nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
future hermes support:

when hermes v5 came out there seemed to be reluctance to supporting it in wiiflow, will this be a future trend? should one stick with cIOSX?

i ask because when you download dlc content from GH under one cios it will show out of date if you load the game in another cios. so before i commit to one or the other is one cIOS gonna be given preference to the other?

r-win

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
nando said:
future hermes support:

when hermes v5 came out there seemed to be reluctance to supporting it in wiiflow, will this be a future trend? should one stick with cIOSX?

i ask because when you download dlc content from GH under one cios it will show out of date if you load the game in another cios. so before i commit to one or the other is one cIOS gonna be given preference to the other?
Nope, we try to support as many cioses as possible. The Hermes v5 support took a lot of time, but you can blame oggzee for that
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
(joking oggzee, joking)

remixer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,
I'm having trouble getting Sam & Max Season 2- beyond time and space running
does this need an alternate DOL file to get it working ??
I've tried just about every setting i can think of .. the game loads gets to the episode selection screen .. you pick and episode and it crashes

can anyone enlighten me to the correct settings .. or point me to an alternate dol ??

Thanks

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
remixer said:
Hey guys,
I've tried just about every setting i can think of .. the game loads gets to the episode selection screen .. you pick and episode and it crashes

can anyone enlighten me to the correct settings .. or point me to an alternate dol ??

Thanks

you need the wdm files, come to irc for support

remixer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spidy1000 said:
remixer said:
Hey guys,

Thanks

which IRC server and group ??

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
remixer said:
Spidy1000 said:
remixer said:
Hey guys,

Thanks

which IRC server and group ??

read the first page or read the wiki (not that it has been mentioned before.......sigh)

LocoRoco

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
In windows; start > run > cmd > cd to wiiflow directory (C:\wiiflow) > make ios=248

dont i feel stupid
biggrin.gif

Thanks

Update: I get stack dump when i try to load..

schroder08

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hokay, here's something I just tried. I have Rock Band: The Beatles in my list o' games in WiiFlow, but I wanted to use my SDHC card for the song downloads so I put the disc in the drive and from WiiFlow I launched the disc icon. Game started up, but it launched the WiiFlow version, now the disc version. Had to leave WiiFlow to go to system menu and launch the game from there. Did I do something wrong somewhere, or is that intentional? I'll test again in a bit, not able to access the Wii atm, but if it was intentional I think it's kinda weird. Short version:

If the same game is on disc and on HDD, when the disc icon is selected should it launch the HDD version of the game?

Also, what is the current reason for the limitation of SD, not SDHC, cards useable when launching the game from within WiiFlow? Is it a cIOS limitation?

Thanks, all!

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hosigumayuugi said:
In r255 Patch to translate genre's in wiitdb was added,
but wiiflow show only space.
How can I show translated genre?
Hello hosigumayuugi,

You should come to IRC for this question, because R255 is very very beta and problems with that are only answered in the #wiiflow channel in IRC.

*edit 11-10-2010: This was a bug and should be fixed in R257...

xabby666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm sorry, but my proxy block the irc channel access.

A bug in the 256 beta is the impossibility to launch games when an mp3 is in the music folder. In this case it freezes on the wait message.

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
xabby666 said:
I'm sorry, but my proxy block the irc channel access.

A bug in the 256 beta is the impossibility to launch games when an mp3 is in the music folder. In this case it freezes on the wait message.

The bitrate of your mp3 is probably to high

mugotu

Trophies
Website
www.wiiflowiki.com
XP
Country
United States
It has been brought to our attention that xabby666 has been releasing "HackWiiflow" as his own, calling our changes as his, with the quote "Developed by myself" and other atrocities.

http://www.hackwii.it/forum/viewtopic.php?...464&start=0

Simply changing the name of something and the download order to a different language in no way means it is yours. This is very disappointing that he is using r-win and I's code and changes without credit, and also not making the source available to the public as it uses GPL code. I'll just make it clear that this port is against gpl and we would like ppl to respect our credit. Otherwise my future changes will be in private patch form and will not be in any SVN. Bottom line, MY code is MY code and you better give me credit for it, and give the same respect to r-win or anyone else on the wiiflow team. The source must also be made available (if nothing more than to just discredit his claim that it is his) or some things will change very soon.

EDIT: He has removed our credits from the about screen, removed the updater, and removed ntfs and fat32 support, and makes everything DL in italian by default, nothing more.

My post on HackWii.it
http://www.hackwii.it/forum/post128613.html#p128613
Removing credits from the source? illegal. Claiming changes as your own? illegal. Not including the source? illegal.

You will see that everything he claims to have coded himself is 99% mine and r-win's code... you can see that here: http://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/source/list
https://www.ohloh.net/p/wiiflow
https://www.ohloh.net/p/wiiflow/contrib ... 5343604499
https://www.ohloh.net/p/wiiflow/contrib ... 5343570094

Wiiflow is extremely stable, having more to offer than this junk, and having ALOT more fixed in it than this.
http://code.google.com/p/wiiflow/downloads/list

Also our forum is here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=ST&f=190&t=204106 where you will see all the real answers to your questions are being answered when xabby666 asks us for you. There are a few italian people there who speak english really well also to help you if you are having a hard time asking something.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag