Hacking USB Loader with Multiple Boxart Images.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
www.shaunpauljohnston.com
XP
Country
I have updated the zip file to contain the R3 source now, so those who know how to tweak the loader can.

Also I have made a light version of the 7 image png,
bg7light.png

for those that don't want black. I will get the light information page made soon to match.

Uploaded to HERE

exilizer2k

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cdreams said:
I have updated the zip file to contain the R3 source now, so those who know how to tweak the loader can.

Also I have made a light version of the 7 image png,
bg7light.png

for those that don't want black. I will get the light information page made soon to match.

Uploaded to HERE

No offense, but in my opinion the Font somehow interferes with the background... Could you make the gray shape bigger so the font is embedded there? Know what I mean?

AppleBelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Revision 8

Whats new?
- Built off Waninkoko USB/SD Loader version 1.4
- 7 Images now displayed (1 big 6 small)
- Cheat code system now working

All features:
- Downloads images off the internet
- Acts like cover flow
- Shows 7 games (1 big image, 6 small)
- Cheat code support
- Based off official loader 1.4

dsc01366vlq.jpg

Notes about this release:
- If you have used any prevous versions, please clear the sd:/usb-loader/small and sd:/usb-loader/covers folders except for the no image files
- Use the noimage files provided in the size.
- You must be on cios rev10
- You must have an internet connection set up, otherwise it will code dump
- The number 2 button doesn't do what the image says it does. No real need to add this.
- I've removed the install game and uninstall game. The install game is very slow on 1.3+ so use a prevous version of the official loader, and best to use the official loader to remove (v1.4+).

Any issues please let me know. Its not possible to test everything, so some aprts might not work.

Source and dol: http://www.theotherzone.com/wii/mirror/USBLoaderABr8c.zip

If anyone wants to use this code, you're more than welcome to!

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
I might remove the font and alter it to just say Wii and have it to the left below. I tried it and quite liked it. However I know some people prefer things centered, like my brother who insisted that it should be in the middle but I think for the white version it doesn't work as well. The black version is fine though.

Don Killah, I was uploading the webpage but it will be there now, sorry
biggrin.gif

pepperoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, awesome! Amazing how fast this has progressed. Good job.

Edit:

Since yours and Waninkoko's loader use the same usb-loader folder in the SDRoot, would it be possible for you to code it so that the background.png was named something different, like backgroundAB.png, because right now, waninkoko's loader looks all messed up because I changed the background.png file.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
@AppleBelly

I just saw that you mentioned that the 2 button doesn't work. Can you fix that please. It was working in my older loader, 56killer added it. Otherwise it's going to defeat the point of what I was trying to achieve in a sense.

UPDATE

AppleBelly, I just checked your files and I think something has happened that I was trying to avoid. You have used the old bg.png I made for the 7 images. The files you just uploaded, I downloaded them and checked your backgroundAB.png and it's based on the original image I had that was off. I have updated this a while ago and I sent you the link to the new one. Here is the difference just so you can see. I also think as a result your using the worng size smaller images for the 7 image that was planned.

Your backgroundAB.png
backgroundAB.png

and here is the one I modified with it properly aligned and with the box images to fit size of 64x90.
bg.png

AppleBelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cdreams said:
@AppleBelly

I just saw that you mentioned that the 2 button doesn't work. Can you fix that please. It was working in my older loader, 56killer added it. Otherwise it's going to defeat the point of what I was trying to achieve in a sense.

I didn't really see much point, with install and uninstall disabled the only two buttons it would show is A and home. Anyway if someone wants to add the menu to it, they are more than welcome to.

Anyone is more than welcome to use this source, even take it further than i have so far.

AppleBelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cdreams said:
OK updated the light version, looks better I think.

AppleBelly, can you make it an option to download images or not? Also it looks like there is a image loaded behind your main images? is that meant to be like that?
The image was corrupted whilst upload it looks like. You get the point though.

