CLOSED New

rudiboi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Long story short, I thought my unpatched v1 switch died about 1 year ago. I ended up buying a new switch just to play pokemon (didn't CFW or anything). So a few days ago I decided to try and charge my old switch with the new official nintendo charger and saw a light in the dock so I knew it was working. I figured it was bricked, so decided to restore the NAND.

Had no idea how to but after tinkering around, I succesfully did. One thing I did that might've messed up my switch was restoring nand + updating fw to 18.0.0. I had 18 burnt fuses before and now after this I have 19 BUT switch would still not boot (aside from hekate). OFW boot would show me copmany logo and then black screen while CFW sysmmc boot will just show me a black screen. Decided to try and install a lower firmware 16.0.1 via tegraexplorer and systemrestorev3 script and CFW worked! Same for semi-stock boot (since it bypasses fuse count). Still couldn't boot to OFW, got a black screen with no nintendo logo.

Now if I follow rentry guide (or any guide) to update firmware via daybreak to anything higher than 17.0.0, I will get the same issues I had before downgrading to 16.0.1. I can always use systemrestorev3 to go back to 16.0.1 and it will work again, but I want to be able to upgrade my sysnand effectively and boot to OFW.

Any ideas?

PS: My switch is banned and has been for the past 3 or so years. Never really cared since I don't play online, it always used to work before it got bricked.

Last edited by rudiboi,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It boots to CFW sysnand? Or just CFW EMUMMC? How exactly did you restore the nand backup? Did you also restore boot0 and boot1 when you restored it? Those need to match (for OFW, anyway). If you can launch sysnand in CFW, then use daybreak to update to 18.0.1, and reboot to OFW without a game cart inserted. 19 fuses burnt means it will NEVER run OFW below fw 17+.

But before you do any of that, make sure you are using the latest hekate and the pre-release of Atmosphere 1.7.0.

Last edited by urherenow,
Reactions: rudiboi

rudiboi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It boots to CFW sysnand? Or just CFW EMUMMC?
It boots to CFW sysnand with fw 16.0.1. Ive never set up emummc since my switch is already banned so what’s the point.

To restore nand i followed this video:

If I use daybreak to upgrade to anything over 17+ via CFW sysnand (with fw 16), switch will brick again. Will not be able to boot to OFW or CFW anymore, until I downgrade to fw 16 via systemrestorev3 script. Ive tried this with 17.0.0, 17.0.1, 18.0.0 and 18.0.1 without any luck, same result for all of them.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What version of Atmosphere and Hekate do you have? Following Youtube videos is cringe. Those videos go out of date fast. Did you actually restore a backup, or did you use a donor prodinfo as the thumbnail suggests? As I already said, OFW will NOT run on 16.1 with 19 burnt fuses.

Do you have a different card to experiment with? Since you don't use emummc, all you need is to put the latest hekate, and latest Atmosphere on it, /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini, and nothing else. Just to see if it will boot CFW after installing FW17+. If it boots, then you know your CFW problem is a theme or sysmodule or config that isn't correct. For OFW to not boot above 17... my first guess would have to be something messed up in nand, such as prodinfo (which installing a backup of boot0 and boot1 should take care of, if you bothered to make a backup before venturing into CFW world...)

rudiboi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
What version of Atmosphere and Hekate do you have? Following Youtube videos is cringe. Those videos go out of date fast. Did you actually restore a backup, or did you use a donor prodinfo as the thumbnail suggests? As I already said, OFW will NOT run on 16.1 with 19 burnt fuses.
I know following yt videos suck, I had no idea what i was doing so it was a good start i guess.

I do have the latest HATS package (6.1.1 hekate and 1.7 atmosphere).

And as far as the nand restore, i used my prodinfo + donor nand to restore it. Basically decrypted the donors nand partitions (save, system, prodinof, user), then encrypted with with my prod.keys + prodinfo and finally dumped the restored rawnand.bin and restored via hekate

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AIO packages also suck, but my guess is that something was done wrong with trying to make a new nand. Remember when you asked what the use of emummc was? This is it. A viable backup of your OWN nand, when sysnand is already banned. For non-banned users, the original EMUMMC created before installing any kind of .nsp, is saved on PC as a backup.

If you were able to boot into hekate to do the nand restore, why didn't you backup what you had first? Did you? Was the prodinfo modified by incognito/tinfoil?

rudiboi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
AIO packages also suck, but my guess is that something was done wrong with trying to make a new nand. Remember when you asked what the use of emummc was? This is it. A viable backup of your OWN nand, when sysnand is already banned. For non-banned users, the original EMUMMC created before installing any kind of .nsp, is saved on PC as a backup.

If you were able to boot into hekate to do the nand restore, why didn't you backup what you had first? Did you? Was the prodinfo modified by incognito/tinfoil?
Sadly I didn’t backup my nand but did backup my prodinfo and prod keys. Im not sure what do you mean by “prodinfi modified by incognito/tinfoil”. I would assume it wasn’t since Im not sure what that means

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just watched the video. Then went to look at the files and saw this in BOLD LETTERS:

DO NOT FOLLOW THIS GUIDE BEFORE BACKING UP THE NAND
THIS GUIDE ONLY WORKS UP TO FIRMWARE 16.1.0 ONLY Unbrick V3 :

With 19 fuses burnt, you were already above 16.1.0. You must have caught a typo before I corrected it, but it's already corrected in your quote. prodinfo is what was meant. And the video answered my question. Following this video blanks your serial number. What is your serial number when you launch CFW and go into system? On 18.0.1, it looks like it got moved to System->Serial information. I don't actually recall it being there before... but anyway, does that show your console's correct serial number?

