Hacking USB Loader with Multiple Boxart Images.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cdreams said:
Don Killah

Are you able to add the option to disable the Auto Downloading for now though? Keep it in the loader but turn it off for now until it's fixed, but have the option there to switch on or off.

I will work on new Information pages and layout for it, with information on what does what. If you could work around the button config I listed earlier then that would be ideal. This way it allows for any number of options to be included and added and still uses the same config of buttons.

Also please make sure Button 2 switches between the main page (bg.png) and Information page(bgrear.png).

I'm making a folder of files in the right places and will create a package of it all when we have it done so people have it all ready to rock and roll. As it stands my images are in sd:/images/
and sd:/images/small/

I uploded all covers for anyone that wants to use them.
All covers in different formats can be fund here:

64x90 fund here http://sharebee.com/e63fe933
120x168 fund here http://sharebee.com/a712af52
160x225 fund here http://sharebee.com/4d12ab0d

Hope that helps you guys. I am not a coder but I would try to help as much as I can.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cdreams said:
That is because the background AppleBelly included in his zip file was the old one. Check my site for the newest ones HERE

Cdreams, link does not work:

The page you tried to access does not exist on this server. This page may not exist due to the following reasons:

You are the owner of this web site and you have not uploaded (or incorrectly uploaded) your web site. For information on uploading your web site using FTP client software or web design software, click here for FTP Upload Information.

The URL that you have entered in your browser is incorrect. Please re-enter the URL and try again.

The Link that you clicked on incorrectly points to this page. Please contact the owner of this web site to inform them of this situation.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
www.shaunpauljohnston.com
XP
Country
You sure. I just checked it and it's working.

I will put here just in case people are having issues with my site.

bg.png

bgrear.png

bglight.png

bgrearlight.png

As stated before, I will be working on the information page for the black version to match the light version. Will have it up later though so use the tempt one for now.

cdreams

Trophies
Website
www.shaunpauljohnston.com
XP
Country
Ok then I think AppleBelly has done what I feared he might. He has coded the loader with the older image with was off by a few pixels, so if your using the new images then it's going to be off I assume.

Can someone who's working on the coding, use the new images please and make sure that the positions are correct for the boxart.

Cheers.

skfields01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noticed that the new 7 Box Loaded uses 1.4, which in return needs Rev10. All I can find is Rev10 first release. It had bugs in it. Has anyone found rev10 second version? If so can someone PM me in the right direction.

pepperoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
skfields01 said:
noticed that the new 7 Box Loaded uses 1.4, which in return needs Rev10. All I can find is Rev10 first release. It had bugs in it. Has anyone found rev10 second version? If so can someone PM me in the right direction.
Rev10 didn't have any bugs, USB Loader 1.2 did, and those bugs are now gone in 1.4

Rev10 second version doesn't exist.

exilizer2k

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
skfields01 said:

Why not d/l from waninkokos blog? http://www.teknoconsolas.es/blogs/waninkoko

[EDIT]
Thx tj_cool for correcting the typo :-)

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

AppleBelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cdreams said:
Ok then I think AppleBelly has done what I feared he might. He has coded the loader with the older image with was off by a few pixels, so if your using the new images then it's going to be off I assume.

Can someone who's working on the coding, use the new images please and make sure that the positions are correct for the boxart.

Cheers.

Please modify your images to use what the loader uses. The reason for this is:

a) Your boxes were too small, something like 62*86, instead of 64*90.
b) The art has to be placed at certain locations, i believe they have to be located at a x that is divisable by 2. Otherwise it would code dump. This was the type of funny issues that really slowed me down.

If you can make a image that shows exactly where the box art are now and then that can be the default placeholder for this loader.

cdreams, i know you're helping out a lot with this usb loader, but please try to understand that some of the stuff you are suggesting isn't easy to do (even if someone else has done it before). Also all the art work should be based upon the loader, not the loader having to be modified for your images, it a real pain in the arse. If you do want to release a different version of this loader with a different layout (even by a few pixals), then you need to code that yourself, not bug people to do it for you. This isn't a moan at you, as i do like some of the ideas you have come up with, especially the 7 image one, but just try to be a b it more patient and a bit mroe understanding.

Also i believe there might be a memory leak. The following code needs adding to the bottom of gui.c (replace what is already in the /* Free memory */) section:

CODEÂÂÂÂif (imgData != coverImg)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂfree(imgData);
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂif (imgData1 != coverImg)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂfree(imgData1);
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂif (imgData2 != coverImg)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂfree(imgData2);
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂif (imgData3 != coverImg)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂfree(imgData3);
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂif (imgData4 != coverImg)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂfree(imgData4);
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂif (imgData5 != coverImg)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂfree(imgData1);
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂif (imgData6 != coverImg)
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂfree(imgData1);

pepperoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
AppleBelly said:
you two guys on cios rev 10?
I am..

Like I said, I only get it after I scroll all the way in either direction. It does it right before it's about to show Prince of Persia: Rival Swords.

Don Killah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
ok, i'm posting this with my cellphone just to tell you that i've managed to get the config file to work with this version.
more news when i get home...

pepperoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Don Killah said:
ok, i'm posting this with my cellphone just to tell you that i've managed to get the config file to work with this version.
more news when i get home...
Awesome! I can't wait to see what you've done.

geedub

Trophies
XP
Country
geedub said:
AppleBelly said:
you two guys on cios rev 10?

yes i sure am mate , but i will just go and re-install , to make sure

no problem still here

dunno if this will help but , it happens when i scroll left 33 times ( mario kart ) and 25 right ( indiana jones lego )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh