Wii #0592 - Super Smash Bros Brawl (USA)

piepants

Trophies
Website
itspudding.com
XP
Country
Tragedies said:
Can someone please explain to me how Newsgroups works?

Do I pay a certain amount monthly and get fast download speeds for games and such?

And OzModChips is a great site.

Ok, the deal with newsgroups goes a little like this:

1. You sign up with a binary usenet provider like Supernews or Giganews, usually for about $10-15 a month depending on how much data you want to download
2. Set it up in a binary newsreader (Newsleecher is good under Windows)
3. Find what you want to download with a binary search site, Google knows of plenty
wink.gif
Download a NZB file (which is much like a torrent file, just tells the news reader where to get the data)
4. Load the NZB in your newsreader and let it run
5. Profit!!

You can also find files without using a NZB reader, but it's a little more difficult.

Edit: also no problems with ozmodchips here.. my D2CKey is still running like a charm
smile.gif

MrKuenning

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was lucky and found them open after trying every day for hald a year.

My internet is only 768kbs so I can easily max out at 85KB.

Takes about a day for a 4gb DVD.

Tragedies

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok thanks for explaining.

So what site should I go to that has the cheapest prices? Im a newbie ehre and only found out about Newsgroups.. well like an hour ago.

After I sign up, care to link me to where to go next? Im not as smart as you people when it comes to downloading games super fast. I just buy my Wii games from a pirater (if thats what they're called) for a few dollars. Heh.

piepants

Trophies
Website
itspudding.com
XP
Country
Tragedies said:
Ok thanks for explaining.

So what site should I go to that has the cheapest prices? Im a newbie ehre and only found out about Newsgroups.. well like an hour ago.

After I sign up, care to link me to where to go next? Im not as smart as you people when it comes to downloading games super fast. I just buy my Wii games from a pirater (if thats what they're called) for a few dollars. Heh.

I'm not sure where the cheapest prices are - my ISP (Internode) provides a binary usenet server for free
smile.gif

After you find one, grab a newsreader (you can get a trial of Newsleecher here). Then just google for a binary usenet search engine. I can tell you now though Brawl won't come up on any of them yet. (Well, not the Wiizard release at least - the IGB one is showing up for me, but it sounds way too fishy...)

Tragedies

Trophies
XP
Country
That seems a little complicated. Thanks for explaining but I think Ill just stick to buying Wii Games for 6 bucks. If you do the math, me downloading so many GBs costs more then 6 bucks anyway on my monthly usage fee.

Heh.

OzModChips

Trophies
XP
Country
MADKATZ99 said:
ozmodchips? I got an R4 from there and the service was crap!!!... It took a month for it to finally come!.. Being currently out of stock may have had somthing to do with it, but its the principle!
mad.gif

So ordering a out of stock item (an item on pre-order status) means you get it right away? Sounds like you are a bit of a pleb.

You actually sound like one of those customers that write order comments like 'PLEASE SEND ASAP I NEED THIS RIGHT NOW!!!', and then choose the cheapest and slowest postal option because your single mum is paying for it and spent most of her money at the pub trying to find a guy that will ignore the cigarette burns all over her body, and just love her for 'who I am'

A bit over the top, but we don't like to be rubbished
gbasp.gif

The Dementor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slightly off topic but www.Hitnews.eu offer 1 months newsgroup access for 6.50 euros with no d/l limit and 100 day retention. Been using them for a bout 6 months now and no problems.

Jaejae

Superfly Don't Used
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
OzModChips said:
MADKATZ99 said:
ozmodchips? I got an R4 from there and the service was crap!!!... It took a month for it to finally come!.. Being currently out of stock may have had somthing to do with it, but its the principle!
mad.gif

So ordering a out of stock item (an item on pre-order status) means you get it right away? Sounds like you are a bit of a pleb.

You actually sound like one of those customers that write order comments like 'PLEASE SEND ASAP I NEED THIS RIGHT NOW!!!', and then choose the cheapest and slowest postal option because your single mum is paying for it and spent most of her money at the pub trying to find a guy that will ignore the cigarette burns all over her body, and just love her for 'who I am'

gbasp.gif
Holy shit, that was AWESOME. Sounds like the sort of thing I would say IRL.
That is worth at least 50 points.

Tragedies

Trophies
XP
Country
Ownage right there.

Off topicness: Mario Kart pl0x.

I'ma play as Link when I finally manage to get Brawl x.x

Oh and why does Azuaras (sp) have the Infinity symbol when I tried downloading it via a torrent earlier? Some people wont live that long.

dydy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
what layerbreak you use for burn this ISO ??..thanks in advance
wink.gif

PS:

For those that have make the update on the version jap the update is obliged with the version us ?

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
OzModChips said:
MADKATZ99 said:
mad.gif

gbasp.gif

Don't ever change
happy.gif

I hold OzModChips in high regards, it's a great store (I am Australian myself though, bias, bias!
tongue.gif
)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I might download rayman revolution for my ps3