Homebrew Wii Homebrew channel question

dan92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, i want to install the homebrew channel to my wii but i have to know the risk first

i know its rlly hard to brick the wii with the homebrew channel but, can it brick my wii if i install an update with the homebrew channel on it?

also i read that the wad installer or something like that is kind of dangerus, what is that for? do i have to install it?

also i saw that there is a backup loader that loads an iso from any cd or something like that (yes im kind of a noob in this), does the backup loader have a risk on bricking my wii? or something like the lens wont work anymore or something? and can i play those games online?

yea i know thats a lot of questions and i know its pretty hard to brick the wii but i have to know this before installing, i got my wii like 2 months ago and i would be so sad if it bricked :

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
The channel itself is very stable and safe, as is updating it.
The wad installer allows you to install pirated Virtual Console and WiiWare games, and to install certain pieces of homebrew as channels in your wii menu. It should be safe, but trying to install a bad wad file may break your wii.
The backup loader also requires you to install something on your wii, but that should be safe too.
Most other homebrew is safe without any risks, because they don't install anything on the Wii itself, it just runs from SD.

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Haha Dan - your going to know everything by the time you finish on this site.

Well formed questions by the way - no one minds answering decent questions that havent been asked 100 times already , so well done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5aJ-57_YsQ