Pimax Crystal VR headset gets official teardown video

pimax headset teardown.jpg

Official teardown videos seem to be becoming a trend for gaming devices, with Sony doing so with the PS5 back when it launched and now VR manufacturer Pimax has followed suit. The company has just aired a 14-minute video teardown of its Pimax Crystal VR headset on its YouTube channel that shows the device's innards in detail:

It can be satisfying to see what a gaming device packs under the hood and teardown videos satisfy that itch. They also make me wish that more devices would sport transparent shells so that we can better appreciate the parts that have been crammed into the form factor we're used to. I hope that Pimax follows up with teardown videos of its other devices such as the VR-handheld hybrid Pimax Portal.

In addition to the teardown video, Pimax has also been pushing new updates for the Crystal headset such as the standalone mode and more recently improved controller performance and a 72Hz refresh rate option for flight sims; so it's encouraging to see that they are supporting the device with more features. They're also hosting a Black Friday sale for the headset (and other hardware); but be sure to check out our official impression piece of the VR headset in the link below to inform any potential purchase!

:arrow: SOURCE
:arrow: Pimax Crystal GBAtemp Impressions

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Based on the last article about it, this has 2880×2880 per eye.

And you need a minimum of 90fps to not have the typical person barf their guts out after any given session.

... Apparently for this, you need a 4090 for each eye then, to drive that many pixels. Fuck. Right. Off.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Quick, somebody, close this thread. This is too kinky for @shaunj66, he has a thing for VR's. His head will explode
Call me when some new decent VR games are announced and I might get excited.

We have more than enough headsets now. They need to pump the R&D money into actual games now.

Reactions: Prans and Flame

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts don't move out of a house they are trying to sell and the boyfriend says she moved and does not know where lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was about to be like can't wait for gta6 so @Psionic Roshambo can tell me places to go then you drop that
    +3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But gta6 will be in Psi hometown, and all cars will have a women on the roof, booty shaking.
    +2
    That was a thing here in Florida for a minute
    Like cars with the booty shaking lol I seen it once in person was like smiling lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm talking about visiting areas he hides his bodies at
    Vice City kind of feels like Miami lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, it's a parody iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea think that's where it was supposed to be, Miami
    +1
    Having been to Miami hmmm probably a hundred times lol
    Back in my days as a delivery driver for a cartel well driver slash guy they would send if a payment was forgotten lol
    you know to help them find their checkbook lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Gta4 was NewYork or Chicago, gta5 is California
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn camera phones catching crimes
    Always some women screaming... You break a few thousand dollars worth of crap in someone's living room and they scream lol
    lol Ken yeah the things I did as a kid I am soooo glad those didn't exist
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If someone breaks my $20 TV stand their nose is getting broke
    Psi would be doing like 300-3,000 years in prison lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Have some in closet allegations?
    Someone tried to pull a gun on me once, they reached into the couch thinking I wouldn't notice, quick kick to the arm snapping it between the wrist and elbow broke like a swing lol I reached into the couch to see what was in there, cool a free .380 lol had to hit him with it a few times to remind him not to do it again lol
    He had the 20K he owed the very next day it was a miracle lol
    Psi was a bad bad man at one point lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We need a GTA based on your life, or at least put you in 6 as a character.
    I don't think people would believe 10% of the things I have done lol thank god...
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I don't think people would believe 10% of the things I have done lol thank god...