What would happend if I deleted this folder?

Zonix

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What would happend if I deleted my "system32" folder? I've heard that it makes your computer faster, is this true?

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
XP SP2 wouldn't let you delete it anyway.
wink.gif

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Why on the earth WHY?!

If you are desperate to see what it does then do it on a computer you want to kill. Believe if it's installed with SP2, it wouldn't let you anyway as I mentioned above. I tried.
biggrin.gif

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Your computer woudn't boot properly. Most likely an error demanding for essential files in order to run essential services.... like explorer.

TheStump

Got Wood?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
source have CONFIRMED it to work 65% faster (give or take, depending on hardware) after the deletion of the 'System32' folder.
Remember kids, break the rules, Jesus did, and look where that got him...oh shit

bug2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
TheStump said:
source have CONFIRMED it to work 65% faster (give or take, depending on hardware) after the deletion of the 'System32' folder.
Remember kids, break the rules, Jesus did, and look where that got him...oh shit
Can I see this source of yours?
Because as far as I know, MS-DOS isn't capable of utilizing the system power. So even if you can get it to boot to DOS afterwards, it wouldn't be faster.

Then again, maybe you are going to boot into something else... But that's another story.

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nathilius said:
What would happend if I deleted my "system32" folder? I've heard that it makes your computer faster, is this true?
I don't think you can delete it, atleast not the files in use (Which are all files Windows need to run because those are always active)

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Actually you can't even delete it. Windows usually don't let you do that. Incase you are able to delete it, you'll most likely need to reinstall windows.

notnarb

Not narbing it up
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You need windows optimizer 08 to easily delete the folder, but as previously mentioned, it severely messes up your computer. The rumor that deleting system32 speeds up your computer coupled with WO were probably meant to filter out some newfags on 4chan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right...