Homebrew Question Would it be "legal" for me to post "blank" boot0 / 1 for repair purposes?

D

Deleted-172301

Hey Guys. Having trouble with a failed 9.0.1 update via ChoiDujourNX. I was on 8.1.0, but decided to update...

After I completed the 9.0.1 update. The GPT partition table became corrupted. Had to restore my table via gdisk. I am now unable to boot past the nintendo switch logo when launching atmosphere. I get a purple screen if I try to run OFW directly. Boot0 is the only partition that I can't decrypt in hacdiskmount with my keys, so I'm assuming that's the culprit.

How can I recover my boot0 partition? What tool or program are you guys sharing these blank boot0/1 files?

johnma2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there. I noticed that the BOOT 0/1 partitions are either corrupted or are no longer present. I know my Switch is on 9.0.0, but I have no backups of the BOOTs. Is there a way for me to recreate those perchance or am I screwed?

Elgado

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Hi there. I noticed that the BOOT 0/1 partitions are either corrupted or are no longer present. I know my Switch is on 9.0.0, but I have no backups of the BOOTs. Is there a way for me to recreate those perchance or am I screwed?

Up Up

MMangia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Right. Quick one.

Don`t know if a mod / admin can answer this.

People are bricking their switches during downgrade, looks like more-and-more, the BOOT0 is messed up.

I have created / edited some boot 0 / 1 for different firmwares.

In a nutshell, all calib. data would remain, boot0 are chopped just before the keyblobs at 1536kb

It isn`t piracy, but rather a means to an end for people to fix their consoles.

I have autoRCM and normal versions. You restore them with my modded hekate (ignoring incorrect size).

What do people think? Will it fly?

Someone on here said "Discord". But I can`t get my head around that and the bleeps are enough to make Mary Poppins swear.

Can I have your package please? I can't find it on Xbins

Amine1377

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello
my switch is blocked in rcm mode it does not start normally I had not saved the nand before. I tried several tutorials without success when I save the boot0 and boot1 and I restore them I have an error failed I have 12 flares burned
upload_2020-4-12_13-51-36.png

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello
my switch is blocked in rcm mode it does not start normally I had not saved the nand before. I tried several tutorials without success when I save the boot0 and boot1 and I restore them I have an error failed I have 12 flares burned
upload_2020-4-12_13-54-35.png

pcwizard7

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello
View attachment 204021

you get an error when trying to restore them what error? have you moved the backup files into the restore folder or else it won't see them

and is this backup taken after the issue happened because there's no point in restore it then?

can you boot into stock mode?

Last edited by pcwizard7,

Aexus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm...

I see your point.

There is absolutely NO per-console data in them. Thats the point.

I have created a "boot repair pack".

Let it be said, piracy, I don`t care one way or the other. My business is getting things working again.
Is there any chance I could get them from you to fix my switch ? It's my last hope
I would appreciate it !

Aexus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Matty hasn't been around for a while (hope you're ok out there buddy!), but if you google his username you'll probably find it among his switchboot 2 files.
Oh bummer hope he's doing well. I'll take a look, thank you

Just use ChoiDujour.
I would but I'm missing my keys.txt and boot0/boot1

Here was my original post on Reddit so you guys know where I am at with the switch , they sent me here .

Details: I was attempting to restore a switch to stock to play online.
The switch is unpatched and fully exploitable

I knew I had made backups in the past but like an idiot lost the boot0 and boot1 and flashed my nand before checking my backup folder.

I also made the mistake of flashing a different boot0 / boot1 thinking they were universal. False. Now obviously I cannot boot normally.

What works: rcm, hekate,

What files I do have: a old nand backup v. 9.x.x
prodinfo.bat and biskeys.bat from atmosphere auto backups
A bis_keyt.txt that I was able to dump via rcm

What I'm missing (from most guides to solve this issue I've read):
Tsekeys and keys.txt and obviously boot0/boot1

I've read about a modified boot0/boot1 that may help but I can't seem to find the files on xbins.

If someone could tell me if I'm screwed or if there is hope I'd appreciate it !

You can get them from xbinx at last check - if you can't find them lemme know and I'll go digging
Ok I'll look more thoroughly , is there a specific keyword to search I'm not familiar with xbins and I get nothing when trying to search for boot0 .
Thanks !

Reactions: hippy dave

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would but I'm missing my keys.txt and boot0/boot1

Here was my original post on Reddit so you guys know where I am at with the switch , they sent me here .

Details: I was attempting to restore a switch to stock to play online.
The switch is unpatched and fully exploitable

I knew I had made backups in the past but like an idiot lost the boot0 and boot1 and flashed my nand before checking my backup folder.

I also made the mistake of flashing a different boot0 / boot1 thinking they were universal. False. Now obviously I cannot boot normally.

What works: rcm, hekate,

What files I do have: a old nand backup v. 9.x.x
prodinfo.bat and biskeys.bat from atmosphere auto backups
A bis_keyt.txt that I was able to dump via rcm

What I'm missing (from most guides to solve this issue I've read):
Tsekeys and keys.txt and obviously boot0/boot1

I've read about a modified boot0/boot1 that may help but I can't seem to find the files on xbins.

If someone could tell me if I'm screwed or if there is hope I'd appreciate it !
One of the uses of ChoiDujour is to generate a new BOOT0/BOOT1. As for your keys, you can obtain those with Lockpick_RCM. Also please refrain from double posting.

Aexus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried using lockpick but it doesn't work, I believe, because I restored a different switch boot0 and boot1 so I just get an error. The only key I was able to dump was my biskey.

What is double posting ? Is that the quoted text too?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried using lockpick but it doesn't work, I believe, because I restored a different switch boot0 and boot1 so I just get an error. The only key I was able to dump was my biskey.

What is double posting ? Is that the quoted text too?
Just to make sure we are on the same page, you are using the RCM payload version of Lockpick? And double posting is when you post multiple times instead of making one post. Instead of quoting everyone in one post, you quoted them 3 separate times making 3 different posts. If you want to quote and respond to multiple people, quote them first before making your post.

Aexus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh ok thank you for clarifying I will not do that going forward. I have used the payload v. From PC and inside hekate, both attempts gave me pkg1 error. From what I've read it seems its failing because i flashed the incorrect boot0/boot1

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh ok thank you for clarifying I will not do that going forward. I have used the payload v. From PC and inside hekate, both attempts gave me pkg1 error. From what I've read it seems its failing because i flashed the incorrect boot0/boot1
Are you using the latest version of it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/eQZnbv5zc3w?si=I8MBUZfEnkZpwccJ