1dkreally

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
1dkreally.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The GTS was still working last time i checked, same for playing against others.
Really? Last I checked the GTS, you could access it, but it would freeze after a short period of time. My internet is fine and my Pokemon Moon cartridge is legit, so I'm not so sure if it's my own issue or an issue with the GTS in general.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Last I checked the GTS, you could access it, but it would freeze after a short period of time.
I haven't been following the story very closely, but I understand there's a huge problem with people uploading hacked data. Apparently you can get around it by narrowing your search parameters.

And isn't that just a perfectly-good reason why Nintendo should be pro-active about blocking homebrew? Sometimes if a company lets users do whatever they want with their products, some people are going to find a way to break them, and then other people are going to say "That company's products are broken and crappy and you shouldn't buy them!" instead of concluding that maybe the problem is some people going to great lengths to break their products instead of using them as intended.

To which some people may respond, "Well, if their products are breakable, they should support their products forever and ever and make sure that no one can ever find a way to break them!" And some of those people might not even recognize how insane that sounds.

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? Last I checked the GTS, you could access it, but it would freeze after a short period of time. My internet is fine and my Pokemon Moon cartridge is legit, so I'm not so sure if it's my own issue or an issue with the GTS in general.
It was filled with hackers, yes, almost 95% of Pokemon there were, as a side effect sometimes it won't let you access the GTS, either posting your Pokémon for trading, or looking for one. Many of those hackers are usually posting literally every pokemon there is on the GTS for trade, shiny and with perfect IVs etc. That's the reason i think it caused it to break. Not sure if it's any worse now tho.

Reactions: 1dkreally

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
They say it's safe to update, but why the rush? Give it a few days until we're sure it is.
Considering I have a New 3DS XL with Luma3DS I tend to use ftp to transfer data which requires an internet connection, is it safe to use ftp or is there a wY to block the update?

Also is hShop safe to use or not?

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering I have a New 3DS XL with Luma3DS I tend to use ftp to transfer data which requires an internet connection, is it safe to use ftp or is there a wY to block the update?
Yes, of course it's safe, and you don't need to be on the latest fw in order to use ftpd.
Also is hShop safe to use or not?
"Safe" as in you won't get banned if you installed games from that site? If so, yes.

Reactions: sonictopfan

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, of course it's safe, and you don't need to be on the latest fw in order to use ftpd.

"Safe" as in you won't get banned if you installed games from that site? If so, yes.

Thank you for the reply 🙏

Only question remains is, is it possible to block the update prompt altogether? i forgot if Luma3DS has such feature or not.

Reactions: CoolMe

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is it possible to block the update prompt altogether?
Not really. I dimly recall there's a way to delete the update files, but they'll just be re-downloaded again the next time you connect to the Internet, unless you somehow block access to Nintendo's servers in your router (such as by using a DNS).

Reactions: AyanamiRei

Vaan red

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
They say it's safe to update, but why the rush? Give it a few days until we're sure it is.
I'm in the middle of using a lot of pokemon bank. I'm can't wait. I'll have to update...

I have already made a sysnand back up a few days ago. I think It's fine if I update today, right guys??? (nervous face , lol)

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG I updated to 11.0 this year. Do Luma ever stop? hahaha
Thank God I waited till today's morning, and your reply to update. Cause I did not have the latest luma.
Actually it's okay if you updated with Luma3ds v.11, It'll still work. Or even if you were below v.11, you'd just get a Arm11 preventing from accessing the home menu, it's easily fixed by swapping the boot.firm file (Luma3DS) with the latest version on the root of the sdcard, and everything will get back to normal. That's it.

The reason why i told you to update Luma3DS, is with these homebrew apps it's always good to update to the latest version, as they usually fix bugs (if there were any)..

Reactions: Vaan red

JordanB500

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey i just tried to update luma3ds via an older version of the updater and it said download failed so i updated the luma3ds firmware and reinstalled bs9 to the latest version and downloaded the new .cia file for the updater for luma3ds and now i get the following screen, any ideas?
image0.jpeg

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey i just tried to update luma3ds via an older version of the updater and it said download failed so i updated the luma3ds firmware and reinstalled bs9 to the latest version and downloaded the new .cia file for the updater for luma3ds and now i get the following screen, any ideas?View attachment 374030
Luma3DS Updater is outdated and useless. Get the latest version from here, or install Universal-Updater and download it from there, so in the future you can update it from there, as well having the ability to install/update other homebrew apps..

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Luma3DS Updater is outdated and useless. Get the latest version from here, or install Universal-Updater and download it from there, so in the future you can update it from there, as well having the ability to install/update other homebrew apps..
Universal Updater tends to be the best option just make sure the battery is full first.

Reactions: Pin1988

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious