Gaming ****Wii Firmware 3.0U****

dancewav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
might be a bit of a silly question , but seeing as the wiikey update discs no longer work ,
would a DVD with 2 gamecube games on it still work after the update ?
wub.gif
wub.gif

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
might be a bit of a silly question , but seeing as the wiikey update discs no longer work ,
would a DVD with 2 gamecube games on it still work after the update ?
wub.gif
Â
wub.gif

Yep, yesterday I played a DVD made with Make-multi with 3 Cube games on it. Works perfectly!

apignarb

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nederlaget.no
XP
Country
Norway
Oh boy I was definitely not expecting this. There goes my chipping plans.

Anticipate WHAT?

Everything works as it should after the update. The message people are talking about is most certainly a way for Nintendo to safeguard themselves against people complaining about bricking their precious consoles because they run out-of-region updates. And Nintendo blocked some disks, but the workaround for that is probably just renaming the disks to something else.

Yo.

Chip away.

Update away.

And yes, you can quote me on that.

Gamesphere

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A lot of people who bricked their wii from the update and sent the wii in made Nintendo realize the threat the mods and how many users there really were.

What Kinda stupidity is that.... I hope thats why Nintendo is knowing how to crack down.

Stupid f****, If you need someone to tell you then I will. Everyone reading this...

If Your Wii is Modded or has the chip inside, DON'T SEND IT IN TO NINTENDO FUC*****....

Bazildon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
bazildon.com
XP
Country
Does anyone know if the wiikey "beta" RC1 update disk works after this update? I'm asuming that as the old setp disc doesn't work now the new update won't either.

I know xiaNaix (of wiinewz) had a copy from them and a few other sites got one to test/review as well, any chance if you are one of those people you could test it please?

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A friend of mine has the same problem, news channel isn't working the way it should (also after chip install), same like others here, so if anyone has a fix for that
wink.gif

you have to format your wii system memory in settings to get the news channel to work , so back all your saves etc onto a sd card and format it and it be back on

You don't need to do this. Formatting does not help.

To fix the NEWS/WEATHER channels (with 3.0U):
1. Enter the Wii Settings.
2. Enter the "Calendar" setting section.
3. Set the date.
4. Set the time. (I rolled mine back a a minute.)
5. Enter the "Internet" setting section.
6. Re-accept the user agreement.

I've had the news and weather problem forever, and I tried all the stupid formatting crap that people tell you will work. Setting the time/date and then confirming the user agreement fixed me right up the FIRST time I did it.

deadrabbit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ahh I gave in, how could I resist the clock! hehe.

Upgraded from 2.2e to 3.0e (UK)
Wiid chip
Everything works fine -

Wii backups work,
NGC backups work,
Online ranked match on Mario Soccer worked (original version)

The wiid firmware update disk may even work - it spins in the machine and does the usual 'disk cannot be read error' (which used to confirm the firmware had been updated!)

D.

nx7010

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Info from Wiikey.cn concerning firmware 3 and bricking

[07.08.08] Wii firmware 3.0 issues
Nintendo has released firmware 3.0 via online updates. It will NOT brick or disable Wiikey; however, base and config discs will not load 'natively', neither will any other GC disc with El Torito standard header format. WiiNewz have reported that there are already tools available for building bootable config and setup discs, as well as other discs with applications and emulators. We are currently researching why the El Torito format no longer works. Once this is completed new versions of the config and base system disc will be made available.

so other than hanging on a short while to get a revised disk looks ok

nx7010

spyder2k5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No company in their right mind would start bricking hardware. Chances are if they can detect the mod chip they will simply ban you from Online play and stop you from having a good experience, i.e. ban your wiimail, limit functionality.
Bricking is way too severe and no company would do it as it'd be suicide especially if the detection method was flawed or didn't work in every single case.

Online play on the wii is a good experience?
laugh.gif
I guess you haven't used an xbox 360 then. The online experience on the wii is mediocre at best. Also with all this bricking talk, its never gonna happen. Unless Nintendo want to replace most of the wii consoles that have been modified. The wii has no warrenty sticker on it, so they don't know if you opened it up. It'll just be another paper mario again and people will take the wii back to the shops to get another.

The Wii may not have a Warranty sticker but on the inside after opening it there is an internal seal that is broke.... Also do you think they will not check the solder points? Nintendo is not stupid stop thinking you are all smart....

superkris

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:
The Wii may not have a Warranty sticker but on the inside after opening it there is an internal seal that is broke.... Also do you think they will not check the solder points? Nintendo is not stupid stop thinking you are all smart....

But what if you return it to a shop like EBGames? I used to work there and we never checked that!

bigfish2002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After upgrade to 3.0U, my news channel cannot connect with this error message "NEWS000006" and I had tried the fix posted by -IBNobody
it still won't work, anyone has this problem or fix?

Gamesphere

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Less profanity and more elaboration please
smile.gif

If you messed with your wii or still have the chip installed Don't send it to Nintendo. I thought that is common knoledge, They know which solder points are the sweet spot and got rid of them cause I bet some wiitards sent them their wii with the points all jacked up on solder. I hope someone didn't send in their wii with the chip installed in there. God, I swear what people do....

wlof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,

I thought of a small experiment that might help us all understand better exactly why config disks are rejected by the new firmware. The details are here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=57292

If you have updated to 3.0 and have a WiiKey, please consider doing the experiment and letting us know the results! All it will cost you is some time and a blank DVD. (Just some time if you use a RW
smile.gif
)

Raging Demon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Less profanity and more elaboration please
smile.gif

If you messed with your wii or still have the chip installed Don't send it to Nintendo. I thought that is common knoledge, They know which solder points are the sweet spot and got rid of them cause I bet some wiitards sent them their wii with the points all jacked up on solder. I hope someone didn't send in their wii with the chip installed in there. God, I swear what people do....
what is this?

The plans are available on public sites for everyone to see. They arent waiting for some tools to send them their modded wiis to know whats up

ooh44

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
?hm.. Nobody got a problem or brick their Wii yet?

My couple of friends got a problem when update to Firmware 3.0 like I already said in the 4th page.

After update complete the system reboot. But it still like the old firmware (no digital clock.) after a wii menu channel, it goes black less than 2 secs and have an error message.
"The system files is corrupted, please refer to Wii Operation Manual"

These occur on both Wii Japan and Wii US (modded with wiikey and brand new console which didn't modded)

here is a video clip

Wii Japan
http://www.dailymotion.com/ooh44/video/4553182

Wii US
http://www.dailymotion.com/kapoloman/video/4562381

You can enter a channel if you can choose any of that (except news channel) and it won't goes black.
You can enter Wii Setting, but no new update. (it show the firmware is 3.0)

My friends has already take out battery, format the system, etc. but no luck for them.

I hope all of you don't have this bad luck brick and goes Black Screen of the death.

PS: more than 10 of my friends got this problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3