Hacking USB Loader with Multiple Boxart Images.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@cdreams: sorry i changed the to the same as the normal images
tongue.gif

/images/smallxxxx.png

@AppleBelly: i would recommend the FreeImage library to manipulate the image size http://melpo.googlecode.com/files/FreeImage-Wii.zip.
So this would only need the normal one´s.

AppleBelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How did you create the small image? can you upload it somewhere like imageshack?

All that info is correct, my only thought is that the image isn't. That is NTSC USA code right?

------------

Thanks nixx. I will give that a look at.

Also no need to put applebelly's name on the image, as much as i would like the fame, there is a lot of community work on this going on, and the credit should include many people.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
www.shaunpauljohnston.com
XP
Country
I have uploaded the one for muramasa for Japanese Wii. The code is: RSFJ99

Here is are them both large and smaller:

RSFJ99.png

smallRSFJ99.png

All I have done is taken the original image and altered sizes in photoshop and saved as png's. Original sized at 169x225 and the smaller images sized at 119x168 as stated previously as needed. Maybe I this has changed and I missed something. I don't see why a change in size would affect it though. It also wouldn't be affected if I don't have a noimage.png does it?

AppleBelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Basically he just made the code i used a bit tidier. He also changed the location of the small images.

Instead of (my version) sd:/images/small/
he changed it to: sd:/images/

So an example of a small image would be:
sd:/images/smallXXXX.png

Give it a try, i;m messing around with freeimage to make it so we don't need the small versions.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
LOL this is getting messy
tongue.gif

So nIxx, that new dol is that altered to use the sd:/images/small/folder , or is it sd:/images/

Also see that menu.c file you had linked to as well, do I need that somewhere or is that just for people compiling the code to make a dol or something?

Xras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Could this freeimage also be used in the other loaders, so we don't need to have a set size for the images?

I mean, if freeimage could scale the images, it would solve the problem of images not showing up if they're incorrectly sized, not?

X

AppleBelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
There is no reason why any of the code any can't re-used by someone else, thats why i am providing the source. I'm sure someone else can do a much better job at this than me as well! I just had an idea and thought i would give it a try.

GEnick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
AppleBelly said:
R3 Source and dol: http://rapidshare.com/files/219727487/USBLoaderABr3.zip.html

About the small images
About the smaller images. I was trying to mess around with libpng to find a way to malke the images without having to have another set, but i couldn't find a way. So i have had to create smaller versions, they are 74% smaller. Size is 119*168.

PAL Download: http://rapidshare.com/files/219725511/PAL_Small.rar.html (400 small images)

The smaller images are stored in [SD Root]\images\small
The format of the name is "smallxxxx.png" the xxx being the game id.

Could someone re-upp these things? Or should we wait for a updatet version without the smaller images?
gbasp.gif

wiimano

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im just waitin on gettin the images from the site, so we dont have to use the sd card no more

keep it up mate, this ones lookin better and better

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Im a simple man.
29gndol.png

If you would only get rid of that console.. And do everything you possibly can to get rid of the need for resized images on SD card.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Hi Applebelly.

Any luck with what might be causing my problem with loading the images to the left and right?

Also I was asking if I need the menu.c file or anything like that in my folders or are they just for the coders out there.

basically all I have is in my apps folder: sd:/apps/usbloader2/boot.dol and for images sd:/images/small/ does that sound corrrect?

blackbrew

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
abc.moc
XP
Country
Netherlands
this absolutely fabulous, grate work
just a thought thu can you use the images or the video in the ISO of the game ? like the disk channel

Wii_Manic

Trophies
XP
Country
Grrr.... Im Still Only Getting The Middle Image. On Applebelly's i get the middle and thats it and on nIxx's i get the middle but with large no image pics next to. Help!

For Applebelly's i have root/apps/usbloadergui/boot.dol and
root/images/small/smallxxxx.jpg and large in images with xxxx.jpg
Can someone confirm where nIxx's pics go?

Thx In Advance.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Wii_Manic

I just decided to put the small pics back into the small folder. I used the newest dol he had on here and it doesn't fix the images at the side. However by having the images in the small folder it stops the noimage from appearing to the left full size, which is what I am sure you were getting like I did.

What I think is happening with all this code stuff is that people are releasing bits of code that work but require you to have other stuff on your sd root. A lot of times I have downloaded a dol and it's come in a folder with extra stuff for makefile and menu.c and stuff like that and I'm always wondering what I am supposed to do with it all. In the end all I do is delete it all and only keep the boot.dol for the apps folder, then I just make my own images folder in the root and it's worked so far. Except this one thing.

As I say I am sure it's probably something simple, but the coders are forgetting that sometimes people like me are clueless when it comes to that and just need a really simplistic bit of direction. It's a pain in the ass but I am trying to contribute now with the image and stuff to show I appreciate their help in it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==