asked for it (I'm no developer, don't expect anything from me :teach:).
No it's not hard to try I'm away from home. Last time I tried the official usb loader it wasn't working with cheats.... It rather it would work if you already had the codes and textcodes folders with the cheats in. It still pointed to the old gekocodes website and didn't have the new location... But I downloaded the mod7 version and it points to the new location.
Post automatically merged:

I've just got in... It works perfectly thanks. I used an older tab mod version years ago which deleted my codes if I (or kids) tried to update in the ocarina menu.

I'm buzzing now I've got a working tab mod version again.

Last edited by Kallim,

cjuni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is it possible someday to implement a feature to map the Gamecube controller to be used in Wii games? Like RVLoader's GC2Wiimote. I know this is dreaming big but this would probably be one of the best additions to usblgx.

fandango

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible someday to implement a feature to map the Gamecube controller to be used in Wii games? Like RVLoader's GC2Wiimote. I know this is dreaming big but this would probably be one of the best additions to usblgx.
Obviously Wii games are designed to work with Wii controllers. So why would you want to do this?

Last edited by fandango,
  • Love
Reactions: ChibiMofo

cjuni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Obviously Wii games are designed to work with Wii controllers. So why would you want to do this?

Why not? This is possible with Rvloader (bbloader), but installing this loader on a conventional wii is not a good idea. For those who have had the chance to test it, you know that it is much more comfortable to play Wii games with Gamecube controls. It also has the advantage of not spending on batteries with the wired controller. There are many Wii games that would work perfectly with conventional controllers but have not officially supported them. The only thing we currently have is hacks to use the Classic controller in a few games that don't support it originally.

• Haha
Reactions: ChibiMofo

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Good Morning.:)
Hello,my Friend,long Time no see.💖😉
I hope you are well and Life is good on your Side.😉

I'm no developer, don't expect anything from me :teach:
Hopefully NOW everybody can SEE it AND notice it finally....🙄

Thank you very much for your Update and your Help.
I really appreciate your Help in this Thread and I am very sorry that you now are being bombarded with questions like "Is this working now? or "Has this and that been fixed?" *sigh*
You only want to help,my Friend.💖💖💖

Thank you very much.😉👌

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It also has the advantage of not spending on batteries with the wired controller. There are many Wii games that would work perfectly with conventional controllers but have not officially supported them.
There exists fakemote and allows to connect a DS3 or DS4 to the wii usb port and using them instead wiimote with nunchuck to play any Wii game.

LDigital

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Would it be possible to add a toggle button that allows you to switch between Gamecube and Wii&Ware quickly, without having to go to the top menu and untick the ones you dont want to see? that way you dont have to see wii and gc games all mixed together and could do a quick flip between types like Wiiflow.

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Would it be possible to add a toggle button that allows you to switch between Gamecube and Wii&Ware quickly, without having to go to the top menu and untick the ones you dont want to see? that way you dont have to see wii and gc games all mixed together and could do a quick flip between types like Wiiflow.
There's a tabmod version
Post automatically merged:

That's point of the tabmod version? Are you using the standard version?

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, the standard version as it has the 480p fix in it

You do realize that the tabmod is actually the latest (public) sources from blackb0x + the tweaks to add tabmod.
So, everything that is in official build IS also in the tabmod build...there is really no point in saying you're using the official build because of the 480p fix (which can be interpreted as : it's not included in tabmod build)...:ph34r:

ps : I'm not trying to convince anybody to use tabmod, but, I repeat, I'm NOT removing anything from the official build (NOR adding anything except tabmod).

