Hacking Used Waninikoko Updater to 4.0 trying to install cios v9 error -2011

dimmujed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get cios v9 to install. It patches the wad and then error's when trying to install ticket. I installed homebrew channel on a virgin 3.4u wii, and then used waninikoko's updater. Now what!?

games2007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is cios v9 used for?
Is that for the USB loader??

Maybe you should try downgrading to 3.2 using the Any Region Changer.
I don't get cIOS installing failures with it, so I stay on that version.

dimmujed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
games2007 said:
What is cios v9 used for?
Is that for the USB loader??

Maybe you should try downgrading to 3.2 using the Any Region Changer.
I don't get cIOS installing failures with it, so I stay on that version.

Does that work on Waninikoko 4.0? Also Can I use IOS Downgrader? Anyone?

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
dimmujed said:
I can't get cios v9 to install. It patches the wad and then error's when trying to install ticket. I installed homebrew channel on a virgin 3.4u wii, and then used waninikoko's updater. Now what!?

Let me clarify, you used Waninkoko's updater to upgrade to 4.0 BEFORE installing CIOSv9? ret -2011 means you have no CIOS installed. If you didn't install CIOS first before 4.0, you are pwned like me...

anonymous_cactus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you are supposed to do ciosv9 BEFORE 4.0. You will not be able to install ANY wads now. right now you are screwed until a new exploit is found... bit looks like nintendo did a good job this time around. You will **NOT** be able to downgrade. A simple mistake, but it could haunt you for awhiile, unfortunately.

I just ended up buying a new (used) wii on ebay with 3.2u firmware on it... and will sell off the old one. -- clearly will not make the same mistake again though. Hopefully a fix comes soon, though, as I feel for everyone who made this mistake.

dimmujed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anonymous_cactus said:
you are upposed to do ciosv9 BEFORE 4.0. You will not be able to install ANY wads now. right now you are screwed until a new exploit is found... bit looks like nintendo did a good job this time around.

I just ended up buying a new wii... clearly will not make the same mistake. Hopefully a fix comes soon, though, as I feel for everyone who made this mistake.

But I used Waninkoko's installer, which leaves bugs open in some of the IOS, so there must be a way to downgrade.

anonymous_cactus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nope. not right now. in 3.3 and 3.4 there were ways to downgrade to 3.2... but without the cios you cannot do so on 4.0 since nintendo did a good job at blocking it with the latest firmware. I had the exact problem, did the patched update, but no CIOS. I've been watching this issue like a hawk for the past 5 days, there have been at least 8 threads on it in these forums of people who have made thevmistake, and I have talked to many in the community who have tried, but not yet found a solution.

Sucks, but true.

Praxis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dimmujed, that's why ALL of the guides say to install cIOS *before* upgrading to 4.0.
If you don't install cIOS first, you can't install anything else once you're on 4.0.

dimmujed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Praxis said:
dimmujed, that's why ALL of the guides say to install cIOS *before* upgrading to 4.0.
If you don't install cIOS first, you can't install anything else once you're on 4.0.

Well I was on 3.4u and i tried to but it wouldn't install, as it was a virgin wii with only the HBC. So I figured the Waninikoko updater, which does more than just update the wii (right?) would let me install it, or be able to downgrade.

QUOTE(JJBro1 @ Apr 1 2009, 01:51 AM) when you guys say cios9 are you referring to cios36rev9?

Yes

anonymous_cactus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
blink.gif
well let me know when you a (working) solution...

If you've read through the forums the past few days like I have, you would know that there are many of us here looking for a solution, around 5-6 threads of people who talk about the same exact problem, and there are also many highly respectable people in the community who have been trying like mad coming up with a solution for us and our mistake, but have not had luck. i'm not saying it wont come anytime, i'm saying it does not exist right now. period. I have a list of people from these forums who I will contact when a solution is found because I know they are in the same situation. We are ALL waiting.

dimmujed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anonymous_cactus said:
blink.gif
well let me know when you find the solution...
rolleyes.gif

making more threads isn't going to help anything. If you've actually read through the forums, you would know that there are many of us here looking for a solution, there are also many highly respectable people in the community who have been trying like mad coming up with a solution for us, but have not had luck. i'm not saying it wont come anytime, i'm saying it does not exist right now. period. I have a list of people from these forums who I will contact when a solution is found because I know they are in the same situation. We are ALL waiting.

What about this "preloader" thing people keep posting, would that work?

Diffusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since you used Wanin's method, you might still be able to install IOS16... unless wanin's installer installs the new version.

-Install IOS16 from wad
- Use IOS16 Wad Manager to install a cios wad
-Install cIOS rev9

keyra

Spoderman self proclamed fan
Trophies
XP
Country
France
QUOTE said:
Since you used Wanin's method, you might still be able to install IOS16... unless wanin's installer installs the new version.

-Install IOS16 from wad
-Install cIOS rev9

yup or :
-Install IOS16 from wad
- Use IOS16 Wad Manager to install ciosfix
- install cios fix then you can install cios rev 9

(had to do it for a friend yesterday)

dimmujed

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
keyra said:
QUOTE said:

-Install IOS16 from wad
-Install cIOS rev9

yup or :
-Install IOS16 from wad
- Use IOS16 Wad Manager to install ciosfix
- install cios fix then you can install cios rev 9

(had to do it for a friend yesterday)

Thanks a bunch dudes, this totally worked!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    May just order a 5700g for a nas/emulation set up tbh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast you were asleep on 4/20
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, you played that Mario flash game called Mario 63?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, No, but I've seen it on Vinesauce's stream.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that game is one of the reasons i met newgrounds bc the full versión of it is in that site
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Also somebody is remaking it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, the other game where I found newgrounds is new york shark
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Spoke to Tom Fulp the other day, if he can find his old Newgrounds site content like the mini Flash animations from the 2000's that played on the portal.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So far no response, but he did say that he'll find them. Wayback Machine doesn't have em.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast the 1999 versión of pico's school is avaliable (the difference between it, the 2006 versión and the 2016 versión is that the speed of the game depends of the speed of your computer and that it had the og soundtrack)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Another being Pico VS Bear, the original 1999 version before Jim Henson filed a DMCA takedown.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    The 2006 versión was made when the flash portal was made
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many people thought it was lost, but was discovered that he hid it on the same page.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, although the "secrets" system where the game was has been removed. Also pico vs uberkids had a netplay versión that was shutdown, although the swf file has been found
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Nope. There are two download buttons on the same page, where you can download the original under a file called "bear.exe". "bear2.exe", however, is the updated game in a Flash projector. P.s. this was on the archived Pico page from 2000.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's been there for a long time, too. People who search for lost media don't look hard enough lmao.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, also the pico 2 demos used to be only for the newgrounds patrons but they are on internet archive too (https://archive.org/download/picos_school_2)
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Iirc the demos were removed from newgrounds in 2022
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, or well only the demo with mindchamber's style was on newgrounds
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Fun fact @SylverReZ: iirc one of the goals on the fnf Kickstarter stated that pico 2 would be finished but the Kickstarter didnt get enough money for that goal to be fullfiled
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, FNF sucks, their community is toxic as hell.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ its a single player game
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @SylverReZ its a single player game