Will you buy the new DSi handheld?

Will you buy the new DSi handheld?

• Yes, definitely

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, definitely

• Maybe, i haven't decided yet.

• I first need to know if it's ARRRR enough. (i need to know if i can pirate games on it)

• Total voters

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo is going to send a worldwide frequency signal to cause all current DS units, both original and Lite models, to self-destruct with the coming of this new system.

What do you mean "You don't want to buy the DSi"?! Fuck that shit, now you don't have a choice!

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gman 101 said:
I'd say no... my CycloDS is perfect. It does everything the new DSi does except for the larger screen and camera. Pfft who NEEDS those? After all, this IS a gaming console...

Exatcly what i was thinking, who needs a VGA camera, and an extra LEd Light, its just another piece of nonsense. THe DS lite with a flashcard is just better.

kevenka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
agreed...I am just interested in seeing if it lives up to the hype...I mean, what if they are able to produce some kind of special homebrew that will only work for the DSi? also, isn't it just like the DS FAT and DS Lite..They just alter the looks and added a few features(The DSi shouldn't really be getting hyped up should it? They just added a camera slot and slightly bigger screen, and the sd thing was already presented in the flash cards) The games should play the same on any of the 3 counsils right? I am just confused as to why temp members are getting excited over something that doesn't really add much but cost a lot more...(The matted finish is nice though.)

OrcMonkey©

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chances are
1. if i have the money to afford it I will not buy it
2. even though my birthday is coming up (october 25) I wont get it or wont it.
3.I like the ds lite and psp slim better. I have both of them
4I'm a nintendo Fan boy/Sony Fanboy
biggrin.gif

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
This won't last long on kids' hands. My cousins drop their DSes very often and they don't give a shyte. Same for losing their styli. Also, that new speaker will be more prone to dust and dirt, me thinks.

The only thing that will make me buy this is WPA and flashcart support.

Orangegamer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ive just calculated the price and its basicly the same price as a ds lite
but still i might buy one because i play on my cousins one whenever he comes around
and hes got the PHAT DS
hes got a DS ONE, R4 and an R6 gold
i might convince him in getting it aswell
hes so outdated
laugh.gif

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The DSi is just a new DS Lite dubbed down and with added media support.

I don't need a mp3 player which will have horrible quality. Downloaded games probably won't be worth it.

Battery life is shorter on this one, no gba slot, it's the same size (the only difference is 4G in weight, because they remove gba cover and stylus is different.)

Hell, if I want all the new features, I will just buy a mp3 player, buy a digital cam and browse internet on my computer .... All those will do it better than the DSi version.

In other words, all those new features are useless. Might as well make a totally new handled that follow up the DS while you're at it.

Next what are Nintendo gonna do, a DS with a cellphone?

Henrike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
no, definitely no =P
to exchange the slot-2 for a pair of cameras is a GIANT let down
i only hope that my beloved games don't start to use the cam as an essencial feature
frown.gif

and in my country it will cost an arm and a leg =P

ackers

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm quite happy with my Lite to be honest. If I had no DS and was looking to buy one I'd defo wait for this, but I don't think it's worthy enough to upgrade from a Lite. No better graphics? No extra juice for possible homebrew such as YouTubeDS to happen? No thanks... plus it won't be good for GBA enthusiasts. And what's with the 'i'? Looks dumb in the logo and sounds dumb.

It'll likely have fw upgrades like the PSP to piss pirates off.

Posts merged

ZenithMaur said:
I just saved $330 buck for a Xbox 360 but I think iam going to waste it on this thing.
If you already have a DS, get the 360.

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't have a DS anymore since it broke, but looking at this I don't want a DS anymore
It's so ugly with the camera in front, plus I think it's an to big expansion for a simple redesign which isn't going to last long since the DS line is really old already

layzieyez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason I bought my DS, PSP, and Wii was primarily because I knew I could run backups on them. Why would I deviate?

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I was going to sell my DS Lite for a DSi.
That was, until I found out it doesn't have a GBA slot. That SUCKS.

It's barely slimmer, and that's why they got rid of the GBA slot? Pathetic. And at the same time, they're going for huge fucking SD cards, instead of Micro SDs, which are the standard for most modern portable devices now.
It's not the fact that the GBA slot is gone that makes me mad, it's the fact that it's gone for no good reason. Just look at bottom of the device, it has a huge empty space that just has "Insert GBA cartridge here" written all over it. I'd be okay with the GBA slot not being there, if they at least made the DSi considerably smaller in exchange. But no, instead of making it smaller, it's actually pretty much the same size, and even bigger in two dimensions than it was before. What the hell?

And what kind of moron really believes the higher price of the DSi (in comparison to the DS Lite) is justified in any way? Apart from the slightly bigger screens and the two cheapo cameras, there seems to be no technical difference at all. And they're really charging a higher price, even though the DS Lite didn't have a price cut in ages?
I mean, it costs like 180$ even in Japan. Of course, that's probably not the price you'll pay in the states, but the figure alone is pretty close to the current price of an XBox fucking Threesixty. If you buy your DSi with a game, you're actually paying more than for an XBox360 Arcade, which already comes with a collection of games. That's an incredibly low value you're getting with your DSi, if you ask me.

The MP3 playback and WPA1&WPA2 compatibility is what we might have already had for a long time, if Nintendo wasn't so dumb not to enable firmware updates for the DS, unlike Sony, who were ahead of them once again. Okay, if that was the case, we might not be able to use our flashcards today, either, but still. How does something the other DS models could have had in the first place qualify as a selling point for their product? If Sony made a revision like this, the whole gaming world would be booing at them (remember when the PS3 lost its PS2 backwards compatibility?). But if it comes from Nintendo? "No problemo. Bought."
Does anyone remember when Nintendo said they might release a Wii model that's capable of playing back DVDs? This is basically the same thing.

And a camera in your Nintendo handheld. Seriously. As if the two people here who don't own a camera phone yet needed one now.
It might even seem like a good idea to some of you right now, but I bet you'll change your mind after using the camera function for a bit.
There's no button that'll send you into camera mode instantly, so in order to take pics, you'll have to reboot your DS and make your way through the safety warning and the DS menu. I also wonder what MP3 playback will be like. "Doodeedoo, I'm sitting here in the bus, listening to my favorite podcasts. Oh, look at that, two deers mating in the park, let's take a photo! Oh shit, why did the music playback stop?"
Maybe I'm just being pessimistic here, but that's exactly the kind of half-assed new firmware I'd expect from Nintendo. Unless I'm proven wrong, keep in mind that that's how the features might be you'll be getting with your DSi. I'll prefer a real MP3 player and a real digital camera at any time. Or a device that does both things fine. But I don't want a device that does both things, and neither of them right.

Isaiah

The Conductor
Trophies
XP
Country
hmm ill buy it late next yearbecause my dad just bought me a new ds
yaynds.gif
and I would feel bad if i just traded it in and get a new ds so if the new dsi gets really good apps(perhaps a app that lets you download the maps in your area so you can view them.) Ill still keep my dsl and if flash carts dont work on it im not buying it considering i already have a digi cam and a mp3... meh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2