OP
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,
I've "hacked" my GF's wii, but I can't seem to get it.

This is what I did:
- Installed Homebrew Channel + Bootmii with the hackmii installer
- Installed the cIOS 236
- Installed Hermes cIOS (the latest)
- Installed Waninkoko cIOS 20b
- Put wiiflow on it, and try to start games.

But, I think I forgot something or something. Guitar Hero Warriors of rock won't work, red steel 2 won't work, guitar hero world tour also won't work..
Goldeneye did seem to work tho.

I think the problem is that I didn't select the right base IOSes, I didn't really understand that in some tutorial I followed.

Could anyone point me in the right direction?

EDIT: Typo in title, soz. EDIT2: Ty, whoever editted it for me
smile.gif

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All the choices of cIOS revisions and base IOS options can be overwhelming. GAF has demystified most of the confusion in better words than I can manage on his IOSes explained page.

As far as WiiFlow goes... WiiFlow itself will only run under cIOS 222 or 249. So if the game you play will not work on either of those cIOS and you need to select another cIOS that you installed with a particular IOS base, you need to tell WiiFlow to use that cIOS by going into the game specific settings. You can read up on how to do that on WiiFlow's Wiki page on Game Settings.

UPDATE: Ignore the whole "WiiFlow itself will only run under cIOS 222 or 249" thing. WiiFlow now comes in five flavours that can run off of 222,223,224,249,250. Everything else still stands though...

-Happy Holidays! []D

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
OP
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you!
smile.gif

Buuuuuut, I have to install cIOS, with a base of other IOS.
Does this matther?
for example:
* Based from IOS38 only
* Based from IOS38 merged with features of IOS37
* Based from IOS38 merged with features of IOS60

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wabsta said:
Thank you!
smile.gif

Buuuuuut, I have to install cIOS, with a base of other IOS.
Does this matther?
for example:
* Based from IOS38 only
* Based from IOS38 merged with features of IOS37
* Based from IOS38 merged with features of IOS60
All cIOS (custom IOS) are based off of official Nintendo IOS. So, we all have to install cIOS with a base of other IOS
wink.gif

The best thing to do is to install a wide range of cIOS, a combination of Hermes' and Waninkoko's each with different bases to maximize compatibility amongst the games we play. This is the cIOS configuration I've been using for awhile, but the great thing is everyone can have their own favorite mix that works best for them:
CODEIOS222 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0 *Hermes v5 with IOS38 base
IOS223 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0 *Hermes v5 with IOS37 base
IOS224 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0 *Hermes v5 with IOS57 base
IOS236 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access *Copy of IOS36 Patched
IOS249 (rev 20): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0 *Waninikoko's cIOSx rev20b with IOS57 base
IOS250 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0 *Waninikoko's cIOSx rev20b with IOS38 base
As you can see, similar to what is suggested in the IOS Explained page, the above cIOS selection tackles a broad range of compatible games. On the Hermes side of cIOS: 222[38] provides the default compatibility amongst most games, homebrew and USB Loaders. 223[37] is available to run games that use usb devices like Guitar Hero. 224[57] is available for the games that need it like Call of Duty: Black Ops. On the Waninkoko side of cIOS: 249[57] is the one I use as the default for my USB Loader of choice, USB Loader GX, provides enough broad compatibility with good enough USB speeed. 250[38] provides a fallback for older homebrew that needs the IOS38 base like WAD Manager v1.5.

I set USB Loader GX to use 249 by default, but for the games that need to use different cIOS, I go into their specific game settings and select the cIOS that they need. For example I would select IOS223 in the game settings for Guitar Hero. You can set per game settings in WiiFlow similarly. As for what cIOS selection you install, read the IOS Explained page and do some searches on the games you have and install what you need accordingly.

-Happy Holidays! []D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack