GBA VC Screen Wrap issue and Zoomed in GBA Games?

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a few games where it looks like they are zoomed in or the GBA Game are being wrapped around. I do have a 128GB micro sd card and this seems to only happen with some games? Like pokemon ruby, emerald, final fantast tatcis etc..

Temp fix I found is this:
1. Start the game
2. Press Home
3. Then hold START and spam X
This will work everytime and it will snap when the picture so that it fits perfectly!

But I found this old post from 2017 that says to backup my sd card to a PC, and re-format the sd card using FAT32 using 64kb cluster size (apprently default is 32kb), and then move everything back to sd card and put back in ur 3ds and ur as good to go?

Is this sd-card reformat tip still valid?

and if i backup then reformat and re-dump, will my modded 3ds still work as good as normal?

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes reformating the sd card solved the issue for me, with no issues when I used the sd card in the 3DS.
if i dump the entire content of my sd card onto my pc, and then dump it back after formatted, will my 3ds work as usual, no changes or issues?

Serph-DDS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I had no issues, I formatted a new card and transferred all from the old card on to the new card, it works the same as the old one plus gba games dont screen wrap.

Reactions: haddad

haddad

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had no issues, I formatted a new card and transferred all from the old card on to the new card, it works the same as the old one plus gba games dont screen wrap.
thanks!
Post automatically merged:

I can confirm that reformatting the card to 64kb cluster fixed the GBA Wrap-Around Issue!

Last edited by haddad,
Reactions: Serph-DDS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Scratch n sniff