Hardware Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller support? (BT Low Energy)

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there any adapter (since MissionControl doesn't support it) to enable me to use my Elite Series 2 Controller on my Switch?

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think 8BitDo's adapter does it:
https://www.8bitdo.com/usb-wireless-adapter-2/

There's probably a cheaper option out there though.

Edit: I clicked through to the Amazon page and it's only $20, so that's actually not that bad.

Reactions: lordelan

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think 8BitDo's adapter does it:
https://www.8bitdo.com/usb-wireless-adapter-2/

There's probably a cheaper option out there though.

Edit: I clicked through to the Amazon page and it's only $20, so that's actually not that bad.
A guy on Reddit claimed it won't work with thr Elite S2 because it uses Bluetooth Low Energy. So only "normal" Xbox Controllers work with it.
I'll have a look at the NS Magic, thanks @Hayato213

Reactions: Hayato213

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A guy on Reddit claimed it won't work with thr Elite S2 because it uses Bluetooth Low Energy. So only "normal" Xbox Controllers work with it.
I'll have a look at the NS Magic, thanks @Hayato213
Ahh gotcha. I know for a fact the Titan Two will support it, but you'd be lucky to find one at the moment. Even when it was readily available it was a £70 (+£50 for the BT module!) device thanks to its scripting capabilities.

Might be one worth setting an alert for at least if the NS Magic doesn't do what you need it to. While it is pricy, I can at least say from my years with it that the Titan Two is a stellar device.

Reactions: Hayato213

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The controller is supported by Mission Control, you just need to revert to the legacy firmware
I know but reverting is not that easy (if not impossible) and since I'm using it on my Steam Deck as well, I'd rather keep the firmware as recent as possible.
Post automatically merged:

Ahh gotcha. I know for a fact the Titan Two will support it, but you'd be lucky to find one at the moment. Even when it was readily available it was a £70 (+£50 for the BT module!) device thanks to its scripting capabilities.

Might be one worth setting an alert for at least if the NS Magic doesn't do what you need it to. While it is pricy, I can at least say from my years with it that the Titan Two is a stellar device.
There's an NS Magic 2 now which I ordered. It claims to support it. :) Thanks again.

ndeadly

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I know but reverting is not that easy (if not impossible) and since I'm using it on my Steam Deck as well, I'd rather keep the firmware as recent as possible.
It's about as easy as it could be. Microsoft even provides the tools to do it. Calling it impossible is just absurd. The older firmware may even have less input lag (LE devices have a minimum interval of 7.5ms, dictated by the spec). But do as you wish

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's about as easy as it could be. Microsoft even provides the tools to do it. Calling it impossible is just absurd. The older firmware may even have less input lag (LE devices have a minimum interval of 7.5ms, dictated by the spec). But do as you wish
Okay, seems like this is indeed possible now. I'm super sure it was not 1 or 2 years ago when I tried to do this with my (non elite) Xbox One controller.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Crazy people actually spend $50 on that stuff
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Towelie runs my farm, he's awesome.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Polly is still around from what I've heard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @SylverReZ, is Pollys alt I knew it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I see him every once whi!e , incognito
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, I'm not him. Keep looking.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still don't know why he left unless someone really hurt his feelings
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why people get so emotional online just get over it ffs
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He was the ass of gbatemp, everyone knocked on him, I honestly felt bad, even though I was guilty myself, but he egged it all on himself,
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But he still here, but under dif name, he pm me sometimes still even.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's like they think we'll be in their bed pissing on it the next day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like gbatemp should make t-shirts or memorabilia to remember the lost ones. I bet the Polly shirts would sell out quick.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Remember that Alexa robot I gifted you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And that laptop Webcam you never tapped up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That robot is here somewhere, I hear it moving around at night, but I haven't seen it for months.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh that laptop I give to ancientboi, so you been watching him for months, and he's been watching you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good more than enough material for the fbi
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.