Action-RPG 'That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime ISEKAI Chronicles' to launch in August

slime game.jpg

Bandai Namco has announced the action-RPG title That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime ISEKAI Chronicles. For the occasion, a trailer was aired:

In That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime ISEKAI Chronicles, players will follow leader Rimuru Tempest and companions as they build a nation, the Jura Tempest Federation, from the ground up and develop it. This 2D side-scrolling RPG follows the original story, including the encounters with the Kijin and the battle against the Kingdom of Falmuth, making it a great way for newcomers to discover the universe. It also includes two additional exclusive stories supervised by the original author, Fuse. Players can expect new characters designed by the original illustrator of the series to go along with these new stories, creating a fresh experience that longtime fans will be sure to enjoy!

Leaving town, players will discover the world of Tempest through exploration, where heated battles against foes and bosses await alongside dynamic combos and techniques from the anime. They will also be able to take on sub-quests when back in town, helping their companions, strengthening their relationships and fighting skills at the same time.

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime ISEKAI Chronicles is set to release on 8th August 2024 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch and PC.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

NitroRevolutionNX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The title of this anime was always weird to me. It gives me: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? vibes. I haven't seen it yet so i can't judge if it's good or not.

Thejax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The title of this anime was always weird to me. It gives me: Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? vibes. I haven't seen it yet so i can't judge if it's good or not.
I feel like it’s a trend of “long awkward names” actually. I was also bored and looked up that it is an exact translation of the Japanese title, but also in Japan it’s labeled as “Regarding Reincarnated to Slime”

seseiSeki

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I feel like it’s a trend of “long awkward names” actually. I was also bored and looked up that it is an exact translation of the Japanese title, but also in Japan it’s labeled as “Regarding Reincarnated to Slime”
For a while it was pretty common for light novels to get these long and awkward names, which then get turned into manga and so on. Haven't seen that many recently, so the trend seems to be regressing?
One of my favorites is: "Wakamono no Kuro Mahou Hanare ga Shinkoku desu ga, Shuushoku shite Mitara Taiguu Iishi, Shachou mo Tsukaima mo Kawaikute Saikou desu!" which got translated to "Though Young People Recoil From Entering the Black Magic Industry, I Found Its Treatment of Employees Quite Good When I Entered It, and the President and Familiar Are Cute Too So Everything Is Awesome!"
That is overly long and awkward :D

Last edited by seseiSeki,

MasterPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It is a trend indeed
"That time people became to lazy to read a synopsis on the back of the book, so we put the synopsis in the Title"

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Game looks decent. Battle system is like the 2D Tales of games. Guessing they are using the same engine. Makes sense since the Tales of games are from the same company.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sweet my friend Jess loved the manga/anime pretty sure he will like what BN is cooking up
Post automatically merged:

remember peeps captain N was truly the first ever Isekai (even if it was american made) before the japanese trend started overshadowed by 40 years almost (damn i'm old)

Last edited by chrisrlink,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
japan is the king of terrible names, IDK what started this trend over there but why are their titles always super long sentences or questions
The thing is super long English titles can be represented with only a few characters of Kanji. So in Japanese, the titles may not look excessively long, but they don't translate into English that well.
Also, the Japanese habit of just making the titles an exact description of what the media (game, anime, whatever) is about is rather lazy. English titles are usually more subtle than that, which makes direct translations of Japanese titles look weird.
Not everybody does it. My Hero Academia is a reasonable title in both English and Japanese. But it is extremely common for some reason. Especially in H-games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You woke sob +1