Wii #0733 - Super Smash Bros Brawl (Europe)

Deezers

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
ArjanDotOrg said:
My Wii is using a D2CKey.

I burned the iso with ImgBurn, default settings, at 2x speed on a Memorex DVD+R DL and the Wii couldn't read the disc.

Burned the iso again at 4x speed, but this time on a Platinum DVD+R DL and the Wii succeeded in reading the disc.

Next I started the game, managed to create a first time savegame, and then... a White Screen.... Nothing....

1. Does anyone else have this White Screen problem?

2. Do I have to change my write settings ??

Thanks in advance!

Yes, everyone who not used Verbatim has this problem...
smile.gif

mattlouf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Imgburn stopped at 50 % !!
I should have use NERO, as it is the first time I use Imgburn... What did I do wrong ???
The one and only DVDDL I bought is now coaster.. Too bad. Won't be playing it today...
hate2.gif

(And YES, I never played it YET, didn't tested the NTSC version... :/ )

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Pikachu025 said:
I tried it, and it works perfectly. Just extract your own NTSC save using Waninkoko's extractor, run PAL Brawl and let it create a blank save, extract that save too, copy over all files except the banner and filelist (and maybe Wc24pubk, not sure about that one) from the RSBE folder into the RSBP folder, and install the PAL save back. ^^
I did exactly the same thing as you but it didn't work :/

wilx

Trophies
XP
Country
Mines working Fine, cheap DL PiData branded disk +R, I'm using YASM ( latest version) . Game didn't want to do an update (I'm on 3.2E). Burnt using IMGBurn , using same layer break as the NTSC Version ( can't remember what it is now as its still set on my other PC). No stuttering no DREs Burn't at 2.4 speed.
Hope this helps anyone

Bruinbaard

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mine works too!!!!
Burned it at verbatim DVD+R DL with bookmark in imgburn set to dvd-rom.
Burned at 4x with an optiarc(NEC and Sony technology combined) burner.
I didn't set a layer break point it just went automatically.
I have a wiikey 1.9X and im at firmware 3.2E launch day wii.
It didn't asked for an updated just started created safe file, white screen(my heart stopped beating) and then bang Movie.

Jockel

This is where you're wrong, kiddo
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I recommend burning this game with clonecd, because it is the easiest way that actually works. ^^

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Pikachu025 said:
I tried it, and it works perfectly. Just extract your own NTSC save using Waninkoko's extractor, run PAL Brawl and let it create a blank save, extract that save too, copy over all files except the banner and filelist (and maybe Wc24pubk, not sure about that one) from the RSBE folder into the RSBP folder, and install the PAL save back. ^^

how will i install the savegame extractor and installer on the homebrew channel?

T

Toutatis

As far as I'm concerned, I installed the savegame extractor and installer with Twilight Hack. It worked perfectly.

I guess you know it works..

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Okay guys, I think I should say that I didn't copy everything. I wanted to start "clean" on my PAL save, but keep my friendcode and Replay collection and stuff. So I only copied the Collect (Replay/Screenshot/Stage Collection file) and Net0/Net1 files (Friendcode and Friendlist information), and that worked perfectly; My Brawl PAL save has my Friendcode/list and the Collection from my USA save. So I just assumed the rest would work too, apparently it doesn't, sorry. If anyone wants to experiment more, here are the file contents:

Advsv0/1: Subspace Emmissary Save files
Autosv0/1: Main save file with all Names and Brawl Records and unlocked stuff etc.
Banner: Contains information for the Wii System Menu, do not edit or replace with other region file!
Collect.vff: Contains Replays, Screenshots, and Custom Stages.
Filelist: Contains names of all files, I wouldn't edit it.
Net0/1: Online information; Online Name, Friends, Friendcode.
Wc24pubk: Not sure, probably info on if you accepted Brawl Service and that other thing in the Online options menu.

Sorry again for the confusion. Experiment around and see what works.

