Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
without looking into the code.
What is he doing and why is it wrong?

It seems that it fixes some compatibility issues.
DIOS-MIOS normally sets up the video mode, that should not be modified, GX completely disables that, so DIOS-MIOS got no control at all about the video mode, that should not be used, in older versions that also made big problems. Currently it looks like for some strange reason that DIOS-MIOS fails miserably setting up the video mode by itself, idk why. So its just luck that it currently works, in the next release it can be it doesnt work at all.

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Τhis cfg version can boot every PAL 576i problematic game I tried.It is outstanding!
Fix94,I understand your point perfectly,but why can't we use this method for Wiiflow too,until Crediar (if ever) finds a DM solution?When and if Crediar updates DM and fixes this issue,then you can adjust Wiiflow accordingly...

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I may add a wiiflow.ini option to set the dm video management later on. BTW devolution runs just fine with our current video management :P

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
But devolution is not released official.
tongue.png
Uhm you missed something then.

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Fix,I placed an original iso in my /games folder (where there are DiscEx games for DM),I placed Devolution loader bin in Wiiflow's folder in the root of my SD card and I reloaded the cache but Wiiflow cannot find the iso...What am I doing wrong?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wiiflow is still using the default DIOS-MIOS iso setup, so device:/games/gamename/game.iso. Devolution can use that just fine as well.

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
make sure the folder /wiiflow/plugins/ is on the same partition as your emulator games are
I think this is the solution to my problem. I have my plugins folder on the root of my USB2 NTFS part.

I'm not sure if this is specified in the readme/site tutorial [member='fledge68'] but if it's not adding it might prevent anyone else with my type of setup some aggravation lol. I should have known better anyway :P

I just need to create a root wiiflow folder on USB1, place my plugins pack in there and edit wiiflow.ini to point to the right path. Can't wait to get home and try it out.

What's really interesting is that the FCEUGX & VbaGX plugins worked off my NTFS partition regardless and returned to Wiiflow even a couple of times. It was acting up though about half the time so I'm sure it'll perform better once I make my changes.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I may add a wiiflow.ini option to set the dm video management later on. BTW devolution runs just fine with our current video management
tongue.png
As promised I've done that in r577 now, you can select the DM video settings completely now, try setting it to 0 to disable dios mios patching completely and hopefully get the games to work.

Reactions: 1 person

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
How to integrate devolution into wiiflow?
Via plugins? Is it possible to use devolution and diosmios in parallel?
Which rev is supporting devolution?

sorry, for the maybe stupid questions.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How to integrate devolution into wiiflow?
Via plugins? Is it possible to use devolution and diosmios in parallel?
Well currently it is like you place in the loader.bin from the devolution source into your wiiflow folder where you have covers etc, wiiflow will boot all isos via devolution then. Games extracted with gcreex will be booted via diosmios still. I may will add a button to decide if boot via devolution or diosmios soon.

Reactions: 2 people

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason no matter what build I am on.
Wiiflow will sometimes code dump on me.
When I click on a wii game and it doesn't play the banner sound, then if 3 or so more games do that. It code dumps.
But on CFG it plays all the banner sounds just fine and no code dumps.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Just updated wiiflow again, now you dont need to enable any option or so to get devolution to work, just its loader.bin:
http://www.mediafire...8qjhr5wbfvdqk8d
Haven't had time to test this yet but does anyone know if Devolution can read GC games from the second partition ... and is WiiFlow set up to be able to tell it to run them that way?

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Haven't had time to test this yet but does anyone know if Devolution can read GC games from the second partition ... and is WiiFlow set up to be able to tell it to run them that way?
Well it gives stats, so it *should* work from another partition as well.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I'll have to test that when I can, then.

Another question : I noticed that in the settings for an individual GC game there's an option to set NMM to "default" but there's no global setting for it. That leads me to wonder if it's possible to load a retail disk with NMM enabled. If it is possible, I assume it would only be set if there was a global setting for it.

If it's referring just to what global setting is compiled into DM(L), after r59 it became increasingly difficult to actually compile our own DM(L) with our own globals set (although I never really was one to do that in the first place) so that would kinda be a mute point anymore ... unless it's just in there for backwards compatibility which I could understand.

EDIT : Nevermind. I just read a statement by Crediar that neither cheats nor NMM work with original disks.

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I played around with dios mios and devolution. Both methods are completing each other. Means, games which are problematic for diosmios are running in devolution and vice versa.
So it would be perfect if wiiflow introduces an option to select if the user wants to use dios mios or devolution as default and to change the load method via game settings.

Furthermore it would be great if it's possible to deactivate the banners completely.
I know some persons like them. However I and other people thinks they don't fit to wiiflow.
So it would be really great to disable them completely.

However THANKS A LOT to FIX94 for the great improvements!!!

Edit: Btw it would be great if the memory card emulation can be deactivated for devolution. ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...