carlitos92jose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r586 if you cant compile it by yourself:
http://www.mediafire...hbn5k7352ak95k2
thanks for the update, I still cannot hear the music of the loader when the hard drive is pluged. When I load black ops the games start fine but when I trie to play the campaign or play online it freeze, I trie with older version (rev 535) it worked fine.

luck_gh0st

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for uploading all the compiled dol files it was a pain setting up devkit.. er.... well not the devkit so much but the .bash_profile ..paths on this macbook and svn was broken too at first in Mountain Lion.... I'm no good with xcode. but it works now in the terminal..

OK now I just realized that you can only rip one game at a time unless you exit WiiFlow totally and reboot the Wii or eject the disc and start Wiflow again. Hmmmmm... I'm using r586.. It just says "Disc_Wait failed" after it it's done installing the first game. Maybe I'm doing something wrong... Weird I guess most people don't really install back to back game though either. But at least I can listen to music while doing so :) Sorry if my post sounds odd. I guess I'm tired but still amazed and optimistic about all these new developments and creativity by those involved.

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks a lot for the "video mode" for DiosMios. Now I can play every problematic game. (Wonderful Life, SoAL etc.)
However there is one bug. If you activate the video mode in the settings.ini then a window in wiiflow appears which tells the user to copy the game to the SD card.
If you select yes the status bar will reach immediately 100% and if you press back the game will start.
Would be great if this can be fixed.

Furthermore is it possible to change the default settings for diosmios/devolution in the future.
Now the default setting is always devolution.

Edit:
Btw. A small issues is, that the language files, and the default design theme (from the repository) aren't recognized.
The selection for exiting wiiflow makes no sense. The user selects already in the general settings if he would like to exit to the loader, to power down or to go to the wii menu.
You can add an option "User Select" in the general settings to select the "exit to" method as soon as the user presses the home button/exit button .

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i guess i ask the wrong questions, or you have to be an elitist to get things so you can add your own mods.(yet this is supposed to be open source, but fells like closed.)
since i can't ask for help on trying to add my own boot screen an what i would like,( yes i know i asked you pepxl. but i guess i asked the wrong question/or the wrong way).
so i guess i'll have to wait till that comes around.( though i'll vote to keep the original). all i would like at this point is the "default theme" png's cause all it gives is a ini file.
an i would like to make my own theme. with using the original default black background.( no i don't want to add that png to one that's "pre made")
* just to say, i have a "pre made theme" with backgrounds loading for dml, an plugins.( different png files for each one). an as i said , would like to make my own theme.*
( not just paste/copy ini files.)

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Well,another day another problem.I ripped Starfox Adventures with cleanrip and placed it in my /games folder.Wiiflow can now see the game.After that,I changed the game settings to use Devolution and after selecting "play" Wiiflow returns to HBC.And yes,I placed loader.bin in the sd:/Wiiflow folder.I am using r 586.Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so fix94, what is the deal with the nand emulation? is it possible to now load under a neek2o environment? if so, how do we do this, can we forward to it, or do we have to load into neek2o first?

btw that is a genius idea. perfect compatibility is happening now for wiiware/vc!

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so fix94, what is the deal with the nand emulation? is it possible to now load under a neek2o environment? if so, how do we do this, can we forward to it, or do we have to load into neek2o first?
You need to load neek2o first, then you can load up wiiflow in it via some forwarder or so. Wiiflow will regonize you are in neek mode and you can load the nand games via wiiflow ;) NAND Emulation in wiiflow is disabled, so wiiflow will display real nand, but since we are in neek mode thats you emu nand :P

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
i guess i ask the wrong questions, or you have to be an elitist to get things so you can add your own mods.(yet this is supposed to be open source, but fells like closed.)
since i can't ask for help on trying to add my own boot screen an what i would like,( yes i know i asked you pepxl. but i guess i asked the wrong question/or the wrong way).
so i guess i'll have to wait till that comes around.( though i'll vote to keep the original). all i would like at this point is the "default theme" png's cause all it gives is a ini file.
an i would like to make my own theme. with using the original default black background.( no i don't want to add that png to one that's "pre made")
* just to say, i have a "pre made theme" with backgrounds loading for dml, an plugins.( different png files for each one). an as i said , would like to make my own theme.*
( not just paste/copy ini files.)

Well to be fair you asked me to compile WiiFlow with your wait screen and I said yes that I would do that for you, then you said you wanted to compile it yourself but you never mentioned anything about wanting help to do that or how to set up devkit. Then added you wanted a looping .avi instead of looping .pngs.

If you need help setting things up just ask, no need saying WiiFlow feels closed source because you can't set up your dev environment to make the changes you want.

To get a lopping .avi you need coding experience as WiiFlow cant render .avi as it doesn't have code in source to play video files apart from .thp(trailers).