T

Toutatis

Pikachu025 said:
Okay guys, I think I should say that I didn't copy everything. I wanted to start "clean" on my PAL save, but keep my friendcode and Replay collection and stuff. So I only copied the Collect (Replay/Screenshot/Stage Collection file) and Net0/Net1 files (Friendcode and Friendlist information), and that worked perfectly; My Brawl PAL save has my Friendcode/list and the Collection from my USA save. So I just assumed the rest would work too, apparently it doesn't, sorry. If anyone wants to experiment more, here are the file contents:

Advsv0/1: Subspace Emmissary Save files
Autosv0/1: Main save file with all Names and Brawl Records and unlocked stuff etc.
Banner: Contains information for the Wii System Menu, do not edit or replace with other region file!
Collect.vff: Contains Replays, Screenshots, and Custom Stages.
Filelist: Contains names of all files, I wouldn't edit it.
Net0/1: Online information; Online Name, Friends, Friendcode.
Wc24pubk: Not sure, probably info on if you accepted Brawl Service and that other thing in the Online options menu.

Sorry again for the confusion. Experiment around and see what works.

Thanks for these details.

I hope someone will find how to use the NTSC save with the PAL game..

wheely

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
wheely said:
Just burned it on an Intenso DVD+R DL at 2X with ImgBurn and layer Break 2084960
Boot correctly create a save game (yipeeeeeeeeeeaaa )
after that black screen with Downloading .... in the right bottom corner
after a few second White/Green screen (WTF!!)
telling me that the disk is unreadable ( oooooooooooooooooohh no !!)

PAL Wii (FR) 3.2E + Wiikey 1.9s

tried with the wiikey disc config 1.4 to reduce the speed of DVDR From 6x to 3X
but same problem with the game !!

i'll wait for somebody on this forum telling us that it's ok for him and how he did it
smile.gif

@ plus
smile.gif

i'm quoting myself
smile.gif

After 3 intenso DL Burned for nothing ( i'll give them to friend perhaps there Wii can read them)
i've tried on another intenso from another Box
smile.gif
and you know what it worked fine no more disc unreadable
so people with problem try to change your media
it's time to BRAWL
smile.gif

Burned at 1X with imgburn no layer break

the Intenso DL who caused problem had this disc ID : Disc ID: CMC MAG-D01-00
the good one had this one : Disc ID: RICOHJPN-D01-67

KriX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I personally had to change the layerbreak to 2084960 as mentionnend in wiinja forum
(I have a Wiinja Deluxe)

Brunt on MEMOREX +R DL with ImgBurn

I also tried without layerbreak modification (imgburn default settings) and I got the whitescreen error

aardvarks

Trophies
XP
Country
Things Needed:

1 High Quality Dual Layered DVD (I use Aone 8x dvd+r dl fulface printable)
1 DVD burner capable of burning Dual Layer DVDs you will see DVD multi on the front
1 Super Smash Bros Brawl ISO
1 Copy of ImgBurn

Instructions:

Step 1: Right click the ISO and select "Burn using ImgBurn"
Step 2: Click Tools->Settings->Write->Layer Break->User specified and type 2084960
Step 3: Burn.
Step 4: Play.

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
change topic from "how do I illegaly burn my downloaded iso so that it works" to "i got it one day before release yay, but i think i found a bug"

Umm yeah ... got the game today ... i didn't even know when it will be out than i saw here that there is already an EU version online so i told my friends "i believe there might be some shops that sell the game early" and than one of them called in several shops until he found one shop that sold the games one day early, wen went there and baught it ;D

but i believe i found a bug, or at least something weird.
friend and me played that story mode and when we got Snake we noticed when holding A button he makes very fast lagy looking movement until he hits an opponent, than later on same happened with Kirby, he made the same thing and when it hit it made that fast hitting attack (with endless pushing A) after he finaly hit something with that broken looking hitting .

no clue if this works with others as well, we only had it ocasionaly with those two. And because it doesn't looks as it would be supposed to look like this i thought it might be a bug ?

Kopa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I have just tried to copy my ntsc savegame on the pal version.

It seems that the two files : AUTOSV0.BIN & AUTOSV1.BIN can't be copied. We get a corrupted savegame (maybe something to edit...). However we can copy the SSE data.

By the way, it's funny to have all the characters in the ESS and not in brawl
rolleyes.gif

edit : apparently just save in sse to have all characters and others things.

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Could anyone create a empty USA savefile and upload the Autosv0/1.bins somewhere? Maybe we can find the difference aand edit it.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Youkai said:
but i believe i found a bug, or at least something weird.
friend and me played that story mode and when we got Snake we noticed when holding A button he makes very fast lagy looking movement until he hits an opponent, than later on same happened with Kirby, he made the same thing and when it hit it made that fast hitting attack (with endless pushing A) after he finaly hit something with that broken looking hitting .

It's not a bug. It's like Link's fast stab from melee. (even though it does look jerky)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo,