Hacking WiiFlow - an open source GUI USB-Loader

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ever since 590, I can't get N64 games to launch. When I launch a game and then nothing., I get a few quick flashes of snow (white noise that you get on older tvs)

edit: i tried a 512 mb card with a simplified setup, just wiiflow, plugins, source menu and a couple roms. Seems the devo loader.bin prevented wii64 from booting. Tried some nes and snes games on my 32gb card, they dont wanna work either. tried on simple setup and they worked. everything worked on 522...

edit2: Upon closer examination, I discovered that the loader.bin had nothing to do with plugin functionality, it was just incidental that wii64 worked after I removed it. Something definately went wrong between 590 and 600. Not sure where, as I didn't get each consecutive update.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I switched back to default and the screen came up w/o an error but looks like something got corrupted. Hard to see in the pic but look at the M in memories (last word of the game). It's all messed up. If I try and exit it shows more corruption.
Yep, thats because on theme switch it doesnt cleanup the previous theme correctly, I'm not quite sure whats up there.
It's not a big deal for me since I rarely switch themes :)

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Is there a compiled version lurking about that deals with DM 2.2 cfgv2 yet? If so could we have a link please?
The fix for now, as I see it, is get a copy of the english "translation" file (other languages here) and change where it says "No DVD" (cfgg29) to "Widescreen". and put it in your /wiiflow/languages/ folder. That's all you really need to do for v2.1 or v2.2

Reactions: 1 person

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an FYI - I am using the latest Carbonix and Star night themes and they are hanging when switching themes and clicking the back button on r600. No code dumps, just a hang (I waited over 5 minutes each time). After rebooting the themes come up ok.
i have the same problems with mine, even after stripping them down.( using the default coverflow in my dark carbonik). i have the plug in button showing one time, but after switching back an forth with the themes. it went missing.(??), still shows in the ini,but not in the theme.(?)..
I have an old system that displays the plugins but I don't want to wade through every line in the ini's to figure out how to re-enable it :)
thats the funny thing, in the ini for theme an wiiflow. it shows as active. they just don't/will not, show up when going in to settings. i think it's part of the corruption issue fixa94 is talking about.
it's just strange how it would show when i first load the theme. but after switching to a new theme then back it goes MIA.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Just an FYI - I am using the latest Carbonix and Star night themes and they are hanging when switching themes and clicking the back button on r600. No code dumps, just a hang (I waited over 5 minutes each time). After rebooting the themes come up ok.
i have the same problems with mine, even after stripping them down.( using the default coverflow in my dark carbonik). i have the plug in button showing one time, but after switching back an forth with the themes. it went missing.(??), still shows in the ini,but not in the theme.(?)..
I have an old system that displays the plugins but I don't want to wade through every line in the ini's to figure out how to re-enable it :)
thats the funny thing, in the ini for theme an wiiflow. it shows as active. they just don't/will not, show up when going in to settings. i think it's part of the corruption issue fixa94 is talking about.
it's just strange how it would show when i first load the theme. but after switching to a new theme then back it goes MIA.
When a theme is not showing in the settings/change theme it's a "theme".ini problem, replacing the ini by the official one from fledge's pack will solve the issue.

guinness

Trophies
XP
Country
OMG, why do I do this to myself? Had everything working fine, all covers showing for all plugins etc. And then I decided to update to latest rev, deleted wiiflow.ini and contents of cache folder, and now covers only display for wii, gamecube, and a few gameboy games, and that's it. Checed allpaths and they're correct. Roms are on usb1, and covers are on sd:. I want my covers back!! Help, pleeeease!

I had to move my "plugins" folder from the USB drive back into the SD drive to get my plugin covers to show back up.

Got it sorted after much experimenting. For some reason, it's not loading the covers properly with the default theme. Switch to Carbonik and they load fine. Back to default, and they're gone again. Strange.

hunter26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi Fix94!

With Wiiflow mod, It's possible to use the ubs port 1 for a Fat 32 32K hard drive for gamecube games and the other USB port 0 with a WBSF HDD for wii games. I know that I'm able to do this with USB loader gx (I prefer Wiiflow ¦¬) ). Thanks

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Is there a compiled version lurking about that deals with DM 2.2 cfgv2 yet? If so could we have a link please?
The fix for now, as I see it, is get a copy of the english "translation" file (other languages here) and change where it says "No DVD" (cfgg29) to "Widescreen". and put it in your /wiiflow/languages/ folder. That's all you really need to do for v2.1 or v2.2

Well it's seems to do a bit more, concerning v2.2 compatiblity.

