Wii #0448 - NiGHTS: Hoshi Furu Yoru no Monogatari (Japan)

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Ooh...looks nice.
Can't wait on US release...

And that's some shitty boxart, Thug
tongue.gif

/me changes boxart

dydy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
the game seem to be multi 5 languages + japanese in the options
biggrin.gif
....i have tested and game work fine on PAL with wiikey 1.9g...and the game look nice and fun^^

PS: The game use Wiimote and nunchuk and wiicontroller and controller gamecube
wink2.gif

Have a fun^^

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darn, seems the delay isnt gonna help any.
Tell me now so I can stop thinking about it.
How BAD does the my dream section look?
I know the scenery will look better, but it looks so dreamcast ish with the poor looking pians.
They look like Sonic Adventure one chaos (dreamcast version)

Oh well, atleast its a good game in the main gameplay spot, I know that for sure.
But if they arent gonna fix up the graphics then I might as well have it now with Japan >.<
I have the game reserved at the moment.

Cant wait to see the soundtrack CD pop up somewhere.

ddrrmm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's a cool game, some cutscenes suck a little..bad voice @ nights..other then that its cool to play nights again =]

Talvon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does this have any kind of update? Working brickblocked? I've never done a foreign update on my PAL machine like when metroid came out and I still don't want to do one now

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No update to my NTSC U console, which has been updated with SMG and latest online firmware. Game plays brilliantly from the quick half hour play I just did. I have no idea what's going on, but it's cool.

Soundtrack is brilliant.

Not sure what is up with the remote pointer for Wii Remote only control. Anyone else find the control for that to be weird? It's slow to respond and doesn't move across the whole screen. Is it supposed to be that way?

mooyah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not sure what is up with the remote pointer for Wii Remote only control. Anyone else find the control for that to be weird? It's slow to respond and doesn't move across the whole screen. Is it supposed to be that way?

Yup, I think its just trying to emulate an analog stick without the spring back to centre. Apparently most of the dudes making the game liked playing with the Gamecube controller.

Redsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country

ChrisRX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not sure what is up with the remote pointer for Wii Remote only control. Anyone else find the control for that to be weird? It's slow to respond and doesn't move across the whole screen. Is it supposed to be that way?

Yup, I think its just trying to emulate an analog stick without the spring back to centre. Apparently most of the dudes making the game liked playing with the Gamecube controller.
That would explain a lot. I was trying to play this this morning and the pointer doesn't seem to exactly follow the way you point. It's like they've tried to smooth out your pointer movements or something like that.
I quite like the nunchuk control though.

I've never played the saturn game so I didn't know what to expect. Nights' voice really annoys me, s/he sounds like s/he's been sucking helium. The pre-rendered cutscenes are amazing and the movement is so fluid and smooth but the other cutscenes are slightly jerky. Camera angles are a bit annoying and I keep missing those rings and blue things (not actually sure what they do).
And of course the soundtrack is amazing apart from the fact it should have been fully orchestrated.

Lacrimosa

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Another game that just kicks ass with classic controller.
biggrin.gif
At last they started adding support for other controllers.

I finished the first "world" (if you can call it like this) in the game and it's just amazing. The soundtrack is perfect and so far, the controls are great (I didn't try with the wiimote, just with the classic controller). The whole feeling of the game is very relaxing and very... dreamy.
tongue.gif

Go go Sega!
grog.gif
At last, we start having REAL 3rd party support.
bow.gif

Redsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
i do like it, i just think they have done a bit too much (ie story, weird voices) and it has taken some of the charm away.

Got stuck on chapter1-3 where you have to paraloop around those things getting sucked into the black hole or whatever. Seem to save a load but still get a game over.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Camera angles are a bit annoying and I keep missing those rings and blue things.
The game is great, but I have to admit the camera angles is not very good.
I'm missing a lot of things too.

On Saturn, nights went to the right, all was really good.

On Wii, Nights is not flying all to the right but to the right and a little to the foreground Edit : Background. It's really annoying
wacko.gif

mackem

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i do like it, i just think they have done a bit too much (ie story, weird voices) and it has taken some of the charm away.

Got stuck on chapter1-3 where you have to paraloop around those things getting sucked into the black hole or whatever. Seem to save a load but still get a game over.

The first proper level, when you walk through the door to a world, you have to chase a bird with a key on a time limit. Then you have to chase it again but harder on a time limit then you have to chase it again but harder on a time limit.

You then enter a boss level where you have to charge this clown ball up some sort of pinball table on a time limit. Fail this boss then you go all the way back to the beginning of the game and have to chase the three keys again. That's when I turned it off.

What the hell is that about?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to