Hacking USB Loader... my turn ;)

brownmurder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think have the url where the covers are in the config.txt would be a good idea, that way they could be hosted and if the host needed changing it could be.

waxlabo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you neorame... the widescreen version rocks!
smile.gif

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
evvil said:
Screemer said:
the easiest thing would be if the loader could resize the covers on the fly. i mean as soon as they are displayed the get resized in memory but not save in the new size.

We tried that but need to use freeimage library to do it, and using that made a whole host of new problems arise. Not being able to install games being at the top of the list, but also the libpng error was related to this (the 30 game and reset bug) It would save alot of time to just have the widescreen versions hosted somewhere.
i must have missed that. for now the i am fine with the resized images. but it might worth to be on the todo list for the future. maybe somebody will take a look at it and will fix the problems.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I renamed FFCC OOT to "Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicals : Echos of Time" with a PC WBFS app, and it shows up at "Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicals ..." with the last . wrapped to the next line... when I change the default 37 per line to 36, it just makes a gap in the list now... haven't tried 35 yet, but just wanted to put that out there as well...

Prisoner

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Prisoner said:
QUOTE(jono@home @ Apr 16 2009, 08:20 PM) Yes they do ever so slightly... PAL (50 Hz) leaves Black border at the bottom, if using image for NTSC (60hz) Image

PAL (50Hz) image size required 640 x 530
NTSC (60Hz) image size required 640 x 480
but, if I'm using a pal console with the 480p mode?
better NTSC or PAL image?
figured out by myself....needed to use the NTSC version...

NeoRame

Trophies
Website
www.neorame.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ohhhhh , the bug 30 game ug fix is away!!!! on my first starts the loader reboot after 35 covers. on my 2nd start i navigate reverse, now all my covers are convertet and i hanvt a reboot anymore....

waxlabo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i notice that too... it stops rebooting if u go reverse? i have the same issue on the same game so i am trying to delete the game and reinstall it. the reboot happen to me on house of the dead 2 & 3 everytime. forward or backwards...

hungyip84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NeoRame said:
ohhhhh , the bug 30 game ug fix is away!!!! on my first starts the loader reboot after 35 covers. on my 2nd start i navigate reverse, now all my covers are convertet and i hanvt a reboot anymore....

it's gone? why?

NeoRame

Trophies
Website
www.neorame.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hungyip84 said:
NeoRame said:

it's gone? why?
i dont know exectly why but i think it is the imegae resize because since all my covers are in the right size (im a widescreen user) the loader doesnt reboot after 30 pix

but on my first reboot bug it was exactly the same game like waxlabe (HOD 2&3 patched to 249)

evvil

Trophies
XP
Country
Don Killah said:
atually it's been coded and added to v7.01 by LuffarJoh:
[url=http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147...t&p=1912588]http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147...t&p=1912588[/url]

Try installing a game in that version!

Posts merged

NeoRame said:
hungyip84 said:
QUOTE(NeoRame @ Apr 16 2009, 11:12 PM) ohhhhh , the bug 30 game ug fix is away!!!! on my first starts the loader reboot after 35 covers. on my 2nd start i navigate reverse, now all my covers are convertet and i hanvt a reboot anymore....

it's gone? why?
i dont know exectly why but i think it is the imegae resize because since all my covers are in the right size (im a widescreen user) the loader doesnt reboot after 30 pix

but on my first reboot bug it was exactly the same game like waxlabe (HOD 2&3 patched to 249)

check the images on your sd, I bet the image for that game is corrupted, the autoresize messes up some images

jono@home

Trophies
XP
Country
evvil said:
Don Killah said:
atually it's been coded and added to v7.01 by LuffarJoh:
[url=http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147...t&p=1912588]http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147...t&p=1912588[/url]

Try installing a game in that version!

Posts merged

NeoRame said:
hungyip84 said:
QUOTE(NeoRame @ Apr 16 2009, 11:12 PM) ohhhhh , the bug 30 game ug fix is away!!!! on my first starts the loader reboot after 35 covers. on my 2nd start i navigate reverse, now all my covers are convertet and i hanvt a reboot anymore....

it's gone? why?

check the images on your sd, I bet the image for that game is corrupted, the autoresize messes up some images

that why luffarjoh did 7.01.. so the image buffers, to stop corrupting images..

However it still crashes after scrolling through thirty games... haven't tried it in reverse mind.. maybe someone is onto something here..

hungyip84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

Here is a 7.1 release (1.4 only at this moment)

- auto resize is removed to fix the install bug.

- added wimages_path option. This is the path that you put your widescreen background and widescreen cover art to. (default is SD:/wimages/

Notes: when you have widescreen turned on, the downloaded cover art would not get auto-resized, you need to resize yourself. Sorry about that.

I included the japanese game fix by Narolez as well (Thanks Narolez!) Please let me know if ocarina is really disabled with it is turned off.

I will release the source and 1.1 version tonight.

dol:

http://sharebee.com/b2872d07

Config information: http://pastebin.com/m2500cc78 (thanks wiimano)

raptir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Having a few issues with configuring this... where should my config.txt be going? I have it in /apps/usbloader/config.txt, and it doesn't seem to be registering. None of the settings I've set in there work. Help?

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why does this Loader have a txd? It should just have all the stuff built in it with multiple versions. The thing that bugs me the most is that you cannot run this from preloader, and you cannot inject this into a wad because it code dumps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon: anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator is bad in my book, i...