opium2k

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
i posted some backgrounds in another thread somewhere but they didnt line up properly so i touched them up a bit for the V6 version.
Here's the re-touched ones:

Heres the ones for the V7 version (untested cuz i havent upgraded yet)

they all use the ultimate2 layout with the first two using console_color = 0,15 and the last one using console_color = 15,0 (i think the coords should just be default since I don't have them listed in my config.txt)
i have no idea how they'll look in v7 or widescreen so don't complain if things don't line up properly
tongue.gif

credits go to: tripellex, MrTea & NeoRame (sorry if i forgot anyone)

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
if you post backgrounds post the co-ods if you changed them so i can add them. also i won't add backgrounds with just a background changed and using buttons already used in another.

evvil

Trophies
XP
Country
FenrirWolf said:
Nope, that didn't change anything. The cover positioning is still a tiny bit off. But hey, at least I got to verify that cover downloads work fine. And they're a lot faster than the first time I used the feature. Good work!

Play with the coords and let us know what works perfect! again the background wasn't meant for this version, it was the only widescreen one available

QUOTE(THitsu10 @ Apr 16 2009, 02:17 AM) hmm.....layout "ultimate2" works great for me
smile.gif
..... just to test things out I set it to "ultimate1" seems it uses the new default background...even though it uses the old layout. but it does use the new button mapping which is great
smile.gif
...so in short...default background for "ultimate1" needs update

Im not sure if there is currently a way to compile 2 different backgrounds in to one .dol just use your old backgrounds from v3 through v6.7 they should work fine!

frankomio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
sorry mates,
is it possible to have a link to all the fitting Background.png´s in the first post ?
maybe only for the current images, but easier to find .....

in fact im searching the background for the last V7, 2-D cover (standard) , 4:3, with covers on the left

nothing more, nothing less...

and NO, it´s not on U S O B

btw: i think it would better for the thread, it it will be split up in a developer and a support-thread

THitsu10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
question about "download install"

# downloadinstall = [0] 1
# 0 => download cover art automatically when you install game
# 1 => don't download cover art when you install game

by default its ON? i know thats what it says... but just making sure....i've installed three games just to test it and nothing...cauze it would make more sense for it to be OFF by default
wink.gif

NeoRame

Trophies
Website
www.neorame.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Bladexdsl said:
if you post backgrounds post the co-ods if you changed them so i can add them. also i won't add backgrounds with just a background changed and using buttons already used in another.

ähhmmm on your page you have to say that for my new theme u need my cover pack. the theme will not work with the standart covers ....

evvil

Trophies
XP
Country
NeoRame said:
ähhmmm on your page you have to say that for my new theme u need my cover pack. the theme will not work with the standart covers ....

Would it be possible for you to make your sweet new background work with widescreen for the new v7 final?

QUOTE(THitsu10 @ Apr 16 2009, 02:59 AM) cauze it would make more sense for it to be OFF by default
wink.gif

Agreed, maybe in the next release.

Golfje

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey Guys,

i would be glad if somebody post a good config.txt for me for de ultimate v7.... I can't figure it out....

Thanks

ThaDraGun

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Using V7beta3

I can't download covers. It says it can't initilize the network. The other versions worked fine. I checked to see if it was my connection and its not.
I noticed when you go into the configure settings for a game many times it doesnt show the arrow beside what option you want to change. Sometimes it will show the arrow, but not all the time.
Other then that it's good. I like the configure button alot better I must say.

Edit: here's my config settings

QUOTE said:
images_path = SD:/images/
background = bg.png
layout = ultimate2
covers = 1
console_color = 0,15
savesettings = 1
home = exit
video = game
entry_lines = 12
ocarina = 0
simple = 3
download = 1
console_coords=40,71,340,290
covers_coords=446,109

Also, I really like the 3D boxart. However I gave up on it since there is no way Im going to change the colour of the little strip on the side to match every background I have. Its too bad it couldnt be transparent. Great idea tho.

opium2k

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Bladexdsl said:

if that was directed at me i did post that they should work with default coords with the ultimate2 layout
and although i am brand new to photoshop i didnt just slap a new background on other people's psds
smile.gif

ooo that reminds me actually, since some people have been nice enough to post their psd's would it be possible to put a section on your site for them so people don't have to search thru 180 pages to find them?
just a suggestion
wink.gif

sorry for derailing the thread

RC89

Trophies
XP
Country
I know this questions has been raised before, but its so damn hard to find stuff in this thread.
- Which size for the background will match the 16:9? wasnt it 854 x something?
- And do i need to change the cords, or should i just the 16:9 fix code, which has been written in here somewhere.

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 things, using the V7 posted around 2 pages ago, 1.1 and 1.4.

No matter where i put titles.txt, the names still come up as whatever they were installed as, like De Blob is named Blob07. Why is it never showing up properly?

Also, it downloads every cover perfectly except when it gets to Rayman Raving Rabids 2, it reboots the wii! I tried it in 1.1 and 1.4. Likely the cover is missing for some reason and it reboots the entire usb loader. Any help would be great. Thanks.

jsjar

Trophies
XP
Country
another v7 background
ultimateloaderv7.png

layout = original
entry_lines = 1
console_coords = 60,170,340,110
covers_coords = 446,109

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
NeoRame said:
Bladexdsl said:

i thought you can download the covers automatically?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
opium2k said:
Bladexdsl said:

if that was directed at me i did post that they should work with default coords with the ultimate2 layout
and although i am brand new to photoshop i didnt just slap a new background on other people's psds
smile.gif

ooo that reminds me actually, since some people have been nice enough to post their psd's would it be possible to put a section on your site for them so people don't have to search thru 180 pages to find them?
just a suggestion
wink.gif

sorry for derailing the thread

no it wasn't a lot of peeps lately have been using other peoples buttons or not putting buttons in at all sorry i'm going to have to start getting strict on what i add.
tongue.gif

i'd need a link with all the psd to add them.

Rambytes

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hungyip84 said:
V7 Official: http://sharebee.com/7387e93b

Source: http://sharebee.com/58fd8ac4

In order to compile the source, you need to add this library and add to libogc folder:
http://melpo.googlecode.com/files/FreeImage-Wii.zip

Thanks evvil for testing
Thanks LuffarJoh for helping in the widescreen feature!

What's New:

1. A lot of bug fixes
2. added widescreen option. (If you use widescreen, please set layout to ultimatew or simple delete the layout config)
#
# wbackground = image_name.png
# name of your widescreen background image, in PNG format, located in your images path (see above option)
# If not specified, a default template will be used.
wbackground = wbg.png
#
# widescreen = [0] 1
# 0 => no wide screen
# 1 => wide screen
# caution: if turn on the wide screen, the loader would resize the image from your SD card. Toggling between
# wide screen and non-wide screen would cause loss in image quality. Hopefully this feature would get better in next release
widescreen = 0
#
3. ultimate2 layout has been changed to fit new background, it is also the default layout now.
Added new ultimatew layout (for default widescreen, which is the default layout when you enable widescreen)

Config Guide: http://pastebin.com/m57db58d2

You might have noticed a significant increase in file size. This is due to the new FreeImage library being used.

Sorry for my noob question, but I cannot add the new library... I don't know which file to put where.... I really want to translate in french, but I cannot compile !!!

Thanks!!!

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really wanted to try the 3D cover layout, so I modified tripellex's background to compensate for the gray area around the covers.

3dcoversBG.png

3dcoversBG2.png

3dcoversBG3.png

and here's an icon I made for the app in HBC
icon.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right... +1