If not, open your prodinfo backup with a hex editor, and see if the serial number is also blanked in there... around offset 00000250...

EDIT: You may want to check EVERY FILE in that v3 pack, and grab the latest. Especially considering what is written in the latest release notes for EmmcHaccGen. I'll start looking and adding links below:

https://github.com/suchmememanyskill/EmmcHaccGen/releases/tag/3.1.0

https://github.com/eliboa/NxNandManager/releases/tag/v5.2

https://github.com/suchmememanyskill/TegraExplorer/releases/tag/4.1.1

https://github.com/suchmememanyskill/TegraScript/blob/master/scripts/Dump_saves.te <--- click on the download button next to "RAW"

ewabc886

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Another approach might be just backup the nand you now have in the emmc
Mark it carefully e.g. DonorNANDwithMyProdinfoFW18.0

Then try to do the NAND restore with lower version fw like 10.0 or 12.0
Best is to match your original version
E.g. my switch got bricked when it had FW12.2, I tried to restore it with FW12.0
It makes more sense to work

But after all, why do you even need to boot OFW?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

E.g. my switch got bricked when it had FW12.2, I tried to restore it with FW12.0

fuses are burnt. There is no booting ofw with a lower version than 17. No matter what. CFW, ok, OFW, no way. As for why OFW? Beats me too... There's really no point at all with a banned switch. But if I noticed a problem like this on my own switch, I'd want to do it just out of principal. I want to know that I'm not working with a corrupted nand.

rudiboi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

Dont really care to boot to OFW that much. Main problem is I cant boot to either OFW or CFW with any fw >= 17.0.0.
Post automatically merged:

fuses are burnt. There is no booting ofw with a lower version than 17. No matter what. CFW, ok, OFW, no way. As for why OFW? Beats me too... There's really no point at all with a banned switch. But if I noticed a problem like this on my own switch, I'd want to do it just out of principal. I want to know that I'm not working with a corrupted nand.
Just to point out that main reason is that i can’t boot OFW nor CFW with any fw >= 17.

I would be happy enough if i get my switch to boot cfw with fw > 17 and not boot ofw at all

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont really care to boot to OFW that much. Main problem is I cant boot to either OFW or CFW with any fw >= 17.0.0.

Just to point out that main reason is that i can’t boot OFW nor CFW with any fw >= 17.

I would be happy enough if i get my switch to boot cfw with fw > 17 and not boot ofw at all
Forget hats pack for a moment. Update to FW 17 again. Do you have another card to use? Format it to fat32. Put ONLY the latest hekate and atmosphere, and /bootloader/hekate_ipl.ini on it. Force power off, if it does not get past the black screen after 15 minutes, and replace your card with the one you just setup, and try again. Make sure you're injecting the latest hekate with the tegraRCM also, and not whatever the SX thing is that the video says to use. If you use a chip, rename that latest hekate bin to payload.bin and add that to the root of the card. (I don't think you stated how you're booting or how you're entering RCM mode).

If that fails, visit the links I put in the post above, and try to follow that guide again, with updated files. Including dumping the (now 17) firmware. If there is both a GUI and CLI version to download, just grab them both. I see GUI's being used in the video, but the batch files call the CLI versions. Finally, make doubly sure you downloaded a donor nand for the correct model.

Also still don't know if you chipped your switch or not. If it has a chip, you might need to reset and retrain the chip after an upgrade.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your fuse count is 19 it explain why your OFW wouldn't boot firmware 16.1.0 as it expect firmware 17.0.0 to 18.0.1. Should always keep a copy of your original NAND, you wouldn't have this problem if you have your own NAND backup, using the sthetix method doesn't count as restore, it fall under rebuilded NAND.

Reactions: jkyoho

rudiboi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
If that fails, visit the links I put in the post above, and try to follow that guide again, with updated files. Including dumping the (now 17) firmware. If there is both a GUI and CLI version to download, just grab them both. I see GUI's being used in the video, but the batch files call the CLI versions. Finally, make doubly sure you downloaded a donor nand for the correct model.
Finally managed to update to 17.0.1 effectively by using the updated version of emmchaccgen. Now I can access both CFW and OFW with fw 17.0.1. Awesome, thanks!

Although I'm getting a new error now. When using a cartridge (actual game of pokemon), I'm getting an error code 2002-2667 (both in CFW and OFW). Not sure if it's an atmosphere issue or something else.

Although I'm getting a new error now. When using a cartridge (actual game of pokemon), I'm getting an error code 2002-2667 (both in CFW and OFW). Not sure if it's an atmosphere issue or something else.
Fixed this issue too. Seems I was using a corrupted donor prodinfo. got a new one and rebuilt my prodinfo with the donor and now it works! Will mark thread as closed

Last edited by rudiboi,
Reactions: urherenow

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: It's a kid's vitamin now!