DarkCoffe64

Bo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello guys, how are you doing?
So, recently, I've bought this, because I've I thought "Hey, why not? I have a HD tv now". So, I plug the cables,
and bam, now I have an HD wii! It looks a lot better than before! But there is a little problem... It's something stupid, but...
So, I was playing Kirby's return to dreamland with my friend, when, suddendly, the video got all black for a second,
like if the tv was turned off and then on. It only happened once, but I would like to know if this is a know issue for
this gamestop cable, or if maybe mine isn't working well. And if it is the first one, do you guys know a good hd cable
for the wii? Thanks in advance.

rip-it-up

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Alot of third party component cables do what you described.
official nintendo is what you want to buy.

I'M assuming you are talking about component cable with the wii set to 480p?

Edit- oh ive just looked at your photo, is that a component cable for multiple devices?

vpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the box it does look like a cable for multiple consoles.
Have you got it pluged into more than one console? If so try unplugging it from any other consoles and just have it plugged in the wii.
see if that solves the problem, i've always had probs with cables like that and avoid them now.

DarkCoffe64

Bo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
From the box it does look like a cable for multiple consoles.
Have you got it pluged into more than one console? If so try unplugging it from any other consoles and just have it plugged in the wii.
see if that solves the problem, i've always had probs with cables like that and avoid them now.

Nope, it's just plugged to the wii. As I've already said, it only happened once, but if it will randomly do it more times in the future,
I could try to see if another cable from a different brand will work better. oh, and the first time it happened? The first time I used it.
It's not really a good start...

Wii does cannot output HD signals. I fail to see how the people that make these cables get away with it.
it just makes it less blurry
I have one for ps2

as long as you dont pay over $2 for one

Yeah, before I did plug the cable, 2D graphics would sometimes flicker, and, well, everything looked a little blurry, as you said. After I plugged the cable...
It looked great! :yay: I've paid 15€ for the cable, but, well, what can you expect from Gamestop?

rip-it-up

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wii does cannot output HD signals. I fail to see how the people that make these cables get away with it.

I no what you mean, But from their point of view component cables can carry 720p 1080i signal.
It's abit of a mute point on this post as you can use this cable on a ps3 which would be hd.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I no what you mean, But from their point of view component cables can carry 720p 1080i signal.
It's abit of a mute point on this post as you can use this cable on a ps3 which would be hd.
its actually 1080p
http://gbatemp.net/topic/301217-rumour-new-ps3-model-to-require-hdmi-for-hd-output/page__st__15__p__3773128#entry3773128

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you guys know a good hd cable
for the wii? Thanks in advance.

I got a multisystem component cable from Monoprice.com, and have had no problems like you describe with it. For the PS3 and 360 it looks great even up to 1080p, almost as good as HDMI. For Wii it doesn't look as good, but what can you expect with something that maxes out at 480p. It looks as good as you're gonna get with Wii, though.

Before that got to me, I tried one of those crappy fake VGA PS3/Wii cables, and while it was alright for Wii on an old CRT VGA monitor, when I hooked it up to my new LCD HDTV, it would occasionally black out like you describe, so I would guess your cables are the problem.

If you can, try swapping them out at Gamestop for another set, just to rule out if you got a bad one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: George Washington!