Wii #0721 - Top Spin 3 (Europe)

Neversoft

Trophies
XP
Country
berlinka said:
I don't care much for the graphics. I love a good tennis game so I tried this one tonight.
It's a load of shit. Unbelievable. In the beginning I thought the controls were difficult and annoying, but...after a while I got the hang of it and even understood that when you swing you can determine more or less the speed of your ball. And that works, you feel a little bzzzzz and you know that's the moment when you got to hit the ball. I thought it is annoying that you can swing long before the ball has reached you, the same nonsense as in Rockstar Tabletennis. You don't have to time your shot, just do it seconds before, take a nice sip from you longdrink, put it back and by the time you sit down again your player is hitting the ball. But hey, it's not all that bad. So far so good.

But the game modes are incredibly boring. After a while the swinging system gets very easy and predictable. And you hardly can't lose anymore. All the fun is taken out by the fact that when you know how to swing the ball (mostly using the Z button for a dropshot) the challenge is out of the window. That's it. No strategic gameplay, or refinement of how and when you hit the ball. It's just hit it left, hit it right, opponent starts to moonwalk backwards and you win....sorry? what did I just say? MOONWALK??

Yeah! Exactly! Half of the time your opponent looks as if he's having a stroke or suddenly likes to walk in slo-mo, or just moonwalks backwards to the ball. You show him every corner of the field and the guy keeps on moonwalking backwards to the ball (in slow motion) and off course the fucker misses the ball!! He looks like some fucked up Michael Jackson (on drugs)... It's SO annoying. I mean the most important aspect of this game should be that there's a challenge. Well, you do your best in figuring out how to hit balls, you learn and become better at it. And what do you get? Only Moonwalking little assholes that don't give a fuck if they win or not.

The best thing is when I did a tournament or something and I had won 3 - 0 and the next round it was 2 -0 and I was in the last match before my victory, and my opponent did not give shit about what was going on, did he do his very best to win? No! He just hit the ball back between his legs and it hit the net! THE LITTLE FUCK!

This game is very bad and an insult to tennis game fans. I thought the idea behind a series of a game was to refine the gameplay and adding bits to make it better and better. Well Top Spin 3 is like it's a PREQUEL to the series. It's a piece of shit!!!
So, you think it's slightly flawed then?
wink.gif
here's hoping that there's a Popcorn Arcade/DDI Tennis game just around the corner! You are right though, Top Spin 3 is buggy and ugly - a shame when the Wii is better suited for Tennis games than any console before it.

Grish4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
berlinka said:
Well, you do your best in figuring out how to hit balls, you learn and become better at it. And what do you get? Only Moonwalking little assholes that don't give a fuck if they win or not.

It's a piece of shit!!!

ROFL!! I haven't read something so funny in ages.

Kyokokoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Aw man...I was really looking forward to this, and we get moonwalking little assholes?

Damn. I'll probably still try it out, but this makes me think berlinka's post is the best thing we'll get out of the game.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Kyokokoko said:
Aw man...I was really looking forward to this, and we get moonwalking little assholes?

Damn. I'll probably still try it out, but this makes me think berlinka's post is the best thing we'll get out of the game.

Thnx!
biggrin.gif

I did my best in sounding like the Angry Video Game Nerd, cause that's how I felt....miserable and confused....

Kenshin Br

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I played TP3 for 30 minutes and... I don't think that I will play it again.

Wii Sports Tennis is better.
blink.gif

What they were thinking when they made this trash?
hate2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol people are blowing up the rg35xx review thread but the announcement thread only has like ten replies
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I didnt even bother, not a fan of that one. I need a dual thumbstick personally.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just call up a gangbang
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Database errors are because the data is not based, it's cringe
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Not really, I can access the site just fine.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The data is transitioning
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    *that's* based
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Expect to get angry at people for missgendering it's data
    +1
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Green name is based :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sicklyboys lungs looks like his username
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    You don't know me
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yes but it's an accurate comment
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    My lungs are fine lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The doc said why's your lungs so green your reply was snoop dogg
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I think you overestimate the amount of weed I consume :P
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    man now I want some weed
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Thanks ken
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Great game. But I'd buy it straight up before paying for prime. Unless you order something everyday from amazon, not worth it imo
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm one of those people that Amazon loses money on the Prime subscription with
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I abuse the fuck out of it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Prime says I've already saved $400 this year lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Where do you see how much you've saved?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Under orders
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Under orders