About themes, the .ini file is just the structure on which the theme is displayed and behaves, you need the source if you want the default .pngs to be able to make a stand alone theme of the default itself with what ever changes you like.

Things you need to get started are:

Devkitpro(r26)
WiiFlows latest libogc
Tortoise(Windows App to get the source from SVN)
Patience and ability to follow instructions if wanting help.

If you don't ask the questions then you won't get the answers.

I'm a pretty busy person with kids so Wii is more of a time passer than anything.

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did ask for help.
"here is a better way, i want to learn how to compile on my own. cause i want to try an have a loop play as my boot screen,( 10 frames don't do what i want justice.).
cause i want to use the whole boot sequence of the droid bionic. an the only way is to make it a loop avi.. do you think this would work if i replaced the line to point to a loop folder on the sd card inside wiiflow folder.
but first thing is first i want to learn how to compile. thank you." this is taken from the second PM i sent you, sorry i didn't spell HELP out.
i guess wanting to learn, an help are two different things. i know i need devkit, i've had it sitting on my computer for over a year trying to figure it out, an learn it. it's all cool though, i got my theme set up now the way i like it. so i'll just wait for the new boot screen. an as far as doing my own. i'll just use the default ini. an take it from there.(guessing i just rename the ini, an make a folder to hold the BG an buttons, an give them both the same names.(ini/folder).)

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
That's not asking for help, you came across saying you wanted to learn yourself not me help you get things set up and to help you with modifications.

You should of worded it better or added at least the word "help" or something similar.

Not mentioning the word "help" tells me your not asking for help but cool if you got it sorted but next time when asking for help, you might want to say it, I can read minds lol

kavid

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So yea, after two weeks here is r590, we worked hard and long on this, alot of new thigs are in it, thats why it took two weeks again.
Changes to r522 are that we now have game banner support like GX, in short you see a small banner preview in the top right corner, if you click on it it zooms in. I also created a custom gamecube banner, so you have banner support in wii coverflow, gamecube coverflow and channel coverflow. WiiFlow will automatically create a cache for the games, see cache/banners folder. You can also use custom banners, just move the custom bnr files with either the game ID3 or the game ID6 into the custom_banners folder. If you enter the game setting the banner will play in fullscreen in the background, set a bit darker. You can disable that in the wiiflow.ini, banner_in_settings in GENERAL section. Second thing is WiiFlows size. You may noticed it got much bigger compared to the old rev. Thats not because of all the things we added, it is because I switched from optimize for size to optimize for speed to avoid memory corruption and slowdowns. All the things we added the two weeks take about 20kb ;) Third thing is Devolution support, you can use it very silimar to DIOS-MIOS, just get the Devolution source package and place the loader.bin which you find in the source package into your wiiflow folder, together with the cover folder, cache folder etc. Inside wiiflow you can then set per game if you want to use Devolution or DIOS-MIOS, if you set it to default it will use DIOS-MIOS for the GCReEX games (they only work in DIOS-MIOS) and Devolution for the regular games (if Devolution bin is found, otherwise it will be booted via DIOS-MIOS as well). Also, you can now use wiiflow in your neek installation, that means you can boot wiiflow via neek and then boot your wii channels using wiiflow, that gives a great compatility compared to the d2x nand emulation. Also if you can compile, you can create a dolphin-emu compatible dol, just comment in the #define DOLPHIN line in the defines.h and compile, then you can use it in dolphin with a emulated sd card. They are also alot of other changes, like replaced all button types from u32 to u16 (takes half the space), we dont need so much space since we dont even have so much buttons, fixed bug of wiiflow not going back to the game which last was selected in plugins coverflow, added a new Home button menu, you can update wiiflow, reload cache, enter settings and other things, also in the home menu theres a ExitTo menu, to open it just click on Exit To in Home menu, fixed possible bug in memory allocation (thanks megazig for hints how to debug better), fixed IOS Reload on game loading codedump, fixed bug in network init, fixed retail and backup wii disc reading and playing, fixed emu nand codedump on ios reload as well, fixed return to wiiflow on emu nand games, added possibility to set DIOS-MIOS video patching way, video_setting in wiiflow.ini [DML] section, if set to 0 it will disable all video settings of diosmios, if set to 1 it will use the auto setting (default) and if set to 2 it will force the video mode, only enable gc streaming if we actually boot a disc, fixed bug about booting gamecube discs, and maybe some more things which I forgot to list :P
Download via google code or internal wiiflow update as always.

ToddofWar420

CoverFlow Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice update FIX94! I like how you can chose either Devolution or DM 2.0 to play GC games. Just a minor request tho, is there anyway you can make wiiflow extract GC saves from actual GC memory card? I'm havin a hellava hard time trying to get my SSBM game save backed up on my Wii (used every program on google and then some) and it would be great if you can make this work. Thanks again for the update and I plan on donating some $$ when I get my birthday $ in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love...