Gaming Why Ys Seven is THE game that would give you a reason to get a PSP

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dissidia: Final Fantasy (Duocecim) is my reason to get a PSP because those games have never been re-released and the modern reboot was terrible.

Meanwhile, Ys 7 is on PC/Steam and is amazing with the enhancements.

PacBunnyXV07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dissidia doesn't have enough content for me to play it all the way through.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Dissidia: Final Fantasy (Duocecim) is my reason to get a PSP because those games have never been re-released and the modern reboot was terrible.

Meanwhile, Ys 7 is on PC/Steam and is amazing with the enhancements.
I never played that version, exactly what are the enchantments does it has?

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dissidia doesn't have enough content for me to play it all the way through.

I never played that version, exactly what are the enchantments does it has?
What? Dissidia 012: Duodecim has PLENTY of content to get through.

You can check it out on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/587100/Ys_SEVEN/
But basically:
This original PC port presents the game in full upscaled HD with a wide variety of resolution options, smooth 60 fps gameplay, full Steamworks integration featuring a variety of new achievements, and even a revised localization to ensure players receive the most immersive gaming experience possible.
Combat feels very nice and fluid at 60fps+ so it's practically a whole new experience from PSP to PC. Same goes for Ys VIII and Ys: Memories of Celceta PC.

Last edited by NyaakoXD,

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
But is yours a question or a personal consideration? I also like the YS series, but the PSP has many other JRPGs just as beautiful and exciting (e.g. Legend or Heroes series).

Useless the comparisons with the pc and its games, with which the PSP has nothing to do, being its major advantage the portability, lightness, convenience of use, finally the possibility to play connected to the TV.

d'accordo.gif

PacBunnyXV07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But is yours a question or a personal consideration? I also like the YS series, but the PSP has many other JRPGs just as beautiful and exciting (e.g. Legend or Heroes series).

Useless the comparisons with the pc and its games, with which the PSP has nothing to do, being its major advantage the portability, lightness, convenience of use, finally the possibility to play connected to the TV.

View attachment 273287
Both because I feel Ys Seven is one of the best psp games because its a genuine game that was made for that handheld while some of the first party games feel like trying to put a console game onto a handheld to the point it feels lackluster like Rachet & Clank Size Matters.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What? Dissidia 012: Duodecim has PLENTY of content to get through.

You can check it out on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/587100/Ys_SEVEN/
But basically:

Combat feels very nice and fluid at 60fps+ so it's practically a whole new experience from PSP to PC. Same goes for Ys VIII and Ys: Memories of Celceta PC.
As in the amount of stages and characters in the game where I compared it to Sonic Riders. Also the omega versions of the stages, thats not new content. Yes Dissidia 012 did more and I like the Overworld yet its just a bunch of repetitive battles where they could of did more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1