Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Triforce said:
Actually this game is full of win! and Birdo is Female
actually, birdo is male, if you don't belive me look it up on wikipedia, hes a cross dresser.... in the west they refer him as female so to not confuer younger gamers, but in japan he is a male.

Triforce

Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
I think the identity is down to user discretion really.

If you watch this video the connotations refer to her as a girl, then stop half way and say depending on ones viewpoint she is a girl. I was kinda confused.

INTERNETS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
Triforce said:
Actually this game is full of win! and Birdo is Female
actually, birdo is male, if you don't belive me look it up on wikipedia, hes a cross dresser.... in the west they refer him as female so to not confuer younger gamers, but in japan he is a male.

Not only in Wikipedia, but he is considered a man who thinks he's a woman in the original Super Mario instruction booklet.

florian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hello
smile.gif
.....This game work on PAL wii?

Thanks for the infos
wink.gif

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DivineZeus said:
LOOOOOL, gotta love that pinky... shemale thing!
biggrin.gif
That's Birdo, originally from Doki Doki Panic (which was made into the game we got as Super Mario Bros. 2 here in the US.)

And in every single Japanese appearance, as well as in the original US Super Mario Bros 2, Birdo is described as a male who thinks he's a woman (presumably they mean he's a transgendered male -- which would, ironically, make the US use of female pronouns for Birdo more considerate. But I don't think that's what they're thinking...)

The voice Birdo uses in this video, incidently, is very much a male voice, and is the kind of voice you usually hear on Japanese shows to represent a stereotypical cross-dresser, super-effeminate, or 'gay' male.

So, yeah. I don't think Nintendo is entirely unaware of how "captain rainbow" sounds. Although seriously, if you think about it a superhero game where you're a campy superhero who fights for the rights of gays everywhere would be pretty awesome... somehow I doubt it would come to the US without heavy changes, though.

See also:
Mariowiki on Birdo's gender.
Wikipedia on Birdo.

QUOTE(Triforce @ Aug 27 2008, 11:20 AM) I think the identity is down to user discretion really.

If you watch this video the connotations refer to her as a girl, then stop half way and say depending on ones viewpoint she is a girl. I was kinda confused.
That's because Birdo is a transsexual. It's normal to refer to them as the gender they identify as, but obviously some people have trouble with that... hence the announcer's hesitation.

Comedor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It may be gay, but does it means the game sucks? NOOOOOO!

Japanese devs works with imagination, Gears of War is equally gay, but it is a shooter, so people enjoy it like a "man".

Anyway, I'll get it soon! Can't wait! Should be awesome, I'm expecting some high sales in Japan too, Skip deserves it!

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
CAPITEIN! RAINBOW STRUCK'DA-EAERT! ALERT! TEH GAY DETECTED! RUN! RUN! RUN !1111!!!oneoneone

Anyway
rolleyes.gif
Nice that it was released. Um...? Maybe
unsure.gif

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
superkris said:
DieForIt said:
superkris said:
Why is it numbered XXXX?

Sorry fot the noob question but what does a "NUKE" game means?
A scrubbed release, with wiiscrubber
tongue.gif

And Wiiscrubber is? and it does what?
Google is hard. It's like the trimmers we use for NDS roms, sort of.

Scrubbed releases aren't given an official number, because part of the purpose of the numbered official release list is to try and preserve the games exactly as they were released; no modifications are allowed (not even something like scrubbing it.) It will run fine, though, and you won't notice any differences.

superkris

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Last question: if an ISO is wiiscrubbed does it means that the updates are removed?

Thanks everyone who helped without being too sarcastic (looking at you Ruri!!)
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbSORc_3_Yw