Gaming What would have to change?

notmeanymore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen plenty of Xbox One hate, but I haven't seen people say what Microsoft could change to make the console more appealing. There's the obvious reasons and the not so obvious reasons, and I think venting it out would be a boon to us and Microsoft (lol as if they read GBAtemp).

I'll start by saying that I would be happy buying an Xbox One without used games, lending, trading, gifting, etc, if the Xbox Live Marketplace had sales as good as Steam sales for games people actually want. I save up for 6 months every year in preparation for Steam sale, I'd be alright doing it for Xbox One too.

Reactions: WhiteMaze

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1) General anti consumer bullshit that is known as DRM.
2) The in-cohesive used gaem policy which still lacks clarification and is very anti consumer.
3) The whole "share with ten friends gaems," malarkey lacks explanation and clarification.
4) The majority of the TV/media functionality is geared towards the US. There has been nothing concrete about other regions so I can't even use their pointless gimmick cum selling point.
4) The price. Sony are offering a more powerful system for significantly cheaper.
5) Kinect. Where I gaem, I do not have enough room to use it. Ergo it useless to me yet it is being bundled even though many people out there will lack the space to use it. And Kinect adds to price so in effect, if I wanted an Xbone I have to waste £80 on a device I do not care for and cannot even use if I wanted to.

Reactions: WiiUBricker

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd just like them to stop being so anti-consumer. You shouldn't treat consumers as stupid sheep who are too stupid to see that you're trying to help them.

Also the always on kinect raises concerns, can't wait to see the inevitable shitstorm when that gets hacked or whatever.

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'll start by saying that I would be happy buying an Xbox One without used games, lending, trading, gifting, etc, if the Xbox Live Marketplace had sales as good as Steam sales for games people actually want. I save up for 6 months every year in preparation for Steam sale, I'd be alright doing it for Xbox One too.

The day this happens, I give up every kind of hack and CFW's altogether. But I'm not seeing Microsoft "losing" this much money.

Both Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft refuse to follow the Steam example, when regarding prices. They keep selling their systems and games at ridicullous prices and often out of reach for people that cannot spend much money on these things. However I'll say this: they will "lose" an enormous amount of consumers. Me included. And when they finally decide to enter the "low-budget" competition, it will be too late.

I hope I'm wrong, but that is what I see happening.:mellow:

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Everything would have to change for me to even consider a "day one" purchase by me. The online drm checks, the price point, and the Kinect bs would all have to go.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
DRM, Cloud rubbish,annoying Ads, Apps hipster rubbish, Kinect, Television.

If I get an XBone, then I prolly won't even use 90% of the features.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1