At the moment no game is loading with diosmios v2.2 and wiiflow 590.
But if you downgrade to 2.0 everything is working fine.

The error message from dios mios: fatal error - the apploader size is zero .

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country

Well it's seems to do a bit more, concerning v2.2 compatiblity.

At the moment no game is loading with diosmios v2.2 and wiiflow 590.
But if you downgrade to 2.0 everything is working fine.

The error message from dios mios: fatal error - the apploader size is zero .
Hmm, I guess that's only a good fix for v2.1 ... did it boot fine with that? (I've been away from my Wii for a few days now and unable to test myself)

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When a theme is not showing in the settings/change theme it's a "theme".ini problem, replacing the ini by the official one from fledge's pack will solve the issue.
done that.. all my themes show fine, i can change to all my themes.( i test an make sure all my themes look good,an work before even thinking about uploading, plus this is the ini i'm using.(fledge's).
the only button that is acting up is the plugin, it will show when first loading the theme .then after i enter that sub menu, an go back to main screen, then back into settings. plugin button is gone. even using the newer star night theme, an that carbonik ini. it does the same thing.
by the way here are the newer two carbonik darks, they are purple an red..
this download has all four so far, purple,red,yellow and green..they all work fine(except for the issues i guess some people are having). but other then that they all look great.( so far red /green being my favorite).http://www.mediafire.com/?h6vb134y7pj8q7u

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a friend still using r415 of WiiFlow - not WiiFlow-mod He added a new game manually by copying the iso image but WiiFlow isn't picking it up. Anyone remember that far back how to force rebuild the cache?

geoGolem

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for all the good work! I've been having an issue with launching GC games for a number of releases now. I finally just thought I'd post since I think it probably has to do with a "dirty" installation. I am getting the black screen when I try to launch GC games. It then reloads the system menu. Any suggestions? I deleted the wiiflow.ini file.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I have a friend still using r415 of WiiFlow - not WiiFlow-mod He added a new game manually by copying the iso image but WiiFlow isn't picking it up. Anyone remember that far back how to force rebuild the cache?
I think you could just delete the right file in the /wiiflow/cache/lists/ folder ... or all of them for that matter ... or just get him to upgrade :D

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I shouldnt work this time, r604 lol:
http://www.mediafire...x04e412l90m3e20
Fixes homebrew and plugin loading.
So both revs here now should fix pretty much everything wiiflow does lol.
r604 looks good, no blackscreens or hangs for me so far.

Looks like the Exit to bug is still there, If you click home and then exit it drops you to the Exit to menu no matter what setting you have set.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I here ya there, I have too many myself, and have hard time letting them go, since most of mine I've modded at some point. Anymore I just play Switch on the go, seriesx at home.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ack my throat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I need to invest in some storage totes tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tots?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tootles
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tootles? Wtf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh tootles
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh totes , lol, like Tupperware storage, I gotcha
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm designing my own entertainment cabinet for my man cave, to store all my systems, then I'm also designing a power supply/HDMI switcher so I can switch to whichever system I want, and power it also. Already picked up the cabinet board, but tinkering with my drawings before start
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But yea, I have frogger arcade cabinet that I gutted and put a Pi4 then Pi5 into, but it never gets played much anymore, should sell it. Even when the kids come over, they don't want to play on it, just the xbox. TMNT and Simpson's arcade is still so fun on it, esp w 2 players.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gonna check out the new Garfield looks like garbage
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Can't wait to see the new "stick" that can actually play Ps3 or 360 games. I know they are getting close.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty didn't you see the new garfield?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ah it's all animated I was hoping for some live action
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, yes i did
  • T @ TheSusKing:
    does anyone know if you can run android apps on a usb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean use a external usb thumb drive as storage? Yeah it depends on the phone
  • T @ TheSusKing:
    no, i mean if i could store the app on the usb so it doesnt take up my storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why do you ask?
  • T @ Texasauras:
    wtfff why are y'al shitting on me and super negative
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Texasauras, dont worry im stupid too (or atleast dumb)
  • T @ Texasauras:
    lol im not selling it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: :shit: