Hardware Using the d-pad as analog stick and vice-versa

YukidaruPunch

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
First of all, long story short: virtually all I play on my 3DS right now is Animal Crossing, so precision isn't really that big a deal.

I bought a used old 3DS last year and took good care of it, as I always do with my electronics, but 2 or 3 days ago I noticed the analog stick began acting a little off. To put it bluntly, it seems like the rubber thingy on the analog became loose. I can now rotate it around, and it looks a bit drab if I hold the 3ds vertically. The rubber thingy isn't anywhere near coming off or even damaged, however - it's just not as tightly gripped on the plastic underneath as it used to be. I'm pretty sure it just moved a bit back and forth before, but it sure as hell didn't rotate. I'm not familiar if this is a well-known problem or sign of usage or not.

I'd like to use the D-pad for most Animal Crossing play sessions, then, but the game doesn't give me that option. Is there any way, be it by homebrew or any other acessibility whatever, that I can use the D-pad as analog and vice versa on certain games? I'm running Luma CFW, not sure the version, but I'm pretty sure it was the latest released last year, so (I believe) it's 10.0.1.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, long story short: virtually all I play on my 3DS right now is Animal Crossing, so precision isn't really that big a deal.

I bought a used old 3DS last year and took good care of it, as I always do with my electronics, but 2 or 3 days ago I noticed the analog stick began acting a little off. To put it bluntly, it seems like the rubber thingy on the analog became loose. I can now rotate it around, and it looks a bit drab if I hold the 3ds vertically. The rubber thingy isn't anywhere near coming off or even damaged, however - it's just not as tightly gripped on the plastic underneath as it used to be. I'm pretty sure it just moved a bit back and forth before, but it sure as hell didn't rotate. I'm not familiar if this is a well-known problem or sign of usage or not.

I'd like to use the D-pad for most Animal Crossing play sessions, then, but the game doesn't give me that option. Is there any way, be it by homebrew or any other acessibility whatever, that I can use the D-pad as analog and vice versa on certain games? I'm running Luma CFW, not sure the version, but I'm pretty sure it was the latest released last year, so (I believe) it's 10.0.1.
Replace the analog stick

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

Yeah I had the same thing with my old 3DS, the rubber thing just eventually fell off and now I use it with that plastic part of it only and it's still perfectly fine
You can probably somehow do that dpad/analog stick swap with luma inputredirecton somehow but I know nothing about it and it's probably hard to set up

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3