There might be better ways to do the download of image, maybe instead of forcing it to download, you press (1) instead over it. Maybe something for me to think about for the future.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
With regards to the 2 button, I understand what your saying, I was hoping to have the loader eventually have options you can enable or disable. So the point of the 2 button is for that situation. Then if you have Ocarina, Force options or anything, they are mapped to the other buttons and the second screen gives the information as to what is what.

I think that makes more sense. Even if Ocarina isn't able to be turned on or off, it's still good to have a screen giving information to what it is. When I first started on this site I never had a clue what Ocarina was, so I am sure there are others that are still new to it all that would like it there.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
AppleBelly, do you have msn and I can chat to you easier in there to discuss stuff I'm talking about, this is too slow and it ends up causing issues with new images and stuff like that. I was trying to avoid any issues with the new images, hence my anxiety to get it all done last night, but I guess we all got to sleep and so somethings been missed in translation.

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
ok some early feedback.
1 - always code dump while using the power off button.
2 - if a cover is not found online it displays the previous successfully loaded one, instead of displaying the big noimage cover...

i need to know which cover database you're using to see if the cover doesn't really exist there or if it's an internal bug.
by the way, i might get my hands on a menu_power_off_bug_fix snippet, so you might fix this buf really quick.

Here's what to be done (full credit to Jacobeian):

Jacobeian said:
in sys.c

replace

Code:
void __Sys_ResetCallback(void)
{
ÂÂÂÂ/* Reboot console */
ÂÂÂÂSys_Reboot();
}

void __Sys_PowerCallback(void)
{
ÂÂÂÂ/* Poweroff console */
ÂÂÂÂSys_Shutdown();
}

with:

Code:
u8 Reboot = 0;
u8 Shutdown = 0;

void __Sys_ResetCallback(void)
{
ÂÂÂÂ/* Reboot console */
ÂÂReboot = 1;
}

void __Sys_PowerCallback(void)
{
ÂÂÂÂ/* Poweroff console */
ÂÂShutdown = 1;
}

in sys.h:

add
Code:
extern u8 Reboot;
extern u8 Shutdown;

in wpad.c, Wpad_WaitButtons function:

add
Code:
if (Reboot) Sys_Reboot();
if (Shutdown) Sys_Shutdown();

in the while loop, just before
Code:
buttons = Wpad_GetButtons();

Source:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=147...t&p=1891193

pepperoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I get an "Abort called" error and then it returns back to the HBC after I downloaded box art for almost all of the games. I got it when I was going through the files, downloading box art, going left, and then I tried going right, and box art downloading still worked until I got an error there, too.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
For AppleBelly especially, but also anyone else who can implement the following;

Button Configuration:

A = Select Game

B = Cancel

D-pad = Use the D-pad to scroll left or right through installed games. When using options use up and down to select the option you want to turn on/off

Button1 = Brings up options to turn on/off Ocarina Codes and Auto Download of box images

plus (+) = turn on (Ocarina/Auto Downloads)
minus (-) = turn off (Ocarina/Auto Downloads)

Button2 = Use button 2 to switch between the Main Page and the Instructions Page

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
AppleBelly said:
cdreams said:
@AppleBelly

I didn't really see much point, with install and uninstall disabled the only two buttons it would show is A and home. Anyway if someone wants to add the menu to it, they are more than welcome to.

Anyone is more than welcome to use this source, even take it further than i have so far.
Shame I can't code -.-...this is so far the nicest-looking loader...Just my tips:

-Forsaken made a great online-downloading, look here in the source:
http://sharebee.com/e72240a2

In this you'll maybe also find some other great things, which would be awesome...(Game renaming via Config, Configurations, Force, etc...). I think I'll ask if it wouldn't be possible that someone could merge this loaders...(Functions from Ultimate, Style/Layout from that one..). I want to use this one here, but still some features are missing...
frown.gif

mainnine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tried the latest version and doesn't work, doesnt load the bg image, it shows waninkoko's loader and then code dumps when u try to do anything

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Zynthrodak @ Zynthrodak: @SylverReZ Yeah i tried that and the batteries arent dying theyre brand new