Last edited by Badablek,

wei134102

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
New question, hello, everyone. When compiling GX, I will prompt the following
If you have time, can you help me?
=====================================================================================================
D:/wii/usbloadergx-plug/trunk/source/usbloader/wbfs/wbfs_fat.cpp: In member function 'wbfs_t* Wbfs_Fat::OpenPart(char*)':
D:/wii/usbloadergx-plug/trunk/source/usbloader/wbfs/wbfs_fat.cpp:700:59: error: invalid conversion from 'int (*)(void*, u32, u32, void*) {aka int (*)(void*, long unsigned int, long unsigned
int, void*)}' to 'rw_sector_callback_t {aka long int (*)(void*, long unsigned int, long unsigned int, void*)}' [-fpermissive]
&split, hdd_sector_size[usbport], split.total_sec, 0, 0);
^
In file included from D:/wii/usbloadergx-plug/trunk/source/usbloader/wbfs.h:4:0,
from D:/wii/usbloadergx-plug/trunk/source/usbloader/wbfs/wbfs_fat.h:7,
from D:/wii/usbloadergx-plug/trunk/source/usbloader/wbfs/wbfs_fat.cpp:24:
D:/wii/usbloadergx-plug/trunk/source/libs/libwbfs/libwbfs.h:139:9: note: initializing argument 1 of 'wbfs_t* wbfs_open_partition(rw_sector_callback_t, rw_sector_callback_t, void*, int, int
, u32, int)'
wbfs_t*wbfs_open_partition(rw_sector_callback_t read_hdsector, rw_sector_callback_t write_hdsector,
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
D:/wii/usbloadergx-plug/trunk/source/usbloader/wbfs/wbfs_fat.cpp: In member function 'wbfs_t* Wbfs_Fat::CreatePart(u8*, char*)':
D:/wii/usbloadergx-plug/trunk/source/usbloader/wbfs/wbfs_fat.cpp:786:116: error: invalid conversion from 'int (*)(void*, u32, u32, void*) {aka int (*)(void*, long unsigned int, long unsigned
int, void*)}' to 'rw_sector_callback_t {aka long int (*)(void*, long unsigned int, long unsigned int, void*)}' [-fpermissive]
part = wbfs_open_partition(split_read_sector, split_write_sector, &split, hdd_sector_size[usbport], n_sector, 0, 1);
^
In file included from D:/wii/usbloadergx-plug/trunk/source/usbloader/wbfs.h:4:0,
D:/wii/usbloadergx-plug/trunk/source/libs/libwbfs/libwbfs.h:139:9: note: initializing argument 1 of 'wbfs_t* wbfs_open_partition(rw_sector_callback_t, rw_sector_callback_t, void*, int, int
, u32, int)'
wbfs_t*wbfs_open_partition(rw_sector_callback_t read_hdsector, rw_sector_callback_t write_hdsector,
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
D:/wii/usbloadergx-plug/trunk/source/usbloader/wbfs/wbfs_fat.cpp:786:116: error: invalid conversion from 'int (*)(void*, u32, u32, void*) {aka int (*)(void*, long unsigned int, long unsigned
part = wbfs_open_partition(split_read_sector, split_write_sector, &split, hdd_sector_size[usbport], n_sector, 0, 1);
^
D:/wii/usbloadergx-plug/trunk/source/libs/libwbfs/libwbfs.h:139:9: note: initializing argument 2 of 'wbfs_t* wbfs_open_partition(rw_sector_callback_t, rw_sector_callback_t, void*, int, int
, u32, int)'
====================================================================================================
The attachment is the file with the problem
Is there a problem with the file libwbfs.h?

Thank you,a friend from China!

Attachments

• code.zip
    9.5 KB · Views: 26

LDigital

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You do realize that the tabmod is actually the latest (public) sources from blackb0x + the tweaks to add tabmod.
So, everything that is in official build IS also in the tabmod build...there is really no point in saying you're using the official build because of the 480p fix (which can be interpreted as : it's not included in tabmod build)...:ph34r:

ps : I'm not trying to convince anybody to use tabmod, but, I repeat, I'm NOT removing anything from the official build (NOR adding anything except tabmod).
Apologies, I must be using an older version?
The version of tabmod I could find does not have the 480p option in the loader menu
https://gbatemp.net/attachments/usblgx1271_tabmod-7z.152671/
This is the version I could find linked from page 1 of this thread. in this version is it on by default and not switchable?

If there is a newer version that you are referring to, please link it and I will switch right over.

Also in tab mod, how would I go about moving some of the icons. the SD card icon seems a little high, id like to move it down slightly if possible to not overlap the border

Thanks

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@LDigital I'm not the OP of this thread...my build in first page, as it's written, was compiled...in 2018. But one page back (1406) → https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx.149922/page-1406#post-9959920

if you want to move icons, you will have to tweak the sources and compile it yourself. Tabs are taking a lot of space, so I had to move icons, I know it's far from perfect, but tabs are most important (IMO) than those icons :moogle:

Reactions: Alexander1970

cjuni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
@Badablek If I put to display wiiware games and nand channels on the Wiiware tab, change the tab (wii or gamecube for example) and go back to the Wiiware tab, it resets the configuration and displays only the wiiware games again. Is there a way to keep the view chosen for each tab?

Last edited by cjuni,

Badablek

Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Badablek If I put to display wiiware games and nand channels on the Wiiware tab, change the tab (wii or gamecube for example) and go back to the Wiiware tab, it resets the configuration and displays only the wiiware games again. Is there a way to keep the view chosen for each tab?

nope, sorry. tabmod is really "basic". Items shown in each tab are hardcoded, so every time you use a tab, it will only show what is hardcoded (Wii → Wii Games, Gamecube → Gamecube Games, Wiiware → Virtual Console + Wiiware). You can't configure the tabs by yourself, except by editing source file(s) and compiling it.

Reactions: Alexander1970

LDigital

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

LDigital

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the tip I now have an up to date tabbed version.

Does anyone know if there is an upper game limit that this can handle?

I have a 1g1r redump set transferred with wii manager and the loader can load the list but has problems loading the splash screens or crashes outright. Am I just pushing it beyond its capability?

Attachments

• 90646A80-EB40-40C3-90B5-A30237F5B8F5.jpeg
    90646A80-EB40-40C3-90B5-A30237F5B8F5.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 41

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Happy birthday, btw