Hardware Wavebird/Classic Controller Alternative...

pimpyT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read the review the other day on IGN, (available here) and it seems like a great controller. It retails for the same as the classic controller, but it also can play GC games since it technically is more of a wavebird replacement, than a classic controller (they say that in the review).

Well, I looked it up online and found it available through Dell Business for $16.99. They're having a sale until Dec. 13th, which gives you 15% off, and free shipping. After tax, I'm having this delivered for only $14.41. I thought I would share the knowledge with the GBAtemp community...

Dell's Website

Icarus

fire walk with me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would say, try to get this and a Wavebird. I know they're really hard to come by but try your luck on Craigslist. I've got 2 Wavebirds, one from Craigslist and other was from a local Gamestop[He was actually packing it and I was lucky to see it and bought it immidiately xD] Both was around 20 bucks only which was great. They're working perfect.

This one on the other hand would be really good for VC games because of the button layout. Gamecube Controller's button layout is really annoying for VC games.

Tommy_T

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
According to the Dell website (Link on First Post) It works for Virtual console and Gamecube.

"The T-Wireless NW is the first programmable and vibrating wireless gamepad allowing users to play Virtual Console, GameCube and Wii games on the Wii!"

Lacrimosa

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
It's basically a Wavebird, IMO bad because it doesn't work with Geometry Wars.

Sorry, but wrong.
wink.gif
This controller is perfect. You can use it for Wii games (instead of the classic controller), for Gamecube games and for virtual console games.
smile.gif

I hope I can buy it soon in Europe.
wub.gif

pimpyT

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[/quote]
Sorry, but wrong.
wink.gif
This controller is perfect. You can use it for Wii games (instead of the classic controller), for Gamecube games and for virtual console games.
smile.gif

[/quote]

My sentiments exactly. I'll be sure to post my thoughts on it once it arrives and once I get some VC or GC games.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its jsut a gamecube pad with the Classic Controller design.
It looks good and for twenty bucks its a good bargain considering it works for more than just the VC games and the like.

However, since its limited to the GCN port its gonna be missing about three buttons that would be needed for 08 WiiWare games and the like.

Though for those of us that have said "I wana play GCN games with the classic controller!" We now have our answer to that small delema.

Yet I still wish someone would make a Classic Controller to GCN port adapter already. I doubt nintendo will even grant us that use. It makes so much sense though.

Cant wait to see real third party Classic Controller replacments
Oh how I long to see a programable Saturn pad. :3

This pad I think I might just pick up if I see it jsut for the novelty.

Gifted1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read the review the other day on IGN, (available here) and it seems like a great controller. It retails for the same as the classic controller, but it also can play GC games since it technically is more of a wavebird replacement, than a classic controller (they say that in the review).

Well, I looked it up online and found it available through Dell Business for $16.99. They're having a sale until Dec. 13th, which gives you 15% off, and free shipping. After tax, I'm having this delivered for only $14.41. I thought I would share the knowledge with the GBAtemp community...

Dell's Website

Thank you. For some reason it's been hard for me to find a wavebird controller thats not $20 or less. Even used ones. This is perfect. Thanks.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah this is good for that Multi Boot rom disc that's out. It's got the nes, snes, sms, genesis, tg-16 emulators on it and all the games for each system. but it requires yo to use a GC controller.
Which makes it apain

Gifted1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ordered mines so I'll see how it works out. Had to also buy some rechargeable AAA batteries since it doesnt comes with any.

Bob Loblaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Bob Loblaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
modchip

it's technically a gamecube ISO someone put together with gcos except it's too big for a gamecube to read so it's for wii only. It's 2gb so even with a modded GC with open top the laser stops reading after the 1.36gb point on the disc.

this controller is perfect for that

diglett

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, but wrong.Â
wink.gif
This controller is perfect. You can use it for Wii games (instead of the classic controller), for Gamecube games and for virtual console games.Â
smile.gif

I believe you are mistaken. It should work with Wii games that support gamecube controllers, but not in games that don't such as Geometry Wars. This is what the poster you quoted was pointing out.

That said, it does seem like a good Wavebird substitute considering that they have become scarce lately.

avant1277

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mine just arrived today. I bought a couple for the sole purpose of playing the gamecube homebrew emulators e.g. snes, megadrive, neo-geo cd. they are definitely more comfortable for me than using a wavebird.

the only gripe so far after an hour of playing rolling thunder 2 on the megadrive emulator is that with the d-pad it does a diaganol direction e.g down+right when I thought I was just pressing right. I expect that with a few more hours my fingers will get more accurate.

the size is ok for me, it did feel small when I first held it, but when I started playing I didn't notice any problem at all.

I've not tried any gamecube games with it yet, but for emu usage I'd give it a thumbs up. Probably worth having a go with one first before you buy.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm in the market for exactly this. Trouble is, Dell is saying "usually ships in 6+ weeks"
wacko.gif

Any other shops have this besides Dell? J&R (jr.com) is showing it as a "coming soon" item.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/sg0D1PpgCXs?si=rnzM6Df7jeL6FiPz