ROM Hack [WIP] Yo-kai Watch 1 Switch English Translation Project

MonMonz

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
The newest update fully completes the game. The only thing left to do is go back and overhaul the games side quests to fix a couple of bugs and then fully finish translating the battle text and then the game will be finished. Only thing after that in the future that needs to be done is extracting the games image files with Kuriimu2 when it gets updated to do so and then edit and replace those to English as well then the game will be 100% translated. But even in its current state without the image swaps, the game is very understandable and beyond enjoyable.
Thats so cool ❤️

Reactions: DrgnMasterKota

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi Everone!

Thank you for this mod!

Installed the japanese version of the game with the latest update.

Put your files in the contents folder, but it's not working for me. :/

I'm on 11.0.

Solved: Messed up the folder. Sorry!

Last edited by gaga941021,

DrgnMasterKota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Alright everyone the latest build completes the game. A few polishing changes will come down the line eventually but the game is more than playable and so much fun in it's current state so if you are a Yokai Watch fan make sure to go grab the mod now and sit back and experience your favorite series in all it's glory on the Nintendo Switch! Enjoy my friends.

gaga941021

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Alright everyone the latest build completes the game. A few polishing changes will come down the line eventually but the game is more than playable and so much fun in it's current state so if you are a Yokai Watch fan make sure to go grab the mod now and sit back and experience your favorite series in all it's glory on the Nintendo Switch! Enjoy my friends.
Thank you!

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
nice! could you update the version number in the post, it has been stuck on 0.0.8 for the last 2 updates
some people might not know the files has been updated when they are still seeing 0.0.8

Reactions: mathew77

DoubleDate

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi!

Thank you for the translating this game =]

Im playing the game, im now around 5 hours playtime and there is an Error occuring everytime. After defeating the Yokai guy boss in the sauna location, when you go to Misa to do the orange flag quest the game freezes and crashes. Is there any solution to this?

Also, the Japanese text on the icons in the menu, the Yokai big attacks, are they suppossed to be like that or i missed some files? Or will this be updated in the future?

Again, thans for the translation^^

Greetings

Reactions: matias3ds

DrgnMasterKota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hi!

Thank you for the translating this game =]

Im playing the game, im now around 5 hours playtime and there is an Error occuring everytime. After defeating the Yokai guy boss in the sauna location, when you go to Misa to do the orange flag quest the game freezes and crashes. Is there any solution to this?

Also, the Japanese text on the icons in the menu, the Yokai big attacks, are they suppossed to be like that or i missed some files? Or will this be updated in the future?

Again, thans for the translation^^

Greetings

Hello my friend, those are actual image files from the game that control that Japanese text you are seeing, it will be fixed and updated in the future to English but currently Kuriimu doesn’t support the new compression that Level-5 used for the Switch games so once the tool gets updated I’ll be replacing all those image files as well. As for your second issue, yes there is a handful of side quests that will cause issues like that, that I still have to overhaul and fix. I tried to just port the 3DS versions text coding like I was able to do with some of the game but sadly it didn’t work for the side quests so I’m gonna have to go back and overhaul everything on the the games original text slots and that will be done soon as well. But for the time being if you encounter any little bugs like that with side quests just hold L while booting the game to bypass LayeredFS and not load the mod then get past that little side quest then re-enable the mod and you’ll be all set. I apologize for the inconvenience and want to thank you for supporting this mod and enjoying it! Just give me some time for Kuriimu to get updated and I’ll get everything Perfected in the end.

DoubleDate

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks a lot for the explanation!=]

Im still having crashes sadly. I skipped the Misa quest and im trying to do the detective quest 2, the Yokai on the bike. When you try to talk to him the second time, the game freeze and crash. I tried to do the L button option, but no dice. I got the patched game from a Russian site where you posted it after doing some Google search. I load the game pressing L button and the game is still in English like the patched one.

I understand that the Japanese text one are images containing the text in it, didnt know that developers used it like that =)

Greetings

DoubleDate

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have another question, if its not much to ask =) Can i disable the mod with the L button if i use the mod game that i have found on your Russian site? Because the folder that contains the mod is not in atmosphere contents as i said above the game is patched with the mod in it.

Thanks in advance

DrgnMasterKota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I have another question, if its not much to ask =) Can i disable the mod with the L button if i use the mod game that i have found on your Russian site? Because the folder that contains the mod is not in atmosphere contents as i said above the game is patched with the mod in it.

Thanks in advance

I’m not sure honestly, that could be the reasons for all your crashing issues I have never officially released my mod on any Russian site and the official version runs everything through LayeredFS. If you could just please download the game from the GBATemp page here and run that version because with that version I can guarantee stability and help you troubleshoot any problems that you may run into.

DoubleDate

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I’m not sure honestly, that could be the reasons for all your crashing issues I have never officially released my mod on any Russian site and the official version runs everything through LayeredFS. If you could just please download the game from the GBATemp page here and run that version because with that version I can guarantee stability and help you troubleshoot any problems that you may run into.

Thanks. I resolved the issue by getting the full non modded Japanese version, updated to latest game version, then started the game, passed the part with the bike part for the detective quest and after completing i downloaded your mod and placed it in contents. Hopefully this time around the pressing the L button for disabling the mods works better than the modded one in case that another crash happens.

Thanks for the answers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3