Gaming USB Memory Support

Jotokun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While I'm definitely interested, it sounds like it has the same restrictions as a memory unit. Meaning it can do everything a HDD can do... except original xbox games(They require the HD for caching, and MS would be idiotic to do that on a flash device). I would love to be proven wrong though.

It might make hacking easier... but I wouldn't hold my breath on it.

ByteMunch

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Joe88 said:
"xbox brand flash drives"

cant wait to see how overpriced these are
Extremely overpriced! Link

Oh, and possibly making hacking easier... Like put Full Game File on USB, burn the 1st ring of a disc, as that's all it needs to run stored games?

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I been reading about this for over a week now. It requires the flash drive to be at least 1gb. Why? The reason is about 568mb will be used for system files. You can also use a harddrive. However the limit is still 16gb with another 568mb being stolen for the system. The rest can be used for whatever file system you prefer. In other other words, the remaining can be used for your pc and other non-xb360 related files.

Actually this will make gamertag and game save hacking more wide spread. You'll no longer need a usb adapter for your hdd. Just use the flash drive instead.

I wouldn't be surpised, if they eventually take away third party flash drive support. They blocked third party MUs after all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea is sad. His 2 movies were good. Informative about our food industry.