Hacking Using R4 to fix bricked Acekard 2i???

chaosboi007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if it was possible to use an R4 like the original R4 revolution for DS or DS Lite and use it to update my bricked Acekard 2i? If so, how? Like I was reading around the forum and saw some people try and use other flash carts to update their bricked Acekards but how would you do that because doesnt the flashcart have to use a different .nds file to update it than an acekard one, wouldnt it corrupt the flashcart you are using, so the R4 in this case??? Please reply back

chaosboi007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
soo since i bricked it from accidentally turning my dsi off means that its nothing now, absolutely no way to fix it? Would it work if it was an AK Clone?

litobro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure, but you could try the version which does batch updates(DSL?) and run the file, swap out the card, and hit the designated key. Don't blame me if it gets worse though. I'm not a reliable source on using a different type of card.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Theoretically, if the developers coded an updater that runs in a Slot 2 device, and checks what's in slot 1, you could potentially unbrick a lot of flashcarts.
Acekard 2i and CycloDS come to mind.

chaosboi007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
You can launch the ak2i 1.4 updater for dslite from your r4 swap carts and reflash your ak2i. Simple.

but couldnt using a different firmware updater possibly mess up the r4? Unless your referring to when it asks to take out the cart then inserting it again before pressing B, would it work that way? Also, right now I have like the original R4 that only works for the original DS and DSL, do you think it would be able to update my acekard 2i still?

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
chaosboi007 said:
Normmatt said:
You can launch the ak2i 1.4 updater for dslite from your r4 swap carts and reflash your ak2i. Simple.

but couldnt using a different firmware updater possibly mess up the r4? Unless your referring to when it asks to take out the cart then inserting it again before pressing B, would it work that way? Also, right now I have like the original R4 that only works for the original DS and DSL, do you think it would be able to update my acekard 2i still?

No it waits for the user to press a before attempting to write anything to the cart just swap carts before pressing 'a'

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo,